U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Which is nicer/more affluent?
Oakdale & Idle Hour 11 61.11%
Shoreham Village 7 38.89%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-23-2012, 03:26 PM

1,136 posts, read 1,044,014 times
Default Oakdale Vs. Shoreham Village

Which do you think is nicer/more affluent.

Crooks seems to think that Shoreham is much much much nicer and on a totally different scale then Oakdale & Idle Hour.

So let's see what everyone else thinks.

Friggin Low life Vanderbilts. They should have been livin it up in Brookhaven boonies!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 04:59 PM

1,183 posts, read 2,710,223 times
its totally different.
I lived in oakdale (north of montauk with the little people) for almost ten years, but during most of that time I dated a guy that lived in idle hour with waterfront.
My good friend just sold her huge, mint, waterfront house in Shoreham village a few months ago.
Unfortunately Idle Hour is speckled with homes & streets that look like every other cheese ball south shore canal loving town. You don't really find that in Shoreham Village and the club amenties are pretty amazing.
as far as commuting goes, if you work west of the county line Oakdale is the way to go.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:25 PM

Sooo Oakdale 4-0 right now.

the competition is fierce. ~_~

I resent your "cheese ball canal loving town" comment.

I for one think you are insane for moving from Oakdale to where you are now...Nothing against it, just never heard of such a downstep.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:47 PM

8,404 posts, read 8,974,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyFG View Post
homes & streets that look like every other cheese ball south shore canal loving town..
Best.line.ever. But way too nice.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:50 PM

6-0.

No love for the "private community of 400 millionaires" ???

Old 01-23-2012, 06:05 PM

9,343 posts, read 15,630,255 times
Idle Hour, Vanderbilt's 900-acre estate, is a neighborhood in Oakdale (3.3 sq miles, 8,075 population 2000 Census).

Shoreham is much smaller at 0.4 sq miles and with 417 people (2000 Census).

Old 01-23-2012, 06:47 PM

7,658 posts, read 10,179,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyFG View Post
its totally different.
I lived in oakdale (north of montauk with the little people) for almost ten years, but during most of that time I dated a guy that lived in idle hour with waterfront.
My good friend just sold her huge, mint, waterfront house in Shoreham village a few months ago.
Unfortunately Idle Hour is speckled with homes & streets that look like every other cheese ball south shore canal loving town. You don't really find that in Shoreham Village and the club amenties are pretty amazing.
as far as commuting goes, if you work west of the county line Oakdale is the way to go.
It is completely and totally different.

Savaged just tossed in Idle Hour becuause he knows that Oakdale proper was no contest...now hes back peddling like a dimwit.

In so far as Shoreham Village is economically in line with that other Brookhaven dump known as Belle Terre, I can only assume that no one here has ever been there, nor knows know where it is.
(Which of course is why its awesome)

Right now there's a fool in Shirley sweating to the Googles dreaming of a better life in Islip lol.

Yes ...he's of the Vanderbilts of Shirley.
; )

Crooks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoreham,_New_York
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oakdale,_New_York

Last edited by Crookhaven; 01-23-2012 at 07:00 PM..

Old 01-23-2012, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
It is completely and totally different.

Savaged just tossed in Idle Hour becuause he knows that Oakdale proper was no contest...now hes back peddling like a dimwit.

In so far as Shoreham Village is economically in line with that other Brookhaven dump known as Belle Terre, I can only assume that no one here has ever been there, nor knows know where it is.
(Which of course is why its awesome)

Right now there's a fool in Shirley sweating to the Googles dreaming of a better life in Islip lol.

Yes ...he's of the Vanderbilts of Shirley.
; )

Crooks

Shoreham, New York - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Oakdale, New York - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
What are you even talking about. Would you like to just pretend Idle Hour is not a part of Oakdale?

you are quite a character. A better life in Islip? you are most definitly just cranky because you are the only one that likes Shoreham over Oakdale. The poll speaks for itself. Stop selling your crap already...I know Rocky Point is a very upscale community, but come on. If you honestly think Brookhaven township is nicer than Islip...so be it. Everyone knows the truth.

Hysterical. There really is no getting into that thick head of yours is there.

Shall I change the poll to not inclue Idle Hour??? there is 400 people in Shoreham. Lucky people have even heard of the place.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:00 PM

7,658 posts, read 10,179,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
What are you even talking about. Would you like to just pretend Idle Hour is not a part of Oakdale?

you are quite a character. A better life in Islip? you are most definitly just cranky because you are the only one that likes Shoreham over Oakdale. The poll speaks for itself. Stop selling your crap already...I know Rocky Point is a very upscale community, but come on.

Hysterical. There really is no getting into that thick head of yours is there.
Doesent even stack up to regular Shoreham.
East Shoreham, New York - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Personal College.

Shirley you jest.

Crooks

Old 01-23-2012, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Doesent even stack up to regular Shoreham.
East Shoreham, New York - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Personal College.

Shirley you jest.

Crooks

Again..what are you even trying to say? I struggle trying to figure out your backwards posts.

What doesn't stack up to Shoreham? Do you read what you write?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island