U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 11:47 AM

1,461 posts, read 1,679,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoracer9 View Post
kayfouroh
ohhhhhhhh

Old 01-10-2012, 12:54 PM

3,173 posts, read 3,506,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
You wouldn't happen to be married to LIMA, would you??
Yeah, I'm gonna bail on this "debate".

This is what it has come down to:

Poster A: "The Sky is Blue"

Poster B: "It is NOT... look at that gray cloud over there!"

Poster A: We eradicated smallpox.

Poster B: No we haven't. It can still be used as a potential biological weapon.

I think people want to just argue for the hell of it.. and shove leaves down our throats.

Do as I say, not as I do...

Done.

ps- We are the alpha, the supreme, Top-Level Apex Predators..we are at the top of the food chain.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
Yeah, I'm gonna bail on this "debate".

This is what it has come down to:

Poster A: "The Sky is Blue"

Poster B: "It is NOT... look at that gray cloud over there!"

I think people want to just argue for the hell of it.. and shove leaves down our throats.

Do as I say, not as I do...

Done.

ps- We are the alpha, the supreme, Top-Level Apex Predators..we are at the top of the food chain.
Sure keep thinking that. I've seen more intelligence from a lizard than what I've read here.

Old 01-10-2012, 01:02 PM

8,681 posts, read 7,841,929 times
Default Take a good look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
I think people want to just argue for the hell of it...

Old 01-10-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlonaG View Post
So now you are comparing intelligent, fact-based arguments with Nazism!
If this wasn't such an extremely childish comment, I'd be insulted. Instead it just makes me feel sorry for you.
Surely if I had encountered such scientific brilliance back in the late 80s, my career would have been over before it began.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
How the hell do you have 11,000 rep points in 2 years? with only 7,000 posts?

Cheats? o_O

The rest of the country is not as stupid as Long Island.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:03 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,192,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
The rest of the country is not as stupid as Long Island.
What? How does this answer my question. Even if someone gave you rep points on every single one of your posts - you would still not be at 8000 points. I don't understand.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:11 PM

17,504 posts, read 14,201,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Right. Shall we?

If humans hadn't created an environment in which deer overpopulate, and if humans hadn't displaced the natural predators of deer, there would be no need to hunt deer for the purposes of population control or to keep deer from starving, and therefore there would be no need to permit rednecks with rifles to go into Calverton Enterprise Park to shoot the poor things.

Your turn.
Us rednecks are only allowed to use shotguns and bows in populated areas. Stupid law huh?
Anyway, thank goodness the powers that be allowed this Deer explosion!!

Bambi, GIT YOU SUM!!

Old 01-10-2012, 03:24 PM

Yzette is indeed correct!
The supposed management of Deer actually manipulate Deer numbers for the benefit of shooters who want targets. Hunters are part of the problem, not the solution. As for Deer who've been hunted with bow & arrow - these poor animals (a living breathing being that feels pain) have been seen bleeding with arrows stuck in their flesh for two miles before the Hunter is able to climb down from a tree stand and catch up and finally cut the panicked animal’s throat.
No matter how you look at it - Hunting is a cruel, inhumane, and archaic practice. One that has no place in modern times.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
What? How does this answer my question. Even if someone gave you rep points on every single one of your posts - you would still not be at 8000 points. I don't understand.
Oh, it was a sincere question. Sorry about that. Apparently I am getting cynical about the character of participants here.

More than one person can rep a post. Also reps from high-rep people are worth more points. For example, a rep from me is worth 5 points.

Hope that clarifies. You can learn more near the bottom of this page: [URL]http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/index2.html[/URL]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island