Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2011, 08:36 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,474,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
Yes all of those are such low class areas

Add Sayville, Oakdale, Bayport, Blue Point, Babylon too. These are also dumps. Oh and the Hamptons? definitely no classy people there.

Suffolk was around wayyyyy before Nassau. When I think of Long Island only Suffolk comes to mind. Nassau is a foster child of the city.
I call it "East Queens"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 02:49 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,407,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Suzook of the North, "Youre going the wrong way"!

You shouldve educated your kids in Stony Brook then moved to Patchogue.

Patchogue-Medford Union Free School District in Patchogue, NY | GreatSchools

William Floyd Union Free School District in Mastic Beach, NY | GreatSchools

As for the Superfund sites, they are everywhere but few are as sinister and Lawrence aviation.Just check the Googles, its a poopshow.

Crooks
Lol, yea on paper the schools are night and day, but as i said, both did great at pat-med. And i, along with many dont pay much mind to the superfund hoopla. Is it an issue? Sure, but its an unfortunate part of the past, when corporations were free to do anything.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:26 AM

1,726 posts, read 4,037,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
5 vs 30?

or Port Jeff/Port Jeff Station, Huntington Station, Coram, Farmingville, Wyandanch, Brentwood, C. Islip, Bay Shore, Medford, Patchogue, E. Patch, Shirley, Mastic, Mastic Beach, Middle Island, Yaphank, Gordon Heights, Selden, Centereach, North Bellport, Ridge, North Bay Shore, Islandia, Riverhead, Wading River, Flanders, part of the Hamptons, greenport and Montauk ? I'm sure I left a bunch out.

To a nitwit, maybe.. I see your point - lots of nitwits out there.

You can ignore the other notables all you want as I'm sure you have nothing going on in your town.
Where are you from again?
Plenty mote than five in Nassau.
East Mass, Uniondale, Farmingdale, Levittown, Hicksville, Bethpage,Valley Stream, Baldwin, Glen Cove, Westbury, East Meadow, part of Locust Valley..... What are the criteria? We could find reasons to include almost every hamlet on LI.
We know you defend Mass. to the death, but now the entire county? Have fun.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:55 AM

7,658 posts, read 19,171,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Lol, yea on paper the schools are night and day, but as i said, both did great at pat-med. And i, along with many dont pay much mind to the superfund hoopla. Is it an issue? Sure, but its an unfortunate part of the past, when corporations were free to do anything.

Not for nothin' but Ive seen kids from 3V go to prison and kids from Pat Med go to college.

I think it all comes down to parenting anyway.The problem with pat med is the HUGE ESL/Poverty issue thats killing it.Most of which is closer to Med than Pat.

Crooks

Old 11-29-2011, 05:59 AM

1,441 posts, read 2,753,086 times
ok town with less then ok schools + an illegal problem. Other then that Patchogue is great. Still think they need to pay a visit to Sayville.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Never knocked Franklin Square. I'm saying that pequa used to be the boonies to people from Western Nassau. No worries, RP is still a dump.

As far as most of the town of Brookhaven, I am going to have to strongly disagree as there are many very nice towns/hamlets/w.e u want to call them within Brookhaven.

Check out Stony Brook, Blue Point, Setaukets, Manorville, Eastport, Lake Grove etc etc.

Is it really? Be honest, the whole town isnt North Shore Beach.

I think most folks on this board(even Gps) having taken a ride thorugh the other half of town(Historics,Tides, Terraces, Oak Hills and Pickwick) would agree that its nothing like where you live. Is NSB near the bottom of the North Shore....perhaps? (Maybe Sound Beach, EWR or Panamoka might be in that mix too since having cottages=bad) but thats still pretty damn nice and its a long way from being the dumps of Mastic-Shirley by virtue of its residents.

I mean I can take some ribbing from the Pequas but you really oughta pipe down in the TriHams.Rocky Points a damn good value.Good schools, low taxes, great people, its the he last bit of working class North Shore left. Ill let the court of public opinion decide.I know most of the negative RP stuff has been aimed at me personally but it doesent make it necessarily true or false...just deliberate.

Crooks

Old 11-29-2011, 06:16 AM

Lol. You are the most defensive person I have ever dealt with. You are utterly obsessed with your mediocore town and think that people crap gold there. The people of RP are no different than the people of Riverhead or the Mastics or Shirley. You need to get off of your high horse and admit amazing RP is no different than other middle class areas.

You also need to stop thinking RP is on the same scale as Setauket or Stony Brook, or even Miller place, because it is lightyears away from any of the towns you often group it with.

Quote:
Is it really? Be honest, the whole town isnt North Shore Beach.

I think most folks on this board(even Gps) having taken a ride thorugh the other half of town(Historics,Tides, Terraces, Oak Hills and Pickwick) would agree that its nothing like where you live. Is NSB near the bottom of the North Shore....perhaps? (Maybe Sound Beach, EWR or Panamoka might be in that mix too?) but that still pretty damn nice and its a long way from being the dumps of Mastic-Shirley by virtue of its residents.

I mean I can take some ribbing from the Pequas but you really oughta pipe down in the TriHams.Rocky Points a damn good value.Good schools, low taxes, great people, its the he last bit of working class North Shore left. Ill let the court of public opinion decide.I know most of the negative RP stuff has been aimed at me personally but it doesent make it necessarily true or false...just deliberate.

Crooks

Old 11-29-2011, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Lol. You are the most defensive person I have ever dealt with. You are utterly obsessed with your mediocore town and think that people crap gold there. The people of RP are no different than the people of Riverhead or the Mastics or Shirley. You need to get off of your high horse and admit amazing RP is no different than other middle class areas.

You also need to stop thinking RP is on the same scale as Setauket or Stony Brook, or even Miller place, because it is lightyears away from any of the towns you often group it with.
LOL

Perhaps? I thought I just compared it to Sound Beach and Panamoka?

But again...deliberate.

I assure you that the bottom of the North Shore is light years beyond the bottom of the South.
Why? Most of us are from other North Shore towns nearby.

I still say Patchogue Village is looking great and for you to be taking a swipe at it from Mastic shows just screams Trash.

Crooks

Old 11-29-2011, 06:23 AM

Quote:
LOL

again...deliberate.

Crooks
Most of eastern Brookhaven is boonies filled with rednecks. I don't know where you have been living, look around you. I have spent weeks in other more civilized, more affluent towns...and within 2 days of local shopping or even just walking around (oh wait RP isnt walkable) you realize how grimey towns like RP,Shirley,Mastic,Coram etc etc are. Give it up man. I can see if you were defending an actual desired area.

Rocky Point is nothing special.

I'm not continuing this for the 458th time. its beyond redundant, and you are as thick headed as they come.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Most of eastern Brookhaven is boonies filled with rednecks. I don't know where you have been living, look around you. I have spent weeks in other more civilized, more affluent towns...and within 2 days of local shopping or even just walking around (oh wait RP isnt walkable) you realize how grimey towns like RP,Shirley,Mastic,Coram etc etc are. Give it up man. I can see if you were defending an actual desired area.

Rocky Point is nothing special.

I'm not continuing this for the 458th time. its beyond redundant, and you are as thick headed as they come.
And I'm not from, nor do I live in Mastic. Not that it matters - along with RP, they are all dumps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island