U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-29-2011, 12:01 PM
 
3,686 posts, read 7,325,034 times
Reputation: 1781

Advertisements

You're breathing too much of that Mastic air to think straight lately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-29-2011, 12:04 PM
 
Location: Kings Park, NY
1,440 posts, read 2,189,466 times
Reputation: 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
You're breathing too much of that Mastic air to think straight lately.
Don't know how Mastic got here again? especially since I don't live there, but that has nothing to do with Centereach being a normal middle class town. Don't see how its depressing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2011, 12:05 PM
 
Location: Massapequa Park
3,173 posts, read 5,668,359 times
Reputation: 1349
I was thinking the same thing savaged about these posts...
What is "real nassau", Franklin square? And why is all of Nassau the "foster child of the city", lol? It's not really long island?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
Many people choose to live in Suffolk. More land, more quiet, etc etc. Isnt Massapequa on the borderline of Suffolk?? I never considred it real Nassau anyway, especially coming from Franklin Square. Pequa was the boonies to my family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
Yes all of those are such low class areas

Add Sayville, Oakdale, Bayport, Blue Point, Babylon too. These are also dumps. Oh and the Hamptons? definitely no classy people there.

Suffolk was around wayyyyy before Nassau. When I think of Long Island only Suffolk comes to mind. Nassau is a foster child of the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2011, 12:08 PM
 
Location: Kings Park, NY
1,440 posts, read 2,189,466 times
Reputation: 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
I was thinking the same thing savaged about these posts...
What is "real nassau", Franklin square? And why is all of Nassau the "foster child of the city? lol It's not really long island?
You know what I meant. It just gets old seeing constant bashing of anything thats not Massapequa.

I'm starting to think Pequa is actually the Eden of Long Island instead of Rocky Point

I'm just saying, Suffolk is not the huge dump people think it is. Why are the house prices and taxes so high if its such a dump. You guys eggaderate so badly, thats all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2011, 12:10 PM
 
Location: Smithtown, NY
1,600 posts, read 3,030,753 times
Reputation: 1014
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Wow that's painting a wide swath of Nassau with the "undesirable" brush!

I presume you live in an eight-figure mansion in the Hamptons, right, if you can trash Nassau that far and wide?
I wouldn't live on the south shore.

I also wouldn't normally put most of those communities on a "bad" list but decided to use a brush as broad as someone elses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2011, 12:13 PM
 
Location: Nassau, Long Island, NY
16,416 posts, read 27,935,383 times
Reputation: 7249
Quote:
Originally Posted by nassau2suffolk View Post
I wouldn't live on the south shore.

I also wouldn't normally put most of those communities on a "bad" list but decided to use a brush as broad as someone elses.
Then perhaps you are in the wrong county, as the north shore of Nassau is the one which contains almost all of the "storied rich people" gold coast areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2011, 12:15 PM
 
Location: Nassau, Long Island, NY
16,416 posts, read 27,935,383 times
Reputation: 7249
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
You know what I meant. It just gets old seeing constant bashing of anything thats not Massapequa.

I'm starting to think Pequa is actually the Eden of Long Island instead of Rocky Point

I'm just saying, Suffolk is not the huge dump people think it is. Why are the house prices and taxes so high if its such a dump. You guys eggaderate so badly, thats all.
It's not. I think some of us know that but enjoy teasing the Suffolkians. I'd rather be in Suffolk than "Middle America" or "The South," d__n straight!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2011, 12:17 PM
 
Location: Kings Park, NY
1,440 posts, read 2,189,466 times
Reputation: 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
It's not. I think some of us know that but enjoy teasing the Suffolkians. I'd rather be in Suffolk than "Middle America" or "The South," d__n straight!
Thats my point. Suffolk is still nicer than most of the country. I don't see why its made out to be Gary Indiana to people from Nassau, lol. I can take plenty of teasing, trust me =)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2011, 12:18 PM
 
Location: Nassau, Long Island, NY
16,416 posts, read 27,935,383 times
Reputation: 7249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
You're breathing too much of that Mastic air to think straight lately.
And you're grinning from ear to ear, playing thread puppet master since post #6! Happy! Happy! Happy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2011, 12:53 PM
 
8,680 posts, read 12,844,505 times
Reputation: 15220
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
Thats my point. Suffolk is still nicer than most of the country.
Now THAT, I'm going to disagree with. I've traveled quite a bit and lived other places, and although the Island has some beauty in its beaches, parks, and so on, when you consider housing and infrastructure, in no way is it "nicer than most of the country." Oh, hell no!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top