Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2012, 07:14 AM

2,160 posts, read 7,515,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Favorite thread? One word: Cinderella!!!!!

Dickinson Ave School 3rd Graders Watching Disney Films

“Pure comedy!” as crooks would say! It started in 2010 and ended in 2011! (Will the link above bring a resurgence into 2012?) Where has deadpool1998 been lately anyway? Did William Naughton bury his body under the asphalt in some road in Smithtown?

Another great debate: All the arguments about exactly how long it takes to get from somewhere (the L.I.E., etc.) to Rocky Point!

And of course, the mainstay, sure to produce a rollicking good argument that would certainly come to blows (and maybe even eye gouging and hair pulling) if we were in person … cops and teachers, teachers and cops!!!

The side arguments in this thread cracked me up also: RP v. Pequa (with side journeys into Miller Place, etc.); ydsavaged and checkmatechamp arguing over street smarts versus book smarts. It just goes to show you that we can never stay on topic. Oh well, maybe we are improving -- at least the thread hasn’t been locked (yet)!

Here’s my number one:

LongIslandCitizen: The only person on here who can INSULT the #^#*^$%$ out of me and make me laugh at the same time! That’s no small feat!

Here are some of my other favorite posters, in no particular order. If I forgot you (and I’m sure to forget someone because there’s so many of you) be sure and remind me with a “HEY! Where’s my mention?!?”

lubby: Too nice of a person to be on here with the rest of us! lubby, we are a bad influence on you! Run for your life!

LongIslandEddie: One of the most eloquent posters on here and a person I’m proud to call Friend!

sean sean sean sean: The (intentionally … that’s important to note …) FUNNIEST person on here hands down when he gets revved up. Too bad he doesn’t have more time for us lately!

Mongoose aka Mr. Magillicuddy: One of the best posters on here when he’s Mongoose (Mr. Magillicuddy is kinda boring so I’m glad he’s retired)!!

Crookhaven -- A C-D institution (in)famous for his crooks-isms, such as “just my two cents” and “turd polish.” Look at the gems from this thread alone: “lowbrow S. Nassau elite went full on hairyback gorilla,” “based on the empirical data of the GPSMA brain trust,” “Da Riv is sort of like a refugee camp for fleeing Bay Ridge Brothers of the Badabing,” “the Mob has some serious fancy pants fucco waterfront real estate,” "just- cant - give- up-big -chief lewis-needs me -extra fancy fucco-hi ranch on gambino-canal-just like Muttontown but-must-end in a vowel suffolk -is - a -dump."

SilverBulletz: Always cracking me up! Like in this thread: “Watching similar threads getting locked after certain posters complain after they got owned E-style was fun.” Fun? It was priceless. (Except all the times I was just about to post and ***boom*** the thread was locked! “Grrrr! Who the $&#%#$ reported it?”)

Walter Greenspan, mathjak, Elke Marrioti, Tom Moser, Pequaman: I have learned (and retained!) a lot from these posters!

mathjak: Generous with sharing his great local pictures which in turn inspire me to get out of the house on the weekends and DO something outside!

gpsma: Undisputed king of the one liners!

dman72: Pwner extraordinaire of LI PBA spokespersons, badge bunnies and wayward local civil servants! I think he should be deputized by the Suffolk County Sheriff as an official BS Inspector!

Elke and Tom, our real estate people: I admire their restraint. I can see them gritting their teeth through my magic mirror into their monitors when they’re posting sometimes! They can’t be too snarky since their business presence and real names are online here. However, they do get in a few jabs of quiet wit here and there!

OhBeeHave: Full of wit, wisdom, and a great researcher too!

Kayforoh: Our “boots on the ground” guy in the Palestine … oops I mean Cedarhurst … OJ settlement! When’s your tour of duty over? Or are you gonna move to Cedarhurst … again?

JohninWestbury -- LI’s illegal alien expert (no, he is not racist against Hispanics, I think he would be just as ticked at non-Hispanic “white” illegal aliens if they were the ones trashing Westbury); also our resident videographer (best one was where he caught the LIRR hole punchers lounging in two blocked off cars while the passengers had to stand in the aisles of the open cars -- I think he got death threats for that one)!

hotkarl: Undisputed king of the LI zombies! I hope he runs for Nassau’s County Executive!

LIMA: The best driver on LI, bar none!

Autoracer9 -- Undisputed prince of the one liners … even if he can barely write legible English! Are you gpsma’s love child?

alexei27: Our own personal weather disaster expert … hurricane? tornado? earthquake? Alexei is on it .. with charts for us too!

Smash and Interlude: two of my favorite “libs” … and many times I have to say they’ve got a point!

checkmatechamp, Autoracer9 and razor123: The young blood of the group … what are you doing spending so much time with us old farts? We’re gonna rot your minds!

