U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many killers do you think are responsible in the Gilgo Beach murders?
One Killer 21 53.85%
Multiple Killers 18 46.15%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 06:12 AM

7,775 posts, read 12,083,116 times

Advertisements

I'll admit I haven't been following this story all that much...but it does scare the crap out of me!!

I don't understand what makes them think it's just one killer...what are they basing this on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2011, 07:53 AM

7,658 posts, read 15,943,653 times
I think its a Mob Pimps n Ho's thing.

They stumbled on the boneyard.

Crooks

Old 12-17-2011, 05:48 PM

197 posts, read 395,538 times
Multiple killers with a wide selection of dumping grounds. So far, we've had Joel Rifkin, Robert Shulman, David Berkowitz, and the latest nut to name a few. To think one person is solely responsible for all these bodies is ridiculous.

Old 12-17-2011, 09:36 PM

129 posts, read 268,823 times
Wanna talk about something that's ridiculous; it's ridiculous how the cops are trying to say that Shannon's death was an accident.

But then again if I wanted to cover up poor police work, I'd probably go with that too.

Old 12-18-2011, 04:24 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,371,029 times
It would be quite a coincidence. A prostitute dies in a bizarre accident in a marsh after fleeing in fear of her life, in an area used as a dumping ground by one or more serial killers. It seems unlikely.

Old 12-19-2011, 11:30 AM

16,417 posts, read 27,382,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by extra300 View Post
Wanna talk about something that's ridiculous; it's ridiculous how the cops are trying to say that Shannon's death was an accident.

But then again if I wanted to cover up poor police work, I'd probably go with that too.
Anyone watch the 48 Hours Mystery special on CBS Saturday? I love this question Erin Moriarity asked of Police Commissioner Dormer, "If it was somebody's wife in Oak Beach who was on the phone with 911 for 23 minutes, claiming someone was going to kill her, would the SCPD have done things differently?" Of course, Dormer answers with a lot of bluster defending the officer who showed up and barely looked around.

But, really, if you think about it, wouldn't they have moved heaven and earth, complete with search dogs, that very morning if it was one of the many doctors' wives over there who was missing?

Old 12-19-2011, 05:37 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,371,029 times
I didn't watch the special, but I agree that it is pathetic that her disappearance, following those events, didn't trigger a serious investigation.

Old 12-19-2011, 06:22 PM

197 posts, read 395,538 times
To put it frank, the general public does not care about prostitutes.

Old 12-19-2011, 06:30 PM

579 posts, read 696,179 times
The Green River Killer (who also targeted prostitutes) dumped nearly 50 bodies in wooded areas over his "career..." he went undetected for many years. It's wholly possible that the gilgo bodies are the work of one killer. I just don't see two or more serial killers coincidentally disposing of bodies in the same spot. Same for shannon-- her dying there couldn't be a "coincidence."

I don't understand how the child has not yet been ID'd. How many missing mother/child pairs could there be in the country?

Old 02-04-2012, 11:55 PM

93 posts, read 139,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid825 View Post
The Green River Killer (who also targeted prostitutes) dumped nearly 50 bodies in wooded areas over his "career..." he went undetected for many years. It's wholly possible that the gilgo bodies are the work of one killer. I just don't see two or more serial killers coincidentally disposing of bodies in the same spot. Same for shannon-- her dying there couldn't be a "coincidence."

I don't understand how the child has not yet been ID'd. How many missing mother/child pairs could there be in the country?
Shannon Gilbert died (do we know a cause yet?) right behind the Oak Beach community. All the other bodies were concentrated several miles down the parkway. The common denominator is they are all prostitutes who marketed via Craig's List. I suppose it's possible Gilbert is accidental and unrelated to all the others, though it could be she escaped and drowned before she too would have been murdered and moved down the parkway. Or she was murdered in Oak Beach and it became impractical to move and dump her anywhere but right in Oak Beach once the police knew she was missing.

Parts in Manorville and Davis Park point to someone who knows the South Shore of Suffolk very well, and may have a boat, unless they took the legs on a ferry to Davis.

The police have got to be watching Brewer and his neighbors very closely, biggest coincidence ever if Gilbert is unrelated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or