U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2011, 05:28 PM

7,658 posts, read 16,215,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
While i have always been a fan of patch village, to mention patch village and port jeff in the same sentence is a joke. Has pj declined? Absolutely! But they are still worlds apart.
You havent been to either lately...have you?

Trust me, as a North Shore guy..Im shocked too.
Patchogue Village is on an upswing and Port Jeff is a shadow of its former self.

I definitely enjoy PV more than PJ these days, particularly in the Summer. If the schools werent awful, Id live there in a heartbeat.

Crooks
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2011, 05:55 PM

1,440 posts, read 2,188,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
You can not compare the whole of nasau to the whole of sufolk.

Most of suffolk is a dump compared to nassau. And besides..most of suffolk is filled with trashy people.

Do you really think people want to love in suffolk..they are just too poor to love closer to the city
Many people choose to live in Suffolk. More land, more quiet, etc etc. Isnt Massapequa on the borderline of Suffolk?? I never considred it real Nassau anyway, especially coming from Franklin Square. Pequa was the boonies to my family.

Old 11-27-2011, 06:01 PM

1,783 posts, read 2,910,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
You havent been to either lately...have you?

Trust me, as a North Shore guy..Im shocked too.
Patchogue Village is on an upswing and Port Jeff is a shadow of its former self.

I definitely enjoy PV more than PJ these days, particularly in the Summer. If the schools werent awful, Id live there in a heartbeat.

Crooks
I visit both atleast once a month. So even with pj's downturn, it still beats patch vill easily. Dont get me wrong, im rooting for patch vill, it really is a great village.

Old 11-27-2011, 06:03 PM

1,783 posts, read 2,910,554 times
Quote:

Most of suffolk is a dump compared to nassau. And besides..most of suffolk is filled with trashy people.

Do you really think people want to love in suffolk..they are just too poor to love closer to the city
Yea, ok. Sure. Ill take my town over yours ANY day.

Old 11-27-2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:
I visit both atleast once a month. So even with pj's downturn, it still beats patch vill easily. Dont get me wrong, im rooting for patch vill, it really is a great village.

As well we should, PV is a great success story for Brookhaven.

PJ is apparently happy to be circling the drain.
Skels afoot everywhere, the LIPA money moving out will be an absolute disaster for the area not to mention the Superfund site running downstream to Rocketship park..

My moneys DEFINITELY on Patchogue and I think you may be living in the past.

PJ hasnt been the bright shiny in Brookhaven for some time now.
Sad to see her falling,Im hoping she comes back, I am only saying this because I care.
I loved PJ but the Patchogue star is rising.

Crooks

Last edited by Crookhaven; 11-27-2011 at 06:28 PM..

Old 11-27-2011, 07:49 PM

1,440 posts, read 2,188,075 times
I know I already said this but come on guys, its still Patchogue...the dive bars have always been there. Whats so special about it?

There is a huge illegal problem and the downtown is a overdeveloped planning disaster. If you ask me Patchogue needs to pay a visit to Sayville and see how to do it right. They managed to keep the skels out all of these years...must be a miracle. OH wait, maybe its because its not in crookhaven township.

Old 11-27-2011, 08:04 PM

16,929 posts, read 19,666,757 times
Quote:
Exactly the response i would expect from you. Thanks for the quality post
I agree

Old 11-27-2011, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
I know I already said this but come on guys, its still Patchogue...the dive bars have always been there. Whats so special about it?

There is a huge illegal problem and the downtown is a overdeveloped planning disaster. If you ask me Patchogue needs to pay a visit to Sayville and see how to do it right. They managed to keep the skels out all of these years...must be a miracle. OH wait, maybe its because its not in crookhaven township.
Were not talking about East Patchogue or Medford...just the Village and the only real dive bar left is Kapplers (and even it got a makeover).I think the rest of the Village has gentrified nicely.

I know youre not originally from out here but I assure you that Patchogue Village has come a long, long way.
Im not saying its as nice as Port Jeff was but very soon it could be as nice as Port Jeff is.

Bay Shore has come a long way too.

We'll see.

Crooks

PS whats so special about it?...infrastructure.

Old 11-27-2011, 08:17 PM

16,929 posts, read 19,666,757 times
Quote:

Most of suffolk is a dump to you? Are you serious?

Last edited by lubby; 11-27-2011 at 08:36 PM..

Old 11-27-2011, 09:42 PM

1,144 posts, read 2,432,100 times
PV is coming along nicely IMO.
Reese's, the theater, Del Fiore, Para Bell, and much more. And now there's Queen City Cupcakes, a Japanese Hibachi opening soon, Drove through tonight and the streets were crowded, on a Sunday!

as a couple in our 20's, we looked at houses in PJ and houses in PV. PV has so much more to offer for the money!
PJ is not a place I like hanging out at. Art galleries that have giclee's in the $3000+, trinket shops to... well, idk what kind of crowd the trinket shops are meant to cater to... Old ladies??? and every other store seems to sell sugar! Fudge, Ice cream, yogurt, cupcakes...
Thanks but not thanks. If it weren't for the bikers and 14 year old girls I think PJ would be in faster decline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island