Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 07:12 PM

110 posts, read 349,988 times

Advertisements

I have been skiing for several years and can't stand rental boots anymore. I am looking for a ski shop that has professional and knowledgeable boot fitters that can help me pick something to alleviate the pain I get in my feet. I am looking for someone genuinely interested in helping me find the best boot for my situation and isn't trying to upsell me. You guys have any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2011, 08:28 PM

233 posts, read 753,276 times
Hmm... I am pretty sure there is a shop in Huntington..I am sure there are other shops around as well but I have def. seen this one. Tell them you are not looking to buy anything, just want to get fitted. Then after they fit you tell them you are now interested in some boots and this is your price range.

Old 11-27-2011, 08:38 PM

260 posts, read 451,021 times
Good idea. I had the same problem years ago and had a mold of my foot made into a boot. I had it done at that ski shop on Middle Country road in Centereach near the Smithaven Mall.

Old 11-27-2011, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPoliticsNoGamesJustMath View Post
Hmm... I am pretty sure there is a shop in Huntington..I am sure there are other shops around as well but I have def. seen this one. Tell them you are not looking to buy anything, just want to get fitted. Then after they fit you tell them you are now interested in some boots and this is your price range.
I know that shop in Huntington, are you talking about the Sno Haus? If I tell him I don't want to purchase, why is the guy actually going to give a **** about fitting me properly? In any event, I wasn't looking for any old person, I was looking for more of an experience based recommendation. I know a bunch of shops I can go to but I don't know if the quality of the help is any good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger_Scout View Post
Good idea. I had the same problem years ago and had a mold of my foot made into a boot. I had it done at that ski shop on Middle Country road in Centereach near the Smithaven Mall.
I was thinking of doing this as well but figured I would give a new set of boots a shot first considering all I have been using were ****ty rentals.

Old 11-28-2011, 11:03 AM

1,103 posts, read 1,995,876 times
Ski you can't do that on long island anymore its been replaced with condos.

Old 11-28-2011, 11:37 AM

160 posts, read 316,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoracer9 View Post
There's a nice slope just north of your neck.

Old 11-28-2011, 03:04 PM

20,928 posts, read 28,406,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon_Byrne View Post
There's a nice slope just north of your neck.
That's the funniest line I have heard in a long time

Old 11-28-2011, 06:34 PM

260 posts, read 451,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoracer9 View Post
Too bad. I skied Bald Hill when they had the ski slope open.

Old 11-28-2011, 11:04 PM

I went to the shop today and unfortunately due to my small foot size 24.5 they didn't have any men's boot in my size to try. I went to another shop and had the same issue. The fitter there told me that due to my small foot size, and the fact that I am looking for a little bit of a wider fit in the front and a more comfortable boot overall he suggested I try out some women's boots. I am not a large man by any means, I am 5'4 145 lbs. I found a pair of boots that felt pretty comfortable - Atomic Live Fit 70W. What are your thoughts on a man wearing women's boots? I can't seem to find a shop that has any men's boots in my size for me to try on!

Old 11-29-2011, 04:34 AM

160 posts, read 316,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerz298 View Post
I can't seem to find a shop that has any men's boots in my size for me to try on!
LIE Exit 46 in Plainview

Snowboards, Snow Skis, Ski Apparel, Burton, North Face | Ski Stop
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island