Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2011, 07:48 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,150,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottzilla View Post
The last thing a McNugget has in it is chicken.
However, if you want to believe you ate an animal and not old Timberland Work boots, feel free.
Exactly

Old 12-23-2011, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
If there were no hunting, there would be no licensing fees, no taxes collected from hunting oriented businesses. Where would the money come from? Additional taxes?

With respect to your being a proponent for deer birth control: would you voluntarily set out into the woods, trap, sedate, inject, and when recovered, release a deer into the woods; or would you want to be reimbursed for your time?

Hunters are paying for the right to go into the woods for a limited time each year.

My father made money during the season butchering deer. He was one of the many people out there who made a few extra dollars (which helped the household) from hunting. The hunters with whom I have interacted hunted for the meat. Would you want someone telling you what you can or can not eat, and how you can/can't obtain it?

Factory farming is a heckuva lot worse than deer hunting, but many don't raise a ruckus because they don't see the steer's face, merely his flesh in cryovac. I'd sooner eat a deer taken (bow or rifle) by a friend or family member (which I know wasn't feed Monsanto soy beans, forced down chutes and terrorized) before a steak which came from a steer which was.
Just an FYI -- Licensed Wildlife Rehabbers do NOT get paid. Everything they do is out of pocket. Therefore, my answer is YES. I would.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
We don't agree on hunting, but I am with you on this.
YAY! LOL
Honestly if someone MUST eat meat, don't eat this garbage.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:54 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,942,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlonaG View Post
YAY! LOL
Honestly if someone MUST eat meat, don't eat this garbage.
Again... do you even know what any of it is, past googling "Chicken Nugget ingredients"??

Old 12-23-2011, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
If you haven't noticed - Ilona is blatantly angry over something far more serious then hunting/animal rights...she just won't tell us what it is.

On the other hand if she is really this upset over it to keep coming back and typing essay length replies - I know some very very good psychiatrists.
I feel sorry for people who don't care or have a cause.
What am I angry about?? The abuse and inhumane treatment of animals.
If you feel that someone who believes strongly in something needs a Psychiatrist then it is you who needs one.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:23 PM

734 posts, read 1,629,532 times
A deer ran across the road in front of me yesterday on Sound Ave. I looked in my rear view mirror, no one up my butt, then applied my brakes hard. Where there is one deer, there are usually more. But this deer decided she was gonna try to run out in the road again and cross. I laid on my horn, came to a stop, and she ran into the field. Now, was that so hard?

Old 12-23-2011, 07:53 PM

376 posts, read 1,012,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J5K5LY View Post
A deer ran across the road in front of me yesterday on Sound Ave. I looked in my rear view mirror, no one up my butt, then applied my brakes hard. Where there is one deer, there are usually more. But this deer decided she was gonna try to run out in the road again and cross. I laid on my horn, came to a stop, and she ran into the field. Now, was that so hard?
try that with rain/snow and you wish for a hunter nearby ..sharpen up ,there is hunting for a reason ...

Old 12-23-2011, 07:58 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,987,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ar1458 View Post
try that with rain/snow and you wish for a hunter nearby ..sharpen up ,there is hunting for a reason ...
To bad we can"t hunt the people who destroy their homes.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:07 PM

376 posts, read 1,012,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoracer9 View Post
To bad we can"t hunt the people who destroy their homes.
I agree ,we need to stop destroying the woods to build houses...no more room on LI ...

Old 12-23-2011, 08:52 PM

734 posts, read 1,629,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ar1458 View Post
Never in my life have I wished for a hunter and never for the rest of my life will I. I despise hunters. Plain and simple. I lived 11 years in NEPA and I never hit a deer. I drove 45 minutes to my job in the worst weather ever. Trucks off the road, people telling me to turn back. I went through and never hit a deer. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Last edited by J5K5LY; 12-23-2011 at 09:09 PM.. Reason: cuz i wanted to
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.