Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 11:24 AM

200 posts, read 455,831 times

Advertisements

might be a friendly fire....very unfortunate.

Pharmacy robber, federal agent shot dead in NY - Yahoo! News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 11:36 AM

1,771 posts, read 3,220,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inception937 View Post
might be a friendly fire....very unfortunate.

Pharmacy robber, federal agent shot dead in NY - Yahoo! News
what amazes me about this is how many people are walking around with legal weapons. My (uneducated) guess is all the weapons were initially concealed.
Lets see - one off duty NYC officer, one retired Nassau Co lieutenant, and one ATF officer all with legal weapons - in a small deli and drugstore. It's starting to sound like the wild west again.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:39 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,687,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimeliguy View Post
what amazes me about this is how many people are walking around with legal weapons. My (uneducated) guess is all the weapons were initially concealed.
Lets see - one off duty NYC officer, one retired Nassau Co lieutenant, and one ATF officer all with legal weapons - in a small deli and drugstore. It's starting to sound like the wild west again.
Cops dont carry "illegal" weapons...tool

Old 01-01-2012, 12:04 PM

999 posts, read 2,352,547 times
Quote:

MAYBE, maybe if they were all carrying them openly. . . .

you as the criminal see that you wouldn't have robbed the store. . .

I'd bet if everyone had a gun and they were openly carried things would be different.

We never had the "wild west"! there was no "wild west" and the "wild west" didn't have this much action either.
People that openly stupidly assume the "wild west" was worse than this now WHEN open CARRY was legal back in the days of the "old west" "wild west", well you'll look retarded when you find out that your laws against guns here and supposedly safe streets are far more dangerous than the wild west. . . .

The statistics show that people using the term "wild west" are fairly stupid to crime and gun laws and gun use and haven't a clue as to WTF they are talking about...

In Abilene, Kansas, which is supposedly the wildest of the wild west cow towns not a single person was killed from 1869 to 1870.

You couldn't say that for A town here, hows that for the dumbest statement of this isn't the wild west...... apparently this is the wilding east of imbeciles and retards

Quote:
July 1 marks the one year anniversary of the repeal of Virginia’s concealed carry restaurant ban. In a nut shell, open carry was allowed in restaurants that serve alcohol but not concealed carry. This was completely ridiculous and lacked all common sense but thankfully was repealed last year.
If we are to believe the anti-gunners, there should have been wide spread shootouts in restaurants across the state. Carnage should have been evident with women, children and minorities being hardest hit. Typically, they were wrong. The Brady Campaign has given Virginia a rating of 16 out of a 100.

I say good for Virginia that we don’t conform to the ideals of the crazies in the anti-gun lobby.

I live and work in the real world. As a police officer in Northern Virginia, I have seen the worst of the worst. What I have not seen is this out of control gun violence that we are told is at epidemic levels from sea to shining sea.
I work in a pretty typical county in Virginia. We have a diverse demographic in our county both economically and culturally. We have farmers and business people, Hispanics, whites, blacks and Asians. We have affluence and we have poverty. What we don’t have is a rash of people shooting each other dead or themselves for that matter. And I can tell you that we have a lot of gun owners in my county. And maybe that’s why we we don’t see the gun violence that places like Washington DC experience just a few miles up the road. A place where gun ownership is practically none existent.

With more guns here than in DC, according to the anti-gun lobby, we should have more violence. We don’t.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Cops dont carry "illegal" weapons...tool
uhhhhh where did you see the word "illegal" in my post ?? Get over your hangover before posting next time.
The point I was trying to make - in two small stores in a nondescript neighborhood strip mall, three guys were walking around with LEGAL guns on them.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:23 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,729,970 times
Quote:
uhhhhh where did you see the word "illegal" in my post ?? Get over your hangover before posting next time.
The point I was trying to make - in two small stores in a nondescript neighborhood strip mall, three guys were walking around with LEGAL guns on them.
That's not a strip mall. Good "uneducated" guess though.

Guns are okay. There are a lot of retired PD in the area. They keep the riff-raff away -- typically Suffdumpians.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMA View Post
MAYBE, maybe if they were all carrying them openly. . . .

you as the criminal see that you wouldn't have robbed the store. . .

I'd bet if everyone had a gun and they were openly carried things would be different.

We never had the "wild west"! there was no "wild west" and the "wild west" didn't have this much action either.
People that openly stupidly assume the "wild west" was worse than this now WHEN open CARRY was legal back in the days of the "old west" "wild west", well you'll look retarded when you find out that your laws against guns here and supposedly safe streets are far more dangerous than the wild west. . . .

The statistics show that people using the term "wild west" are fairly stupid to crime and gun laws and gun use and haven't a clue as to WTF they are talking about...

In Abilene, Kansas, which is supposedly the wildest of the wild west cow towns not a single person was killed from 1869 to 1870.

You couldn't say that for A town here, hows that for the dumbest statement of this isn't the wild west...... apparently this is the wilding east of imbeciles and retards
Haha maybe I watched too many westerns ! we had a road rage incident last week on the LIE - guy with a gun got into argument with car full of kids - I wonder what would have happened if all the kids had legal guns.
I do not know if your logic would apply to a drug addict in need of a fix though.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
That's not a strip mall. Good "uneducated" guess though.

Guns are okay. There are a lot of retired PD in the area. They keep the riff raff away -- typically Suffdumpians.
Merrick Road in mASSapequa/Seaford is one large ugly strip mall. Happy New Year.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:30 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,729,970 times
Quote:
Merrick Road in mASSapequa/Seaford is one large ugly strip mall. Happy New Year.
That's not a strip mall.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
That's not a strip mall, you dodo bird.
not worth arguing over trivial stuff when a good guy was shot. Peace Brother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island