Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 10:30 PM

449 posts, read 1,132,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke Mariotti View Post
Well, well - the two of you "butting heads" again

Ok, it's NOT cheaper than Hempstead!

The listing you quoted is a three room cottage/house in Sound Beach, albeit in the Miller Place SD, and it's a short sale (taxes under $3K).

Currently, there is a four room cottage in Hempstead for $65,000 (MLS #2442856), not a short sale and no appliances; total taxes $7,800++
and a four room "ranch" in Baldwin Harbor (MLS #2445149), waterfront, no appliances and in poor condition for $80K; taxes $6K++

Sound Beach isn't Miller Place even though some areas may share the same SD, just like Wyandanch isn't Dix Hills, but some areas share the HHH SD! (not that I'm comparing Sound Beach to Wyandanch ).

Just for the record
The part of Wyandanch in HHH SD is a cemetery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 11:01 PM

2,845 posts, read 10,509,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor123 View Post
The part of Wyandanch in HHH SD is a cemetery.
You have studied Walter Greenspan's maps well, young grasshopper

However I think Elke was probably referring to Wheatley Heights, which has a Wyandanch ZIP code.

Also I forgot to mention daveoliva on my list... only makes an occasional appearance, but when he does he sure as hell makes it count!!

Old 01-01-2012, 11:16 PM

449 posts, read 1,132,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean sean sean sean View Post
You have studied Walter Greenspan's maps well, young grasshopper

However I think Elke was probably referring to Wheatley Heights, which has a Wyandanch ZIP code.

Also I forgot to mention daveoliva on my list... only makes an occasional appearance, but when he does he sure as hell makes it count!!
I know, but I feel so sorry for the residents of Wheatley Heights...the community is such a rare type of municipality... An upper middle-class majority-minority community...but there are cursed with such a ZIP Code. There are a few lucky blocks With 11746, though. Lol I just though I'd stand up for the residents of that hamlet. Quick Question: does anybody know if people actually say "Wheatley Heights" or is it just "the section of Wyandanch in the HHH SD?"

Old 01-01-2012, 11:28 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,150,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor123 View Post
Quick Question: does anybody know if people actually say "Wheatley Heights" or is it just "the section of Wyandanch in the HHH SD?"
Plenty of people actually say Wheatley Hts, since very few in Wyandanch are in the HHH SD.
There are MLS listings in "Wheatley Hts" and there are listings in "Wyandanch"; very few homes in "Wyandanch" are in HHH SD.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:09 AM

2,851 posts, read 3,474,258 times
Watching similar threads getting locked after certain posters complain after they got owned E-style was fun.

To be honest, the tried and true LI "Damn Teacher/Police/Union/Etc" threads are always my favorite.

Too many nice posters around here to pick just one.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:58 AM

7,658 posts, read 19,170,730 times
[quote=Razor123;22358321]The part of Wyandanch in HHH SD is a cemetery.[/QUOTE

BTW who owns that big assed steel church at the end of Straight path?
How the hell did they get a variance for that?That shed is bigger than the Coliseum.

Jesus!

Crooks

Old 01-02-2012, 05:00 AM

Quote:

The listing you quoted is a three room cottage/house in Sound Beach, albeit in the Miller Place SD, and it's a short sale (taxes under $3K).

Currently, there is a four room cottage in Hempstead for $65,000 (MLS #2442856), not a short sale and no appliances; total taxes $7,800++
and a four room "ranch" in Baldwin Harbor (MLS #2445149), waterfront, no appliances and in poor condition for $80K; taxes $6K++

Sound Beach isn't Miller Place even though some areas may share the same SD, just like Wyandanch isn't Dix Hills, but some areas share the HHH SD! (not that I'm comparing Sound Beach to Wyandanch ).

Just for the record
Never let something like the truth get in the way of a Pequagenda.

Suffolk is a dump.

Happy New Year Elke

Crooks

Old 01-02-2012, 06:18 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,745,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
I'm not here to carry Miller Place's water, there's a reason theres ne'er a peep made, it's because great towns, really great towns, rarely need defending, turd polish or salesmanship. You may want to consider that in your hard sell Pequa crusade moving forward. My offer for 2012 remains to let RP be as it may on C-D, you may wish to consider the same for Pequa so your motives wont appear to be as suspect. You're welcome to keep campaigning at your own expense, I wish you well in your endeavor but beware the backlash my friend.

Happy New Year.

Crooks
How about this Crooks: let's admit that you know about as much as Pequa and the Riv as I do about Miller Place? Sound fair? I've made my myself clear - I see BS, I'm going to debunk it. If you think that's an agenda, then so be it. You feel the need to bring down every area that's not Gold Coast or Hamptons to Rocky Point's level. It funny until it becomes clear that you really believe your own deluded manifestations. RP is not the Hamptons. It's not Miller Place. It's more along the lines of Shirley (with good schools). Most of LI sees this but you don't. You've been making the hard sell on your "beautiful Sylvan Shores" since Bush was in office.

