U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Which is nicer/more affluent?
Oakdale & Idle Hour 11 61.11%
Shoreham Village 7 38.89%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Old 01-25-2012, 10:02 PM
 
Location: Massapequa Park
3,173 posts, read 3,076,713 times
Reputation: 1307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Dead wrong.

Its very much like Old Field and Poquott.

There are two Shorehams.

Crooks
Ok, enough messing around. ; )

Shoreham village easily surpasses Oakdale (as a whole-$ wise). By about $50k MHI. It was something like $130k to $80k with a lot more expensive RE. too lazy to look it up again. It's a wealthier area--for sure.On the median. But a lot smaller population. But I would still take Oakdale in a heartbeat. For a lot of the reasons sean also mentioned.

What about including E. Shoreham?
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-25-2012, 10:04 PM
 
7,658 posts, read 10,190,742 times
Reputation: 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
Ok, enough messing around. ; )

Shoreham village easily surpasses Oakdale (as a whole-$ wise). By about $50k MHI. It was something like $130k to $80k with a lot more expensive RE. too lazy to look i tup again. It's a wealthier area--for sure. On the median. But I would still take Oakdale in a heartbeat. For a lot of the reasons sean also mentioned.
Thank you for your honesty.

Crooks
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2012, 10:11 PM
 
Location: Massapequa Park
3,173 posts, read 3,076,713 times
Reputation: 1307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Thank you for your honesty.

Crooks
It's closer if you include both the Shorehams. I'll look for the census tract that isolates Idle Hour and it should be close in demos with Shoreham Village.

btw- Old Field was up around $200k MHI and 2x the RE $$. If you're going by that. Unless youre going by the ole "money under mattresses" concept, lol.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2012, 10:20 PM
 
9,343 posts, read 15,656,200 times
Reputation: 4196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
There are two Shorehams Peqs.
As you like to say, "Dead wrong."

There is only one Shoreham, and that is the Village of Shoreham.

East Shoreham is a hamlet, and is a separate community from the Village of Shoreham.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2012, 10:37 PM
 
Location: Massapequa Park
3,173 posts, read 3,076,713 times
Reputation: 1307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
As you like to say, "Dead wrong."

There is only one Shoreham, and that is the Village of Shoreham.

East Shoreham is a hamlet, and is a separate community from the Village of Shoreham.
Bring back the maps, Walter. We need a little color on this. I actually like them, albeit they;re being a little clunky. I should've never made that thread with the new google maps feature. : ( What about Shoreham-Wading River SD?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2012, 11:18 PM
 
Location: Inis Fada
13,435 posts, read 14,611,881 times
Reputation: 4338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
Bring back the maps, Walter. We need a little color on this. I actually like them, albeit they;re being a little clunky. I should've never made that thread with the new google maps feature. : ( What about Shoreham-Wading River SD?
Perhaps they could include a sampling of regional patois with each map?

(Ducks and runs)
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2012, 06:02 AM
 
Location: Suffolk County, NY
1,136 posts, read 1,045,889 times
Reputation: 463
What happened Peqs? you let Crooks influence you! I'm shocked.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2012, 06:07 AM
 
7,658 posts, read 10,190,742 times
Reputation: 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
It's closer if you include both the Shorehams. I'll look for the census tract that isolates Idle Hour and it should be close in demos with Shoreham Village.

btw- Old Field was up around $200k MHI and 2x the RE $$. If you're going by that. Unless youre going by the ole "money under mattresses" concept, lol.
Yet ironically SV was damn near spot on with Belle Terre per the Wikis.

They must be calling Old Field in a tighter map than I recognize and Belle Terre in a larger.
(that...and its Wikipedia lol)

All nonsense aside....all three are pretty damn close to Gold Coast.
Shoreham Village is seriously one of the most beautiful little hideaways on LI.

Go drive through.

Crooks
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2012, 06:09 AM
 
7,658 posts, read 10,190,742 times
Reputation: 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
What happened Peqs? you let Crooks influence you! I'm shocked.

We'll knock heads but Peqs is always pretty true to the data and Shoreham Villages numbers speak for themselves.
Im pretty sure even combined Shorehams in a dead heat with Oakdale.

Thats mainly why I was calling foul...its out of character for him.
(outside the Riv)
; )

Crooks
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2012, 06:11 AM
 
7,658 posts, read 10,190,742 times
Reputation: 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
Bring back the maps, Walter. We need a little color on this. I actually like them, albeit they;re being a little clunky. I should've never made that thread with the new google maps feature. : ( What about Shoreham-Wading River SD?
Despite your allegations, we know not of an East Shoreham lol.

Shoreham....and Shoreham Village.

Crooks
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top