Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 10:56 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,715,420 times

Advertisements

Man Duck Taped During Massapequa Armed Robbery | Long Island Press

This is frightening; at least the man wasn't injured.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 10:57 AM
s13

797 posts, read 1,280,290 times
They taped up an endangered Man-Duck? NOOOOOoooooooooooo

Old 12-16-2011, 11:00 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,303,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Man Duck Taped During Massapequa Armed Robbery | Long Island Press

This is frightening; at least the man wasn't injured.
DUCK TAPE?

Yet some people down Newsday constantly and act like the LI PRESS is on par with the NY Times.

I can't believe they put that in the headline. Well, maybe I can. Perhaps they meant the robber was using "Duck Tape" brand duct tape.

Old 12-16-2011, 11:03 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,303,161 times
Default What's up with all these bad white people lately?

Quote:
The suspect is described as a white man who is about 50 years old, 6′ tall, 200 lbs., and clean shaven. He was wearing a dark-colored baseball cap, a dark gray sweatshirt and blue jeans and was last seen fleeing the scene on foot westbound on Sunrise Highway.
I don't get it. Are we turning into Appalachia?

Old 12-16-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
DUCK TAPE?

Yet some people down Newsday constantly and act like the LI PRESS is on par with the NY Times.

I can't believe they put that in the headline. Well, maybe I can. Perhaps they meant the robber was using "Duck Tape" brand duct tape.
Man Duck Taped

This was an Eats, Shoots and Leaves moment for the LI Press.

What were the man and duck taped doing?

Old 12-17-2011, 08:49 AM

7,658 posts, read 19,171,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
DUCK TAPE?

Do they have little ducks?

Old 12-17-2011, 09:46 AM

1,336 posts, read 4,965,556 times
my sister lives in setauket on the old field border and none of her friends nor herself have heard about any of these crimes. are they documented in newsday or any other local paper? most people dont even lock their doors around there

Old 12-17-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
my sister lives in setauket on the old field border and none of her friends nor herself have heard about any of these crimes. are they documented in newsday or any other local paper? most people dont even lock their doors around there
I live in the area. This wasn't in Newsday. My friend's sister is in Old Field South and she's how I learned of it. Another house over on Intervale was hit this week. Warn your sister, make sure doors are locked. If she doesn't believe me, have her call the 6th precinct and they will confirm it.

Old 12-17-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
I live in the area. This wasn't in Newsday. My friend's sister is in Old Field South and she's how I learned of it. Another house over on Intervale was hit this week. Warn your sister, make sure doors are locked. If she doesn't believe me, have her call the 6th precinct and they will confirm it.
Same crap different decade.

3V never hits the Newsday blotter despite the breakins, rapes, drugs, DWI's etc etc etc.

It was always that way, locals know otherwise.Dont get me wrong its not like its Compton but it aint Mayberry either. Nowhere on LI is.

Its actually disingenuous for Newsday to turn a bline eye, it actually keeps the locals asleep and the 6th precinct elswhere when needed.

Crooks

Old 12-17-2011, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post

One was on the approach to WM by the Post Office.
Ostrich at your own peril

Its real in Miller Place by the duck pond too.

Lock up.

Crooks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island