Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2012, 05:36 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,976,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
So you are a scientist now as well?

Here is a simple argument. We ARE at the top of the food chain because humans do not eat humans. That is what we call cannibalism - which I beleive is heavily frowned upon, no?

I do not need to know a blessed thing about evolution OR the "food web" to have common sense and follow simple logic - Which seems to be what you lack.

We disagree on hunting? I have never hunted a day in my life, or read even 1 bit of information on or about it. So I don't know where you are getting that one from.

Again - my views are based on pure simple logic.

and for my last trick...which our fellow CD member K4 can confirm - this is not a chat forum.

If you would like to discuss/obsess over hunting and animal rights - it is best if you find another forum that caters to this topic. This has absolutely nothing to do with Long Island for the past 10 pages at least.

Huh? Most animals are not cannibalistic. We are at the top of the food chain because we invented the "food chain." Take a walk in the Serengeti and see how "top of the food chain" we are. Without weapons we are dinner and fertilizer. A thread that's gone off topic?!? Oh, the horror. Don't be so smug. You just like picking on the tree hugger, that's all.

Old 01-09-2012, 05:38 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,942,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose65 View Post
Huh? Most animals are not cannibalistic. We are at the top of the food chain because we invented the "food chain." Take a walk in the Serengeti and see how "top of the food chain" you are. Without weapons we are dinner and fertilizer.
Well, duh. Establishing communities and tools to harvest food is what puts us above most creatures.

What's that saying again? God made man (and animals, in this case).. Samuel Colt made them equal.

Old 01-09-2012, 05:41 PM

1,441 posts, read 2,740,696 times
Quote:
Huh? Most animals are not cannibalistic. We are at the top of the food chain because we invented the "food chain." Take a walk in the Serengeti and see how "top of the food chain" we are. Without weapons we are dinner and fertilizer. A thread that's gone off topic?!? Oh, the horror. Don't be so smug. You just like picking on the tree hugger, that's all.
There is a difference between off topic and completely misplaced.

This site is City Data - subforum is Long Island. Not animal rights/crazy animal rights extremist lady yells at everybody forum

It was on topic for a few pages - this board is a joke because the mods just love liberals and pick and choose what they consider innappropriate. Go ahead, give me an infraction... It certainly wouldn't be the first time.

Oh wait...they will just delete my posts as usual.

Old 01-09-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
There is a difference between off topic and completely misplaced.

This site is City Data - subforum is Long Island. Not animal rights/crazy animal rights extremist lady yells at everybody forum

It was on topic for a few pages - this board is a joke because the mods just love liberals and pick and choose what they consider innappropriate. Go ahead, give me an infraction... It certainly wouldn't be the first time.

Oh wait...they will just delete my posts as usual.
Aww you poor victim of the liberal establishment. That's hysterical. The veggie lady made one post about hunting and got attacked for 4 pages. the negative to positive ratio is about 10 to 1 against her despite Yzette and (gulp..) Autoracer trying to help her out. almost every thread on here gets hijacked in one form or another. The ones who have to attack every post by the animal lover are just as off topic and mean as the animal person is sanctimonious. Science wise, she more or less kicked ass but as Walter would say you can't fight those "ad hominem" attacks.

Back on topic, nothing funnier than trying to take suffolk deer hunters seriously. Yeah they are just Bear Grylls, surviving off the land, saving the deer and making Sunrise Highway safe for SUV's. Dang Saints is what they are.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:32 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,720,071 times
We are the top-level Apex predator on this planet--in every single environment--in every single ecosystem. We are at the top of the food chain. This is not an exultation of the human race, it's a fact. There are hundreds of other species that are Apex predators in their ecosystems..but that's only because we have the ability to reason and have some level of compassion. Go watch Whale Wars or look what's happened to the Auroch, the Great White Shark, the bear and tiger species that we've annihilated...Many of these former "top of the food chain" species (in their ecosystem) became endangered or extinct before most of us were even born.
The Serengeti? How would the Serengeti handle a nuclear bomb?

This battle of semantics is not proving anything. Call it a web or food chain or whatever you want-- the fact is, no species on Earth hunts us as a consistent source of food. Whereas we can basically hunt any species we want and have the tools to wipe them out. But we don't. Because of PETA -- J/K .. It's because of the reasons mentioned earlier. And there are even laws created to preserve endangered species. Of course, we have the loons that like to kill simply for the hell of it. The only real "hunters" of humans are viruses, cancer cells and other humans.

As for cures- We have essentially cured/eradicated dozens of diseases--such as smallpox, measles and polio--to name a few. Besides a few Amish groups and Alex Jones die-hards that think the gov't is poisoning them, no one in the US gets polio or measles. Globally is another issue.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
We are the top-level Apex predator on this planet--in every single environment--in every single ecosystem. We are at the top of the food chain. This is not an exultation of the human race, it's a fact. There are hundreds of other species that are Apex predators in their ecosystems..but that's only because we have the ability to reason and have some level of compassion. Go watch Whale Wars or look what's happened to the Auroch, the Great White Shark, the bear and tiger species that we've annihilated...Many of these former "top of the food chain" species (in their ecosystem) became endangered or extinct before most of us were even born.

This battle of semantics is not proving anything. Call it a web or food chain or whatever you want-- the fact is, no species on Earth hunts us as a consistent source of food. Whereas we can basically hunt any species we want and have the tools to wipe them out. But we don't. Because of PETA -- J/K .. It's because of the reasons mentioned earlier. And there are even laws created to preserve endangered species. Of course, we have the loons that like to kill simply for the hell of it. The only real "hunters" of humans are viruses, cancer cells and other humans.

As for cures- We have essentially cured/eradicated dozens of diseases--such as smallpox, measles and polio--to name a few. Besides a few Amish groups and Alex Jones die-hards that think the gov't is poisoning them, no one in the US gets polio or measles. Globally is another issue.
Stop being so rational and cogent. This is the whackjob science thread.

Quote:
Supports my previous post. Top of the food chain through superior fire power. That and maybe we just taste nasty.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:47 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,720,071 times
Quote:
Stop being so rational and cogent. This is the whackjob science thread.

Supports my previous post. Top of the food chain through superior fire power. That and maybe we just taste nasty.
I thought we taste like chicken?

Old 01-09-2012, 07:50 PM

1,441 posts, read 2,740,696 times
Quote:
I thought we taste like chicken?
You really are being too logical/rational. Ilona does not like either of the two, lol.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:55 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,942,995 times
Once you get the taste of that sweet succulent flesh, you can't go back.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:39 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,987,931 times
Quote:

Jump in a pool of sharks and see how long your on top
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island