Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2011, 06:53 AM

20,934 posts, read 28,414,875 times

Advertisements

My mom hurt her ankle yesterday and went to urgent care to have X-rays taken. They say she may have a hairline fracture in her heel. I need a recommendation for an Orthopedis that is affiliated with Winthrop Hospital in Mineola. Since we like the Doctors affiliated with that hospital I was wondering if anyone had someone they could recommend.I figured I'd take the time to ask around and when I see her later I can give her the information. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2011, 03:29 PM

30 posts, read 66,355 times
Dr Howard rose, he is on northern blvd close to community drive, I'm not sure if he is affiliated with Winthrop, Definetly north shore.

Old 11-26-2011, 04:34 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,704,930 times
Why dont you simply call winthrop instead of coming on an internet bulletin board for something so important...duh

Old 11-26-2011, 08:20 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,108,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Why dont you simply call winthrop instead of coming on an internet bulletin board for something so important...duh
I agree with Lubby, I want a personal recommendation from patients. My sister broke her wrist that snowy Saturday in October. We sat in Winthrop for almost 7 hours only to be told she had broken the wrist and she needed to seek an ortho to have it looked at within a week. They gave us Winthrop Orthopedics. I got her an appointment at Hospital for Special Surgery with a top wrist doc. Don't get me wrong, my family has had lots of experience at Winthrop, but I want a personal recommendation not a perfunctory list. Once I have a reference, I then check them out and make a decision.

Old 11-26-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Because I only like to go by recommendation ok? Besides that her ankle is alot better and she is able to walk on it as of tonight. She may not need to go to an orthopedis. Every doctor I use is by recommendation and so far everyone I use has been great.

Old 11-26-2011, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
I agree with Lubby, I want a personal recommendation from patients. My sister broke her wrist that snowy Saturday in October. We sat in Winthrop for almost 7 hours only to be told she had broken the wrist and she needed to seek an ortho to have it looked at within a week. They gave us Winthrop Orthopedics. I got her an appointment at Hospital for Special Surgery with a top wrist doc. Don't get me wrong, my family has had lots of experience at Winthrop, but I want a personal recommendation not a perfunctory list. Once I have a reference, I then check them out and make a decision.
Thank You someone who understands and agrees with me.

Old 11-27-2011, 09:58 AM

840 posts, read 2,445,857 times
well, orthopedists operate while sports medicine doctors prescribe meds/therapy/etc. dr. mcGraw at central island physical medicine and rehabilitation on her ricks road is terrific, i highly recommend him. he is also at winthrop.

Old 11-27-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunk10 View Post
well, orthopedists operate while sports medicine doctors prescribe meds/therapy/etc. dr. mcGraw at central island physical medicine and rehabilitation on her ricks road is terrific, i highly recommend him. he is also at winthrop.
Thanks, spoke to my mom today and her foot feels better than yesterday. if she stays off it and ices it it should get better on it's own. I think it's just a sprain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island