U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 08:56 AM

16,685 posts, read 27,887,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandEddie View Post
When McCain used the word, regretably, in the context of Long Island life, or our values, or for that matter, any aspect of Long Island living,
or its contribution to the rest of the nation as home of the national laboratory as well as being a major contributor to the military and defense
industry, while cranking out some of the greatest aircraft ever to reach the military, once upon a time, we were the unspoken home of Rosie the Riviter,
Long Island Ice Tea, Billy Joel and the red light camera.

John McCain was a prisoner of war during the Vietnam conflict, he spent time in a Viet Cong prison camp, and was most likely subjected to torture,
I think that whether it was the Chinese water torture or the bamboo shoots under the fingernails, I believe that he has carried those traumatic times
and those days along with baggage that really doesn't belong in today's newly digitized world, he is a relic that needs to head for the tar pits, and to
dedicate himself to doing much good by lying there in the tar pits as little more than biodegradable mass given back to society.

Among the many nightmares that often come to me in trouble times, there is the horror story that has John McCain steering the wheel of the
ship of state, directing our country from a bunker below the White House and playing soldier boy at 80 years old, no that would never do. I have never
been to Arizona and most probably McCain has never been to Long Island, he might be trying to pass it off as, comedy, but there is really nothing funny
about the fact that as a public official his behavior is continually under scrutiny and that if he cannot contain his thinking so as not to demographically
demean nor negate any segment of the population.

I really think that John needs to return to Arizona and begin building a fence, regrettably more people flow through his open borders, perhaps to be
the landscapers that descend upon Long Island, like locusts. If he really wanted to do more to brighten America's future, I hope that he is considering
electrifying the fence! He will always be considered as nothing more than mediocre in my book, just another glory seeking personality who had the good
fortune of being, at one time, exposed in the media and trumped up to more than they really were.
I have the privilege of knowing a man who was orphaned at a young age who served for our country during WWII; who was shot down and taken prisoner by the Germans. Who despite everything he endured returned to the USA, married his sweetheart, raised a family, was successful in business and became involved in local politics and held a local political office for many years. He is a man of integrity and valor. He is a man whose word is golden, and who I have never once heard insult anyone or anyplace with whom he had issues.

Mr. McCann, with his back pedaling, dalliances, divorces and other tawdriness , is not a man who should through stones. My friend is a true hero; Mr. McCain should stop on LI and meet this man whose boots he is not worthy of licking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2011, 09:04 AM

8,680 posts, read 12,841,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
I have the privilege of knowing a man who was orphaned at a young age who served for our country during WWII; who was shot down and taken prisoner by the Germans. Who despite everything he endured returned to the USA, married his sweetheart, raised a family, was successful in business and became involved in local politics and held a local political office for many years. He is a man of integrity and valor. He is a man whose word is golden, and who I have never once heard insult anyone or anyplace with whom he had issues.

Mr. McCann, with his back pedaling, dalliances, divorces and other tawdriness , is not a man who should through stones. My friend is a true hero; Mr. McCain should stop on LI and meet this man whose boots he is not worthy of licking.
Given all he has done to try to reduce veterans' benefits, McCain needs to shut his yap in public entirely. His comments about Long Island are just more hoof-in-mouth disease, as far as I'm concerned.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:18 AM

1,105 posts, read 1,628,928 times
The one politician who has the balls to tell it like it is
and whats his thanks?

and you wonder why they lie you guys can"t take the truth. duh!

Old 12-02-2011, 09:25 AM

3,686 posts, read 7,323,267 times
Did you have your Cocoa Puffs for breakfast this morning?

Old 12-02-2011, 09:26 AM

16,685 posts, read 27,887,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoracer9 View Post
The one politician who has the balls to tell it like it is
and whats his thanks?

and you wonder why they lie you guys can"t take the truth. duh!
He talks out both sides of his mouth -- the question is which side is the truth?

During his campaign run for President he didn't have any regrets about taking donations from a place which he thought nothing of insulting. Where's our thanks?

Old 12-02-2011, 11:33 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,058,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoracer9 View Post
Mybe if more people from NY had maners
you ask a guy to hold your spot in line in SC they say why sure
you ask a person in NY they tell you to Moderator cut: language deleted
Dang, your posts continue to be absurdist (and grammatical) comedy gold! Keep 'em coming, please!

Old 12-02-2011, 11:35 AM

16,116 posts, read 20,148,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
I think he's getting senile, myself.
Getting Senile!!! He's been there for a decade but an electorate more senile than him keeps electing him

Old 12-02-2011, 11:50 AM

880 posts, read 1,688,388 times
Agent orange has finally cooked his brain.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:17 PM

8,509 posts, read 11,383,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetties View Post
yes, the taxes suck and there are no mountains, other than that, just about everything you write is an exaggeration of the extremes.
indubitably.

my other comment is... HAHA politicians.

Old 12-02-2011, 03:29 PM

2,005 posts, read 4,272,070 times
Default no sense of humor

It was a joke. Those high taxes really have mad yous a bitter lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island