Quote:

Just for the record
Thanks Elke. I was only poking fun comparing it to Hempstead. I know Miller Place is mostly middle class/some upper-middle -- the difference is Crooks thinks it's "very very nice and affluent" while he thinks the Riv is "working class so nassau" ... let's interject some rational third-party reality into this:

Massapequa= $557k median home price, $140k mean income, 10x $Million+ home stock, homes range upper $200's to $3M+
Miller Place= $467k median home price, $132k mean income, homes range upper $100's to $1.5M.
American FactFinder

Clearly this says a lot to any unbiased, unprejudiced, rational-thinking human being.. Especially one that's born and raised on LI. I used that $85k home just to get the point across (although it's still a lot lower entry price in MP proper than Pequa proper). I used mean income to show they both skew upper-middle. What do you make of these numbers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean sean sean sean View Post
Wow, I'm honored to receive such a compliment! Can you send a copy to my 11th grade English teacher? I'm still mad about the "lowest passing grade" on my report card from 1998

That list looks good, I'd say Pequa, I_Love_LI_but, OhBeeHave and Crookhaven are really like the "heavy hitters" on the LI forum - due to both quality and sheer frequency of posts. I guess Walter Greenspan should be included in that list too. The man is an enigma - personally I think the map posts are interesting, but I know they drive some people nuts. Regardless, you've gotta admit he is a fixture either way you look at it. If this was the UN, that would be our permanent member security council... although Crooks would definitely be France (let's not get carried away...)

Other than that, really most everyone's posts I enjoy reading - even the ones that make me wanna vomit - although I can think of a short list that gets the most "mental reps" from me... and I'm gonna post it since I don't utilize that board function nearly as much as I should...

In alphabetical order:

dman72, Goodnight, Interlude, Jetties, S.I.B., Smash255 and twingles.

With special mention going to: mongoose - because I tend to agree with what he posts moreso than anyone else

And additional special mention going to: Gpsma and scottzilla for making me for-real LOL and have retard gigglefits on several occasions.

Also worth mentioning - a few posters who are sadly no longer with us... has anybody seen AlexisT, Jrprofess, GCGuy or azzurrony?
Thanks for the mention. I totally forgot Zilla . On Crooks I'd also agree. I'd enjoy them a lot more if he put down the silver coast pom-poms and stopped sipping the Nassau haterade. Joking around is one thing -- delusions of grandeur another.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:43 AM

I'm only calling you out for turdpolishing because I care. I stopped hard selling RP a long,long time ago. I'm inviting you to do the same for 2012. I know it's tempting to smackdown the few towns on the North Shore that Massapequas within striking distance of, we get it. Do we have a deal to let the court of public opinion decide truth from fantasy?Like I said, truly great towns generally require no salesmanship so you should have nothing to worry about (other than only speaking when spoken to).Let me know, my pom poms await.

Crooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
How about this Crooks: let's admit that you know about as much as Pequa and the Riv as I do about Miller Place? Sound fair? I've made my myself clear - I see BS, I'm going to debunk it. If you think that's an agenda, then so be it. You feel the need to bring down every area that's not Gold Coast or Hamptons to Rocky Point's level. It funny until it becomes clear that you really believe your own deluded manifestations. RP is not the Hamptons. It's not Miller Place. It's more along the lines of Shirley (with good schools). Most of LI sees this but you don't. You've been making the hard sell on your "beautiful Sylvan Shores" since Bush was in office.

Thanks Elke. I was only poking fun comparing it to Hempstead. I know Miller Place is mostly middle class/some upper-middle -- the difference is Crooks thinks it's "very very nice and affluent" while he thinks the Riv is "working class so nassau" ... let's interject some rational third-party reality into this:

Massapequa= $557k median home price, $140k mean income, 10x $Million+ home stock, homes range upper $200's to $3M+
Miller Place= $467k median home price, $132k mean income, homes range upper $100's to $1.5M.
American FactFinder

Clearly this says a lot to any unbiased, unprejudiced, rational-thinking human being.. Especially one that's born and raised on LI. I used that $85k home just to get the point across (although it's still a lot lower entry price in MP proper than Pequa proper). I used mean income to show they both skew upper-middle. What do you make of these numbers?

Thanks for the mention. I totally forgot Zilla . On Crooks I'd also agree. I'd enjoy them a lot more if he put down the silver coast pom-poms and stopped sipping the Nassau haterade. Joking around is one thing -- delusions of grandeur another.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:13 AM

1,441 posts, read 2,752,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post

BINGO! have I not been saying this for months? yet when I say it you made a thread RP vs Shirley and everyone still tried to make RP look like eden. A lot of delusional people on this forum. I would put Rocky Point on the same level as say Lake Ronkonkoma with the slight edge to Ronk due to being 1,000 times more convenient to everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island