The Whole Crazy Gang: ydsavaged, cokatie, S.I.B., Jetties, nyliguy, raiser, scotzilla, Buckthedog, Goodnight, LongIslandPerson, qlty, inception937, gag, 2011littlehouse, Spanky25, JDawg8181, paperman1111, Coney, nuts2uiam, daveoliva, mikeykid, s13, Chrisk327, ENFD, rocafeller09, nassau2suffolk, bigstigs -- Please note ALL of you have caused me to LMAO here!

The Expat Gang: GPC, ClarkStreetKid, VAYankee, twingles, mikeykid, all the other lurkers. Why the $$&^##**#%()$! do you people come back here? Why aren’t you posting on threads for Mecca, NC, Armadillo Guts, TX and Short Pump, VA?

twingles (again) -- Garden City go to person and all around bon vivant! (Too bad she deserted us for the wilds of NC!)

Taz Crazy: Give us back Kenny Guido! What did you do with him?
Awww shucks thanks! Although this winter has me bored to tears after the summer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 07:18 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,973,207 times
Quote:
Kayforoh: Our “boots on the ground” guy in the Palestine … oops I mean Cedarhurst … OJ settlement! When’s your tour of duty over? Or are you gonna move to Cedarhurst … again?
Hahaha we are thinking of packing up at the end of this year and vacating the state. It has gone from bad to worse in this area.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:23 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,752,308 times
Quote:

“Pure comedy!” as crooks would say! It started in 2010 and ended in 2011! (Will the link above bring a resurgence into 2012?) Where has deadpool1998 been lately anyway? Did William Naughton bury his body under the asphalt in some road in Smithtown?

Another great debate: All the arguments about exactly how long it takes to get from somewhere (the L.I.E., etc.) to Rocky Point!

And of course, the mainstay, sure to produce a rollicking good argument that would certainly come to blows (and maybe even eye gouging and hair pulling) if we were in person … cops and teachers, teachers and cops!!!

The side arguments in this thread cracked me up also: RP v. Pequa (with side journeys into Miller Place, etc.); ydsavaged and checkmatechamp arguing over street smarts versus book smarts. It just goes to show you that we can never stay on topic. Oh well, maybe we are improving -- at least the thread hasn’t been locked (yet)!

Here’s my number one:

LongIslandCitizen: The only person on here who can INSULT the #^#*^$%$ out of me and make me laugh at the same time! That’s no small feat!

Here are some of my other favorite posters, in no particular order. If I forgot you (and I’m sure to forget someone because there’s so many of you) be sure and remind me with a “HEY! Where’s my mention?!?”

lubby: Too nice of a person to be on here with the rest of us! lubby, we are a bad influence on you! Run for your life!

LongIslandEddie: One of the most eloquent posters on here and a person I’m proud to call Friend!

sean sean sean sean: The (intentionally … that’s important to note …) FUNNIEST person on here hands down when he gets revved up. Too bad he doesn’t have more time for us lately!

Mongoose aka Mr. Magillicuddy: One of the best posters on here when he’s Mongoose (Mr. Magillicuddy is kinda boring so I’m glad he’s retired)!!

Crookhaven -- A C-D institution (in)famous for his crooks-isms, such as “just my two cents” and “turd polish.” Look at the gems from this thread alone: “lowbrow S. Nassau elite went full on hairyback gorilla,” “based on the empirical data of the GPSMA brain trust,” “Da Riv is sort of like a refugee camp for fleeing Bay Ridge Brothers of the Badabing,” “the Mob has some serious fancy pants fucco waterfront real estate,” "just- cant - give- up-big -chief lewis-needs me -extra fancy fucco-hi ranch on gambino-canal-just like Muttontown but-must-end in a vowel suffolk -is - a -dump."

SilverBulletz: Always cracking me up! Like in this thread: “Watching similar threads getting locked after certain posters complain after they got owned E-style was fun.” Fun? It was priceless. (Except all the times I was just about to post and ***boom*** the thread was locked! “Grrrr! Who the $&#%#$ reported it?”)

Walter Greenspan, mathjak, Elke Marrioti, Tom Moser, Pequaman: I have learned (and retained!) a lot from these posters!

mathjak: Generous with sharing his great local pictures which in turn inspire me to get out of the house on the weekends and DO something outside!

dman72: Pwner extraordinaire of LI PBA spokespersons, badge bunnies and wayward local civil servants! I think he should be deputized by the Suffolk County Sheriff as an official BS Inspector!

Elke and Tom, our real estate people: I admire their restraint. I can see them gritting their teeth through my magic mirror into their monitors when they’re posting sometimes! They can’t be too snarky since their business presence and real names are online here. However, they do get in a few jabs of quiet wit here and there!

