Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 06:58 AM

1,441 posts, read 2,752,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
RPs unfortunately been getting hit too (Youve clearly never been to Oak Hills).
Mostly cars, idiots leaving Ipads and Gps' and such behind.

Desperate times.

Hows Shirley making out?

Crooks

Bro its not like i'm out galavanting with the dirtbags around here. In fact I am literally only here to sleep, so I honestly wouldn't know how its making out - nor do I care. I spend most of my free time elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 10:13 AM

7,658 posts, read 19,166,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
Bro its not like i'm out galavanting with the dirtbags around here. In fact I am literally only here to sleep, so I honestly wouldn't know how its making out - nor do I care. I spend most of my free time elsewhere.
That's a shame.

Maybe the Village will help.

Stupid petty crap everywhere.

Old 12-15-2011, 11:45 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,702,389 times
I posted this thread to warn people about what was happening here and what could easily happen anywhere else. Please stop this assinine bickering.

Old 12-15-2011, 02:30 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
It's crazy. I know people out here who still don't lock their doors!

Good question re: ID which I don't have an answer for but can find out during business hours.

The elderly man who was scammed in MP is another crime we should all be aware of, too. The burglar used a utility crew looking outfit to lure the man out.
Two incidents of the same type of schtick pulled in Nassau (Jericho, Massapequa Park)!

Do you think those scam artists they call the "Irish Travellers" are visiting Long Island? It sounds like the stuff they pull.

Nassau cops warn seniors: Be wary of burglars
Long Island Item

Quote:
That homeowner was decorating his home on Philadelphia Avenue about 2 p.m. when he was approached by a man in his mid-30s, with a diamond stud in his lower lip, unshaven and wearing a light-colored baseball cap, police said.

Old 12-15-2011, 05:07 PM

20,928 posts, read 28,397,897 times
Quote:
I posted this thread to warn people about what was happening here and what could easily happen anywhere else. Please stop this assinine bickering.
yeah I agree stop the bickering

Old 12-15-2011, 05:19 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,743,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Two incidents of the same type of schtick pulled in Nassau (Jericho, Massapequa Park)!

Do you think those scam artists they call the "Irish Travellers" are visiting Long Island? It sounds like the stuff they pull.

Nassau cops warn seniors: Be wary of burglars
Long Island Item
The man (with lower lip ring and unshaven) told the homeowner he was from the power company and got him to go to the back yard, where he spent about 20 minutes explaining how utility work in the yard would proceed, police said.

Poor guy. What's next, are they going to steal from toddlers? Sounds sloppy though IMO, what if he had a dog -- like a German Shepherd or something...the 2nd crook would've gotten torn apart and the homeowner would've heard the barking. >:}

Old 12-15-2011, 06:23 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,517,354 times
Old people get robbed all the time, not sure what the big story is.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:54 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,166,134 times
Quote:
It's crazy. I know people out here who still don't lock their doors!

Good question re: ID which I don't have an answer for but can find out during business hours.

The elderly man who was scammed in MP is another crime we should all be aware of, too. The burglar used a utility crew looking outfit to lure the man out.
Miller Place or Pequa?

I didnt hear about a ruse in MP, just break ins during the day.
I think they caught the kid.

Crooks

Old 12-15-2011, 08:31 PM

249 posts, read 514,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
Newsday would crucify you..... It should read a human being around 6 feet tall is possibly breaking in to homes.

All kidding aside that's a good heads up
You're wrong. Snoozday always gives up the race if it's a "white" person. Now, if you said: "A 6' tall black guy"....then you'd be on the mark.

Now, back on topic.
An alarm is not a deterrent. An alarm simply limits their time in your house. They know they have 4 minutes to get in, get the stash, and get out before a Cop shows up. So, they bust in and go RIGHT to the master bedroom because that is where the goods are.

If you REALLY want to protect yourself, get a dog, an alarm, and keep NOTHING of value in the master bedroom.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:13 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,702,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Miller Place or Pequa?

I didnt hear about a ruse in MP, just break ins during the day.
I think they caught the kid.

Crooks
Massapequa Park. Sorry about that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island