U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-01-2011, 11:27 AM
 
2,630 posts, read 4,072,691 times
Reputation: 1754

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nassau2suffolk View Post
Always room for improvement, its just not as bad as that poster makes it out to be.
And yes, if you don't like it here or anywhere you are, leave. That poster left but now wants to come here to this forum to bash LI, for what? To make themselves feel better about where they live now? Please!
Another "if you don't like it, leave" recommendation. What about "if you don't like it, fix it." It's not like there is popular concensus that the place is thriving or seeing it's best times. It needs CHANGE, not exodus. Especially if we want to continue living off the backs of middle class taxes with little business development and cadillac school and police salaries. Same old dead horse. Everyone who has a beef just leave, that's much easier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-01-2011, 11:33 AM
 
Location: Smithtown, NY
1,601 posts, read 3,043,590 times
Reputation: 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose65 View Post
Another "if you don't like it, leave" recommendation. What about "if you don't like it, fix it." It's not like there is popular concensus that the place is thriving or seeing it's best times. It needs CHANGE, not exodus. Especially if we want to continue living off the backs of middle class taxes with little business development and cadillac school and police salaries. Same old dead horse. Everyone who has a beef just leave, that's much easier.
I welcome anyone who wants to make improvements. That poster doesn't even live here so why come on here and bash? I'll say it again, if you hate it here so much, see ya!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2011, 11:36 AM
 
239 posts, read 496,618 times
Reputation: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Racism? Racism exists everywhere buddy ...

Believe it or not, even Black people and Hispanic people can be racist
My comment didn't have anything to do with whether racism exists or not, but rather the irony that racist comments seem more tolerated on these forums than a silly wisecrack by an old guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2011, 11:37 AM
 
Location: Out in the Badlands
10,401 posts, read 8,376,304 times
Reputation: 7690
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Look what the bozo who chose Sarah Palin for his VP said about us.

From Newsday Mobile for all to read (but please excuse the fact that they have an idiot posting the stories who doesn't understand encoding):

Top Stories Item



What did WE ever do to McCain?
Hooo Yahhh Sen. McCain Except you forgot to include your com-padres inside the beltway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2011, 11:39 AM
 
2,630 posts, read 4,072,691 times
Reputation: 1754
Quote:
Originally Posted by nassau2suffolk View Post
I welcome anyone who wants to make improvements. That poster doesn't even live here so why come on here and bash? I'll say it again, if you hate it here so much, see ya!
You keep saying it and it remains worthless advice. Someone who is from here, left and finds the other place to be better is EXACTLY who should be posting. The thread is about a NATIONAL slight against the area (which was actually a non-issue and I hate to give it any weight except it opened up a bigger discussion). The arrogant denial that anywhere else could be better or have modern, credible ideas for sustainability and growth is exactly what is wrong around here. It's Kate syndrome, where our "unique character" cannot be messed with even as the middle class flee, taking the tax base with them. As long as YOU'RE happy, though, that's all that matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2011, 11:41 AM
 
Location: Massapequa Park
3,173 posts, read 5,683,580 times
Reputation: 1349
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucyAussie View Post
So it turns out that Long Island is the butt of jokes on a national level - who knew?

My favorite part of the whole story is the CNN bimbo pronouncing "NYers" as if it is a word - "nyers". As opposed to New Yorkers.

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com
Hahaha!! "Nighers" .

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
If the US doesent want us then we might as go it on our own. The only issues with independence are accepting the loss of US citizenship and the economic aspect, but hey that hasent derailed independence anywhere else in the world so why should it bother us?
And in 12 months the US will declare LI part of the axis of evil .. claiming were hiding WMD's, developing nuclear weapons, then invade us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2011, 11:41 AM
 
Location: Selden New York
1,105 posts, read 1,634,827 times
Reputation: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
There's no drug dealing in Florida or North Carolina?
Not in the white areas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2011, 11:43 AM
 
Location: Smithtown, NY
1,601 posts, read 3,043,590 times
Reputation: 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose65 View Post
You keep saying it and it remains worthless advice. Someone who is from here, left and finds the other place to be better is EXACTLY who should be posting. The thread is about a NATIONAL slight against the area (which was actually a non-issue and I hate to give it any weight except it opened up a bigger discussion). The arrogant denial that anywhere else could be better or have modern, credible ideas for sustainability and growth is exactly what is wrong around here. It's Kate syndrome, where our "unique character" cannot be messed with even as the middle class flee, taking the tax base with them. As long as YOU'RE happy, though, that's all that matters.
Never said there isn't anywhere better. Don't put words in my mouth to further your argument. I am happy, thank you. Sorry you're not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2011, 11:45 AM
 
Location: Selden New York
1,105 posts, read 1,634,827 times
Reputation: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
do tell. Is someone selling nickel bags near your favorite handball court?
Why you want to be first in line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2011, 11:45 AM
 
Location: Smithtown, NY
1,601 posts, read 3,043,590 times
Reputation: 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoracer9 View Post
not in the white areas
Bull!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top