U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 04:18 PM

16,416 posts, read 27,935,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPoliticsNoGamesJustMath View Post
Sorry didnt read the whole thing..but yes Ted Haggard... really?

come on..
The producers of these kinds of shows are definitely not "discerning" individuals when it comes to who they put on their show. To wit:

Crazy Christian Lady, Marguerite Perrin on Trading Spouses. - YouTube

***0:36-0:38 -- screaming, "She's not a Christian AH" and her behavior only gets WORSE and even more insane from there.

That woman had no business being on a TV show. She should have been locked in the loony bin yet they filmed her torturing another family and broadcast it! (The clip above is her freaking out after she came home to her own family.)

Last edited by nancy thereader; 12-02-2011 at 06:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2011, 05:28 PM

3,173 posts, read 5,666,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
From the article: "Our Long Islanders are, of course, Flavor Flav of Freeport; Mick Foley, or as I prefer to call him, "Dude Love," of East Setauket; and Dee Snider, from somewhere on the North Shore, originally from Massapequa. I don't think Newsday has ever actually located exactly where Dee is from, but he is Mr. LI."

But, see, Flav is a resident twice over. He grew up in Freeport, but he also resided in East Meadow in a cell, I mean for a spell.
Dee Snyder:
Born in Astoria, Queens, Snider grew up in nearby Baldwin and graduated from Baldwin Senior High School in 1973.[2] As a child he sang in a church choir, several school choruses, and Baldwin HS Concert Choir. He also was selected for the All State Chorus by singing.[3]

Dee Snider - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-02-2011, 08:11 PM

7,551 posts, read 7,978,155 times
When is Amy Fisher going to be on?

Old 12-02-2011, 08:27 PM

8,680 posts, read 12,841,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
When is Amy Fisher going to be on?

With that lunatic husband of hers? Never. Never mind no man wanting to deal with her. No woman with an ounce of self-respect would want to deal with him.

Granted, I don't see how any woman with an ounce of self-respect would want to be on a show like that in the first place, but still.

Old 12-03-2011, 06:02 AM

1,935 posts, read 3,524,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
The producers of these kinds of shows are definitely not "discerning" individuals when it comes to who they put on their show. To wit:

Crazy Christian Lady, Marguerite Perrin on Trading Spouses. - YouTube

***0:36-0:38 -- screaming, "She's not a Christian AH" and her behavior only gets WORSE and even more insane from there.

That woman had no business being on a TV show. She should have been locked in the loony bin yet they filmed her torturing another family and broadcast it! (The clip above is her freaking out after she came home to her own family.)
Wow. I can't believe I will never get those 5 minutes of my life back. I feel bad for her kids but I feel much worse for her poor toilet seat.

Old 12-04-2011, 01:02 PM

2,845 posts, read 8,923,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post

LOL wow I forgot about that one... amazing.

DWORK SAYDED... THEY HAD GAWRGAYLES!

This one is my all time favorite, though:

King Curtis - The Best Of - YouTube

Old 12-04-2011, 04:35 PM

7,551 posts, read 7,978,155 times
This was the show that had an episode with Balloon Boy and his family. I hope the aliens in other galaxies are not watching this.

Old 12-04-2011, 05:39 PM

16,685 posts, read 27,895,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean sean sean sean View Post
LOL wow I forgot about that one... amazing.

DWORK SAYDED... THEY HAD GAWRGAYLES!

This one is my all time favorite, though:

King Curtis - The Best Of - YouTube
That kid needed a serious reprogramming. I wonder how much he's going to cost the US taxpayers when he starts needing treatment for obesity, clogged arteries, bypass surgery, etc.?

Old 12-04-2011, 10:08 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,329,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetties View Post
Wow. I can't believe I will never get those 5 minutes of my life back. I feel bad for her kids but I feel much worse for her poor toilet seat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetties View Post
I was also caught between the emotional chasm of anger, and disgust, when I viewed the two videos offered within this thread.
As far as that little fat kid who called himself King Curtis, I had to resist the temptation of reaching through my LCD monitor and slapping
the crap out of him, what bothered me the most was the way that it appeared that his family supported his behavior. At first I believed
it was kind of cutesy, almost novel in the respect that a child so young could occupy such a spotlight in the eyes of realistic and well
balanced parents, but I imagine that I was fooling myself to believe that they were not placating this little misfit to the point of his
ultimate and personal ruination. If it is not that last slab of bacon that kills him, it just may be someone who has taken a fatal measure
of his behavior to a point where they put him to rest. I also looked in on the crazy Christian lady and believe that she was possessed.
I suppose that the greatest observation that I could make, would only be to say that I believe that the world has gone crazy. Have we
become such a sad society that we derive pleasure from watching other people degrade themselves? Is it like it was in the time of the
gladiator and the Roman Colosseum where we saw those who chose to engage in combat before an audience were either given a thumbs
up, or thumbs down but it was their life that hung in the balance. What has happened to us that we need to watch the spectacle that
reduces our esteem of human behavior, to try to learn what motivates some people to do what it is that they feel a compulsion to do?

Having seen the way technology has brought us to a point where we may observe the behavioral patterns of our fellow man and try to
equate whether or not our own personal behavior is up to par or is failing, it is examples like that which we see in videos such as these that
will or will not allow us to feel as though we are normal. One of the saddest aspects of the broad spectrum of communication that we exist
in as this modern-day emerges, is that we often get exposed to things that we do not understand nor endorse as being even remotely normal,
I myself, was raised in a day where a child was taught to speak only when spoken to, a time where it was more so a situation of,"do as I say,
and not as I do". I often find myself repulsed by what I am seeing in this, the modern-day. My disgust is with a generation that has been raised
up without those primal values that were so important while I grew up, those virtues that enable me to reach the age that I am without having
been shut down by either obesity or a wayward 9 mm projectile. If there might be one consolation that would come to me as someone whose life
had been spent, just a guy who is reaching the end of his road as an old man, it would probably be that I will not be here to have to deal with a
world that is being groomed already in the selfish manner that I see this up-and-coming generation be cultivated. I will rest within my grave in the
comfort of knowledge that it was not me who had a hand in polluting this generation, my children were all raised with a sense of value and although
these were days that preceded chicken nuggets or iPhones, Nintendo, wife swapping, dancing with stars or any other of the contrivances that have like
the Pied Piper, taken our children's eyes from the prize and led them off to the land of idle-headed dreamers.

There is also the possibility that the world of today has outgrown me, my roots were in a simpler day and what I believe to be a better time. There
was a genuine understanding of the world that I thought I knew as a child, but today while I see the shifting values, the emphasis that I see on the
"me first" generation of people that come to me through my television screen or my cable connection. It might have been true that there were people
like these people throughout the United States, but until I was able to see them as they have come to me through this, the electronic Broadway, the
miracle of the Internet. I suppose 100 years ago I would've felt the same if I were to be walking through one of Ripley's believe it or not arcades,
looking at things that within my heart, I honestly believe, could never be. In so many ways this world has become somewhat of a freak show to me,
although I see and accept most of the chain, there are limits to my sense of understanding. I never thought that I would see that day when child rules
parent, having the upper hand because the parents were foolish enough to believe that the behavior of this child was cute. I have seen videos of people
diving into an empty swimming pool, these videos are bought and sold here on the Internet, I often wonder whether these people even survived some of
the situations that they were in, but rarely did I believe that if it were not for that element of glory for the person who was holding the camera and capturing
that video clip, it would most probably remain in some private archive and never to be viewed by the world.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:13 AM

16,935 posts, read 19,672,707 times
I can't wait not to watch this show. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or