JohninWestbury -- LI’s illegal alien expert (no, he is not racist against Hispanics, I think he would be just as ticked at non-Hispanic “white” illegal aliens if they were the ones trashing Westbury); also our resident videographer (best one was where he caught the LIRR hole punchers lounging in two blocked off cars while the passengers had to stand in the aisles of the open cars -- I think he got death threats for that one)!

hotkarl: Undisputed king of the LI zombies! I hope he runs for Nassau’s County Executive!

Autoracer9 -- Undisputed prince of the one liners … even if he can barely write legible English! Are you gpsma’s love child?

alexei27: Our own personal weather disaster expert … hurricane? tornado? earthquake? Alexei is on it .. with charts for us too!

Smash and Interlude: two of my favorite “libs” … and many times I have to say they’ve got a point!

checkmatechamp, Autoracer9 and razor123: The young blood of the group … what are you doing spending so much time with us old farts? We’re gonna rot your minds!

The Whole Crazy Gang: ydsavaged, cokatie, S.I.B., Jetties, nyliguy, raiser, scotzilla, Buckthedog, Goodnight, LongIslandPerson, qlty, inception937, gag, 2011littlehouse, Spanky25, JDawg8181, paperman1111, Coney, nuts2uiam, daveoliva, mikeykid, s13, Chrisk327, ENFD, rocafeller09, nassau2suffolk, bigstigs -- Please note ALL of you have caused me to LMAO here!

The Expat Gang: GPC, ClarkStreetKid, VAYankee, twingles, mikeykid, all the other lurkers. Why the $$&^##**#%()$! do you people come back here? Why aren’t you posting on threads for Mecca, NC, Armadillo Guts, TX and Short Pump, VA?

twingles (again) -- Garden City go to person and all around bon vivant! (Too bad she deserted us for the wilds of NC!)

Man, that stings.....

Old 01-06-2012, 07:40 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,997,457 times
Quote:

Here’s my number one:

Fantabulous.
1. Mr Magill (one trick pony) was kidnapped and murdered by TOH Bldg Dept goons. Body reputed to be under the new shopping mecca in Westbury.
2. Tried to rep but as always "have to spread it around" cause I repped you too much...deservedly so.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:34 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,303,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
Man, that stings.....
AHHHH ^&*%$#@%^^&**(*(#@@!!!!!

I knew I shouldn't have posted this when I was tired!

I left TJLamb out as one of my LOL posters!

And I have LOL'd a number of times ... especially at his sheer PERSISTENCE and OUTRIGHT PESTINESS in demanding a certain someone fess up!

Sorry TJ!

Since I'm here I wanna add another one to my favorite expats: Sheena12

Old 01-06-2012, 08:37 AM

1,441 posts, read 2,753,086 times
Quote:
AHHHH ^&*%$#@%^^&**(*(#@@!!!!!

I knew I shouldn't have posted this when I was tired!

I left TJLamb out as one of my LOL posters!

And I have LOL'd a number of times ... especially at his sheer PERSISTENCE and OUTRIGHT PESTINESS in demanding a certain someone fess up!

Sorry TJ!

Since I'm here I wanna add another one to my favorite expats: Sheena12
I am part of the Crazy gang...not sure what that means, but I'll take it!

Old 01-06-2012, 08:41 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,303,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
I am part of the Crazy gang...not sure what that means, but I'll take it!
It means I have laughed like crazy and snorted coffee out of my nose when reading your posts!

I'm just glad I'm not at the point when I might need Depends after laughing like crazy!

Old 01-06-2012, 08:43 AM

194 posts, read 444,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandPerson View Post
lol, how young are the "youngins" in this section?

Are we getting mortgage advice from 14 year olds! lol
The two "youngins" seem to write posts that are better thought out, worded, and researched than some of those written by a few of the so-called "adults" here. In one case, it's good to see my tax dollar, which funds the exorbitant teachers' salaries paid in SD 23, has resulted in producing at least one young adult who can string multiple words together to form a coherent sentence.

Last edited by paperman1111; 01-06-2012 at 09:23 AM.. Reason: Commas are your friend

Old 01-06-2012, 08:45 AM

1,441 posts, read 2,753,086 times
Quote:
It means I have laughed like crazy and snorted coffee out of my nose when reading your posts!

I'm just glad I'm not at the point when I might need Depends after laughing like crazy!
once again..."you must spread some rep around before giving it to ILoveLI.." Hate the rep rules!!

Old 01-06-2012, 08:46 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,973,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperman1111 View Post
The two "youngins" seem to write posts that are better thought out, worded, and researched than some of those written by a few of the so-called "adults" here. In one case, it's good to see my tax dollar, which funds the exorbitant teachers' salaries paid in SD 23, has resulted in producing a least one young adult who can string multiple words together to form a coherent sentence.
autoracer?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island