U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 03:51 PM

3,686 posts, read 7,326,781 times

Advertisements

Made turkey soup today..tastes great...here i am in Rocky Point...with some great soup and willing to bring Crooks a nice big bowl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2011, 04:14 PM

16,942 posts, read 19,680,616 times
My mom gave me some leftovers. She had a 24 lb turkey for 17 people and many side dishes plus she made a 6 lb turkey breast, because she was afraid she would not have enough turkey. I got the turkey breast and a couple of sides to take home. Never made turkey soup but I am going to this weekend. What do you put in your soup Gpsma besides the turkey?

Old 11-25-2011, 04:52 PM

First off...you need the carcass to make a good stock....but anyway...

Onions,carrots,celery...season with sage, thyme, poultry seasonig, salt and pepper...add rice if you want

Old 11-25-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post

Onions,carrots,celery...season with sage, thyme, poultry seasonig, salt and pepper...add rice if you want
MMM sounds very similar to the way I make my Chicken soup. I am definatley making it. I have the Carcass.

Old 11-25-2011, 06:27 PM

16,685 posts, read 27,902,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post

Some poultry seasoning already has sage and thyme -- I have Uncle G's poultry seasoning and the second ingredient listed is sage. I place smoked slab bacon on the bird prior to roasting for the smokey, bacon taste as well as keeping the bird moist. The bacon is crumbled and placed into the water with the carcass. I use egg noodles in place of rice.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:20 AM

418 posts, read 913,361 times
Usually, I make soup using the giblets.
But this year - no leftovers. My kids hosted Thanksgiving and did all the cooking there. So, first year with Tofurky . They have turned vegetarian for ethical reasons. I lean vegetarian simply because I like/prefer vegetables, but am not strictly vegetarian.

In all fairness, I have to say that this stuffed tofurky was not bad, exceeded my expectations. But still, the better part for me were the mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes with blue cheese, salted caramel - all made from scratch...

Old 11-26-2011, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011littlehouse View Post
But this year - no leftovers. My kids hosted Thanksgiving and did all the cooking there. So, first year with Tofurky . They have turned vegetarian for ethical reasons. I lean vegetarian simply because I like/prefer vegetables, but am not strictly vegetarian.

In all fairness, I have to say that this stuffed tofurky was not bad, exceeded my expectations. But still, the better part for me were the mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes with blue cheese, salted caramel - all made from scratch...
what the heck is tofurkey? I assume tofu shaped turkey? LOL

Old 11-26-2011, 08:34 AM

Yeah..its the pathetically meat challenged,s attempt to act like real adults and eat faux meat. Ever hear of meat eaters trying to make vegetables seem lke meat.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:39 AM

1,600 posts, read 3,030,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011littlehouse View Post

It's unethical to eat turkey now? I think not. I hate where this world is going.

Old 11-26-2011, 09:00 AM

886 posts, read 2,155,715 times
I don't care if it's turkey,tofurkey or turduckin.....I started yesterday flingin small amounts of leftovers into backyard and dog dish to lessen the amount I have to eat. My bride would be serving it until Wednesday if I didn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island