U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2011, 08:16 AM

4,053 posts, read 4,974,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
Your sophistication is mind-numbing. Answering a question with a ridiculous question? - ok, got it.
I wouldn't disclose my location either if I were living in Suffdump. Take your ball and go home now.

BTW, Joey B lives in LA; Amy Fisher grew up and went to school in Bellmore and now lives in SUFFOLK (around Holtsville I believe).

Like I said, Nitwits.

Let's not let reality get in the way of NYTom's ultra-sophisticated deadly accurate commentary on Nassau .
See? you really do live with your parents!

Now lets hear from some grown ups who actually own houses so we can take them seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 08:21 AM

16,685 posts, read 27,986,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical95 View Post
I also do not like the fact that most houses in Nassau have that same cookie cutter design, no property, and that your neighbors can peer through the window and see what you are having for dinner every night...
A summer's night -- crickets chirping, a delightful, cooling breeze enters through the open window. My mother sneezes. Our neighbor across the street would call back, "God Bless You!"

The houses in my old Nassau neighborhood were close to one another.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:41 AM

7,658 posts, read 16,262,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
And I'm not from, nor do I live in Mastic. Not that it matters - along with RP, they are all dumps.
Shirley there's no difference.

Did you just quote yourself lol?

Wildly OT. Can we just do Patchogue?

Crooks

Old 11-29-2011, 10:54 AM

233 posts, read 647,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
Everyone needs to stop making Patchogue seem like its on some amazing upswing and a wonderful place to live. Not saying its bad, but its not exactly great either. Keep in mind we have newcomers to LI that come to this forum for reliable information - and Id say that 50% of the crap strewn around this board is false or misleading or opinionated by pompus aholes.
I agree. I recently moved here myself and came to this board thinking I would get some good information. I was pretty scared that Long Island was actually a horrible place. I am here and have been here for a while now and tell you what...this place is not so bad.

Sure maybe to someone who never got out but thats a whole different can. To someone who has been all around the country but never really explored the NE...Long Island is an amazing place to be...

Old 11-29-2011, 11:33 AM

1,440 posts, read 2,197,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Shirley there's no difference.

Did you just quote yourself lol?

Wildly OT. Can we just do Patchogue?

Crooks
Shirley you are obsessed with your crappy town you chose to move to.

Patchogue Patchogue Patchogue. There. I'm on topic.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:43 AM

16,416 posts, read 28,008,897 times
Quote:
What it comes down to is that BOTH counties have their trashy areas, but since Nassau is much more bourgeoisie and has more arrogant people IMO they usually like to sweep under the rug the fact that they have towns like Hempstead and Roosevelt and parade around the fact they are closer to Manhattan and have towns like Great Neck and Brookville.

Since Suffolk is extremely larger than Nassau of course there will be more "dumpy" areas but it also depends on the demographics of the area, which nobody talked about.

Suffolk has more minority areas in towns like Brentwood, Wyandanch, CI, Bay Shore, Port Jefferson Station and Patchogue where there is a predominantly Dominican and spanish population.

Nassau has areas like Hempstead, Roosevelt, Freeport, Elmont, Valley Stream, Glen Cove and New Cassel which is predominantly african american. (with the exception of Glen Cove, which is predominantly Dominican and Central american).

Both also have their white trash/redneck areas as well.....Suffolk claiming Shirley and Mastic and Nassau claiming a lot of the south shore towns. (such as the ones just mentioned).

So its all of what you prefer....each county has its not so decent areas.....
When was the last time you were actually IN any of the areas you are trashing in Nassau? Valley Stream is not predominantly "African American" and is certainly not on a par with Hempstead, Roosevelt, Freeport, Elmont, Glen Cove and New Cassel.

I also don't understand how this thread, which was actually a compliment to Patchogue's downtown growth, turned into the "Mighty Battle of Nassau and Suffolk!" Let's get a grip, people! There are nice areas in both Nassau and Suffolk -- plenty to choose from for all according to everyone's tastes, budgets and wants!

Old 11-29-2011, 11:46 AM

16,968 posts, read 19,765,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
When was the last time you were actually IN any of the areas you are trashing in Nassau? Valley Stream is not predominantly "African American" and is certainly not on a par with Hempstead, Roosevelt, Freeport, Elmont, Glen Cove and New Cassel.

I also don't understand how this thread, which was actually a compliment to Patchogue's downtown growth, turned into the "Mighty Battle of Nassau and Suffolk!" Let's get a grip, people! There are nice areas in both Nassau and Suffolk -- plenty to choose from for all according to everyone's tastes, budgets and wants!
Well said.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:
It is also fact that most of the Nassau "border" towns like Elmont, Valley Stream, Floral Park, Hewlett, Woodmere, and Franklin Square are starting to look like Queens, but with double the taxes.

I also do not like the fact that most houses in Nassau have that same cookie cutter design, no property, and that your neighbors can peer through the window and see what you are having for dinner every night...
This is absolute fantasy, especially when it comes to Hewlett, Woodmere, and Valley Stream. Have you been to Elmont and Franklin Square and seen all the new, big houses there? While there may be a few (very few) neighborhoods in the other areas right on the border that are "cookie cutter design, no property, and that your neighbors can peer through the window and see what you are having for dinner every night" most neighborhoods in Nassau in fact are not "Archie Bunker" Queens style.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:49 AM

1,440 posts, read 2,197,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
This is absolute fantasy, especially when it comes to Hewlett, Woodmere, and Valley Stream. Have you been to Elmont and Franklin Square and seen all the new, big houses there? While there may be a few (very few) neighborhoods in the other areas right on the border that are "cookie cutter design, no property, and that your neighbors can peer through the window and see what you are having for dinner every night" most neighborhoods in Nassau in fact are not "Archie Bunker" Queens style.
I have to agree. Even where my parents used to live back in the 60s was a new development with bigger lots and more land, and the houses were not cookie cutter queens style nor on top of one another

However most of FQ and Elmont do resemble queens. But not all.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nassau2suffolk View Post
Plenty mote than five in Nassau.
East Mass, Uniondale, Farmingdale, Levittown, Hicksville, Bethpage,Valley Stream, Baldwin, Glen Cove, Westbury, East Meadow, part of Locust Valley..... What are the criteria? We could find reasons to include almost every hamlet on LI.
We know you defend Mass. to the death, but now the entire county? Have fun.
Wow that's painting a wide swath of Nassau with the "undesirable" brush!

I presume you live in an eight-figure mansion in the Hamptons, right, if you can trash Nassau that far and wide?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island