Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 05:00 PM

939 posts, read 1,844,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Yes she will. But whatever. If we're giving Frank Tassone $170,000 a year, why not her too?
Because Tassone retired before he was convicted. Do some research before posting for a change.

Old 11-22-2011, 05:34 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,300,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcnret View Post
Because Tassone retired before he was convicted. Do some research before posting for a change.
It doesn't matter if Tassone was retired or in office at the time. He still gets the pension no matter what.

Ex-Roslyn school officials collect pensions in prison
Search Result item

Quote:
A New York State public official who pleads guilty to a felony while in office can be stripped of that position.

But that official can't lose his pension.

The New York State constitution guarantees that promised public employee retirement benefits cannot be diminished or taken away.

Old 11-22-2011, 09:29 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,244,986 times
Quote:
It doesn't matter if Tassone was retired or in office at the time. He still gets the pension no matter what.

Search Result item
Wow! Even though that article is older it is amazing how ridiculous the rules are and anyone that tries to defend it is insane (or on the teet). Good RESEARCH!

Old 11-23-2011, 05:29 AM

939 posts, read 1,844,760 times
Quote:

Search Result item
Sorry, sweetie, but no. An individual who is not retired and who is convicted of a crime related to his employment can lose his pension. An individual who is already retired will not.

Try researching something other than old newspaper articles.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:22 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,266,919 times
Quote:
Only in public sector civil service can someone like this last 19 years on the job, folks!

22 years to life for jail guard in shooting
[URL="http://mobile.newsday.com/inf/infomo;JSESSIONID=F708B5F22BE312528E23.3174?site=n ewsday&view=longisland_item&feed:a=newsday_5min&fe ed:c=longisland&feed:i=1.3340100&nopaging=1"]Long Island Item[/URL]

Back when it happened, here's what her union boss said about her:

LOL! I guess she had a good rapport with her charges.

So she did 19 years as a drudge on one side of the bars and now she has been sentenced to 22 years to life as a prisoner on the other side of the bars.

But there's a bright spot in all this ... she will get her NYS pension! Being a cold-blooded murderer sentenced to prison will not change that!
The whole thing is a tragedy from every angle, and it goes to show how people who have everything going for them can snap.

Yes, she was a good CO. That does not mean she had "rapport" with inmates. It means she did her job well, but I wouldn't expect you to know what that means, as you have never demonstrated any knowledge of how anyone in law enforcement works, what their jobs entail, what is expected of them, what they deal with, and how they interact with each other. Being a "good CO" means doing your job, preventing violence to the best of your ability, being there for your colleagues when they need back-up, handling altercations and fights that do break out with a cool head, and so on.

As for "rapport" with inmates, if you read the article, you would know that she will have to be in protective custody. There is no "rapport" between COs and inmates. There is professionalism, and treating people who are civil with the same civility, but that is not "rapport."

I expected this kind of thread from you, complete with juvenile attempts to insult those who do jobs you couldn't do if your life depended on it, and you did not disappoint. Once again, you have shown how little you know about the civil service and law enforcement in particular, and how quick you are to display it.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcnret View Post
Sorry, sweetie, but no. An individual who is not retired and who is convicted of a crime related to his employment can lose his pension. An individual who is already retired will not.

Try researching something other than old newspaper articles.
It's strange that Newsday didn't print a retraction stating they made a mistake about the pension system on that article.

I'll believe them before I believe you. Especially when you cannot show me anywhere in the law that says civil servants CAN lose their pensions for being criminals.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetties View Post
Wow! Even though that article is older it is amazing how ridiculous the rules are and anyone that tries to defend it is insane (or on the teet). Good RESEARCH!
Glad to see most of us on here don't believe the lies they tell to defend the system!

Old 11-23-2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:
It's strange that Newsday didn't print a retraction stating they made a mistake about the pension system on that article.

I'll believe them before I believe you. Especially when you cannot show me anywhere in the law that says civil servants CAN lose their pensions for being criminals.

If Newsday printed a retraction every time they were wrong about something, there would be no room for the comics.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
If Newsday printed a retraction every time they were wrong about something, there would be no room for the comics.
They are not wrong on this one.

Funny the usual suspects are the only ones around here who are desperately trying to make the rest of us believe so. Why is supporting a lie so important to some people?

Old 11-23-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
They are not wrong on this one.

Funny the usual suspects are the only ones around here who are desperately trying to make the rest of us believe so. Why is supporting a lie so important to some people?

What "usual suspects?" You mean people who know the system and have worked within it?

In your shoes, I would take their word for it over Newsday's, which can't report its way out of a paper bag.

Of course, you are free to get bent out of shape whenever someone corrects the inaccuracies you post here, but that is your prerogative. Hey, maybe you should work for Newsday!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island