U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 03:43 PM

16,416 posts, read 28,008,897 times

Advertisements

Only in public sector civil service can someone like this last 19 years on the job, folks!

22 years to life for jail guard in shooting
Long Island Item

Quote:
In sentencing Kim Wolfe, Judge David J. Ayres said he'd wanted to have imprisoned her for life, but didn't want to risk a jury finding Wolfe not guilty by reason of insanity.

"When this cold-blooded murderer offered to plead guilty," the judge said, the possibility that she could be hospitalized instead of imprisoned was "was not a chance I was willing to take."
Back when it happened, here's what her union boss said about her:

Quote:
"She was a good corrections officer," said Jerry Laricchiuta, president of Nassau Local 830, a civil-service employees union.

Read more: Lover rampage - NYPOST.com
LOL! I guess she had a good rapport with her charges.

So she did 19 years as a drudge on one side of the bars and now she has been sentenced to 22 years to life as a prisoner on the other side of the bars.

But there's a bright spot in all this ... she will get her NYS pension! Being a cold-blooded murderer sentenced to prison will not change that!

Old 11-22-2011, 03:54 PM

258 posts, read 442,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
But there's a bright spot in all this ... she will get her NYS pension! Being a cold-blooded murderer sentenced to prison will not change that!

If I understand the Pension system correctly, she WON'T receive a pension, as she was fired for cause due to her felony conviction prior to completing her required amount of service.

Old 11-22-2011, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey95 View Post
If I understand the Pension system correctly, she WON'T receive a pension, as she was fired for cause due to her felony conviction prior to completing her required amount of service.
You only need to work 5 years to be vested. She won't receive the full pension, but close to it. Felony conviction means nothing. Look at Frank Tassone, the superintendent of the Roslyn School District. He stole over $1M from the school district. He collects a $170,000 per year pension and even collected it while he was sitting in jail being supported by the State of NY's taxpayers.

Old 11-22-2011, 03:57 PM

3,131 posts, read 4,126,445 times
Quote:
Only in public sector civil service can someone like this last 19 years on the job, folks!

LI,

She's not going to receive any pension whatsoever
She might be getting something else there but it;s not going to be money

Old 11-22-2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
LI,

She's not going to receive any pension whatsoever
She might be getting something else there but it;s not going to be money
Yes she will. But whatever. If we're giving Frank Tassone $170,000 a year, why not her too?

Old 11-22-2011, 04:08 PM

3,686 posts, read 7,345,894 times
I think COs have a tough job and deserve their pensions. Where else can you go unarmed into crowded jail cells, have excrement thrown in your face everyday, HIV infected criminals tossing blood on you, big sex offenders looking at you amorously and then have to come home to your significant other. It must be tough for them to perform sexually after dealing with criminals all day. It must also be tough for the Significant Other to know the person they were hugging was covered in urine and feces that day.

No wonder COs have a lot of mental issues..sometimes drinking too much...sometimes just burying their emotions with kitchen work around the house.

Old 11-22-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
I think COs have a tough job and deserve their pensions. Where else can you go unarmed into crowded jail cells, have excrement thrown in your face everyday, HIV infected criminals tossing blood on you, big sex offenders looking at you amorously and then have to come home to your significant other. It must be tough for them to perform sexually after dealing with criminals all day. It must also be tough for the Significant Other to know the person they were hugging was covered in urine and feces that day.

No wonder COs have a lot of mental issues..sometimes drinking too much...sometimes just burying their emotions with kitchen work around the house.
Thank God there's someone for everyone! If everyone rated being part of a highly educated, high socioeconomic class couple, who would date or marry a GED having, blue collar county prison guard?

Old 11-22-2011, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Yes she will. But whatever. If we're giving Frank Tassone $170,000 a year, why not her too?

Yes she's technically "vested" but...... If you get fired before 20 years for a P.O. which now changed to 22 on the new tier and 25 for a C.O. you lose your pension. There is always an exception to every rule( The recently fired officer in nassau had a deal in place before he was "fired") This doesn't usually happen and I was surprised he got it.

Your're getting confuse with someone that is already retired and then they get arrested yes they keep the pension.

Vested doesn't guarantee pension, big misconception

Lol, it seems everyone knows more than me on pension issues in NY state even though I use to be part of a group that gave seminars on the subject

Last edited by BigMike50; 11-22-2011 at 04:41 PM..

Old 11-22-2011, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
Yes she's technically "vested" but...... If you get fired before 20 years for a P.O. which now changed to 22 on the new tier and 25 for a C.O. you lose your pension. There is always an exception to every rule( The recently fired officer in nassau had a deal in place before he was "fired") This doesn't usually happen and I was surprised he got it.

Your're getting confuse with someone that is already retired and then they get arrested yes they keep the pension.

Vested doesn't guarantee pension, big misconception

Lol, it seems everyone knows more than me on pension issues in NY state even though I use to be part of a group that gave seminars on the subject
I thought you were an officer out in the field, not a seminar-giving "suit" type of guy.

If criminals don't get their NYS pensions, then why did the NYS Assembly introduce this bill this year?

Bills

Old 11-22-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
I thought you were an officer out in the field, not a seminar-giving "suit" type of guy.

If criminals don't get their NYS pensions, then why did the NYS Assembly introduce this bill this year?

Bills

That bill was introduced to go after the "other civil servants" not the P.O.'s or C.O.'s.

For the record I agree with it, they all should be judged on a higher standard and lose it all if they Fu*k up! Whats fair is fair.

Last edited by BigMike50; 11-22-2011 at 05:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or