Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 05:18 AM

2,666 posts, read 7,335,822 times

Advertisements

I had CV, prices went up after contract.... I switched to Fios.... realized after all promised promotions that I am paying almost CV prices (after expired contract).... If you complain to Verizon about bill discrepancies, they will promise you a credit over 2 business cycles though, just to make sure that you stick with them.
Now, I am back to CV with a killer deal, thank you Fios.
Observations....
Fios is better, more expensive though depending on packages, but its way overrated. For the average person (yes, thats me) CV should be more than enough, is cheaper and it has better customer service than Verizon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 08:07 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,752,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu400 View Post
I had CV, prices went up after contract.... I switched to Fios.... realized after all promised promotions that I am paying almost CV prices (after expired contract).... If you complain to Verizon about bill discrepancies, they will promise you a credit over 2 business cycles though, just to make sure that you stick with them.
Now, I am back to CV with a killer deal, thank you Fios.
Observations....
Fios is better, more expensive though depending on packages, but its way overrated. For the average person (yes, thats me) CV should be more than enough, is cheaper and it has better customer service than Verizon.

As far as the "more expensive", on my install, the FIOS guy told me to call every year and see what packages were available. In fact, the day BEFORE the install, I got a call from a FIOS rep and thought "here we go....". Instead what I got was someone who had looked over my agreed packages, took the iniative to find BETTER deals and contacted me all on their own. And every December, I call and renegotiate. I don't threaten to cancel. I don't yell and I don't ***** at them and I have never once been disappointed. Called last week and my bill is not ANOTHER 10.00 less ontop of the 30.00 they were already taking off.

Old 12-13-2011, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz Crazy View Post
no, its nothing I, and other have already said. just put up more claims on how verizion is full of lies.

No it's "I say stupid things. I get called out on it. I then try to say it wasn't me and when I'm called on THAT, I get defensive."

And THAT'S how we know about your multiple id's. Aside from the fact that a huge majority of the true CV trolls all come from one town and no others (red flag), your writing and posting style are highly distinctive.

Very, very sad.

How does it feel to know you're not admired, not respected, not even hated. You're....pitied.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:22 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,997,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
As far as the "more expensive", on my install, the FIOS guy told me to call every year and see what packages were available. In fact, the day BEFORE the install, I got a call from a FIOS rep and thought "here we go....". Instead what I got was someone who had looked over my agreed packages, took the iniative to find BETTER deals and contacted me all on their own. And every December, I call and renegotiate. I don't threaten to cancel. I don't yell and I don't ***** at them and I have never once been disappointed. Called last week and my bill is not ANOTHER 10.00 less ontop of the 30.00 they were already taking off.
Not bad. Take it when you can get it. I quoted an apples to apples package with Fios and it came in $10 higher with no promotions from either, plus they wanted install fees AND a committment. I told them a) it would take better than that to get me to switch my infrastructure b) I am a former happy verizon DSL customer (from Brooklyn) c) a business customer through my work where I manage the phone systems d) I allowed them egress through my yard to wire the neighborhood...they would not budge, would not offer incentives and were somewhat aloof and rude. I actually said "you are making it really too easy for me to stay with Cablevison" to which they had no answer. I was calm, friendly and nice. Called CV and spoke to retention about my intention to leave. They re-ran the triple play promotion for me for 2 years and ultimately saved me almost $40/mo. I wish I could understand how the sales managers stay employed at any of these places. I offered up a softball to Fios and instead of hitting it out of the park they didn't even swing the bat. CV made a minimal retention effort and won alot of loyalty.

Again, as a rule I don't fall in love with behemoth coporate utilities, but business relationships and price do matter.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:29 AM
s13

797 posts, read 1,280,290 times
Verizon keeps sending me emails offering TV and Internet for $79 a month, trying to lure me away from Cablevision... I wonder if they'll honor that price when I call them after my Triple Play discount expires next summer?

Probably would have gone with FIOS in the first place, but Dolan's cheap tactic of keeping the local sports HD feeds off FIOS kept me under their umbrella for another year. Cablevision has lost its court battles on this subject and is supposed to start providing the HD feeds to Verizon soon, so by the summer I'll finally be free to go with whoever gives me the best value.

Old 12-13-2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 View Post
Verizon keeps sending me emails offering TV and Internet for $79 a month, trying to lure me away from Cablevision... I wonder if they'll honor that price when I call them after my Triple Play discount expires next summer?

Probably would have gone with FIOS in the first place, but Dolan's cheap tactic of keeping the local sports HD feeds off FIOS kept me under their umbrella for another year. Cablevision has lost its court battles on this subject and is supposed to start providing the HD feeds to Verizon soon, so by the summer I'll finally be free to go with whoever gives me the best value.

It's a promotional offer, so it may not be in place at that point. But it may be depending on competitor's offers at the time.

Old 12-13-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose65 View Post
Not bad. Take it when you can get it. I quoted an apples to apples package with Fios and it came in $10 higher with no promotions from either, plus they wanted install fees AND a committment. I told them a) it would take better than that to get me to switch my infrastructure b) I am a former happy verizon DSL customer (from Brooklyn) c) a business customer through my work where I manage the phone systems d) I allowed them egress through my yard to wire the neighborhood...they would not budge, would not offer incentives and were somewhat aloof and rude. I actually said "you are making it really too easy for me to stay with Cablevison" to which they had no answer. I was calm, friendly and nice. Called CV and spoke to retention about my intention to leave. They re-ran the triple play promotion for me for 2 years and ultimately saved me almost $40/mo. I wish I could understand how the sales managers stay employed at any of these places. I offered up a softball to Fios and instead of hitting it out of the park they didn't even swing the bat. CV made a minimal retention effort and won alot of loyalty.

Again, as a rule I don't fall in love with behemoth coporate utilities, but business relationships and price do matter.

I can imagine how that felt. It's sad that it's really the spin of the customer service wheel to see if it lands on good experience or bad experience. I've never once had a bad interaction with FIOS C/S, but have heard from people who have. Also, when I was with Cablevision, their customer service was pretty solid (of course, I never tried for any packages/discounts with them). It was their technical support (plus their equipment, selections, little fees, bad picture, etc.) that drove me away.

Old 12-13-2011, 04:50 PM

1,418 posts, read 2,807,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
No it's "I say stupid things. I get called out on it. I then try to say it wasn't me and when I'm called on THAT, I get defensive."

And THAT'S how we know about your multiple id's. Aside from the fact that a huge majority of the true CV trolls all come from one town and no others (red flag), your writing and posting style are highly distinctive.

Very, very sad.

How does it feel to know you're not admired, not respected, not even hated. You're....pitied.

wow, you really dont know me at all. you'd be surprised on how 1000's of people admire me. you really are clueless! you really should leave the confines of your home and get some fresh air.

Old 12-14-2011, 08:17 AM

Quote:
wow, you really dont know me at all. you'd be surprised on how 1000's of people admire me. you really are clueless! you really should leave the confines of your home and get some fresh air.

1000's of people admire you?

How many of them are not alternate id's you yourself have created?

Old 12-14-2011, 08:22 AM
s13

797 posts, read 1,280,290 times
Quote:
wow, you really dont know me at all. you'd be surprised on how 1000's of people admire me.
This might be the dorkiest comment ever posted on the Internet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island