Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 06:24 PM

1,418 posts, read 2,807,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTAC View Post
Within the last year at All American, I saw a worker doing something with real potatoes by the fry machine.

spitting on them, perhaps.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:01 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,745,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz Crazy View Post
yup, i know the neighbors. I know the mechanic on the corner who's been there just as long as all american and I know Lou from GIGIs. what else do you want to know?

oh, btw, I just bought me some all american and guess what the fry guy was doing just as i got there? yup, you guessed it: pouring fries from a bag into the basket.

ignorant people.

if they have a cutter, where do they have the room to cut it?
I see. So you asked them and they told you they're cut fresh there--exactly what you didn't want to hear.. So youre going back to your bag theory.

Whatever dude. I admire the stubbornness- Even when you're wrong.
I have no stake or fight in this. I could care less if you go there or not..heck it's not my favorite burger joint either, but at least give credit where credit is due -- instead of acting like a child. They're fresh. Get over it.

Btw, unless you're blind you can clearly see skin on some of the fries .

Old 01-28-2012, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
I see. So you asked them and they told you they're cut fresh there--exactly what you didn't want to hear.. So youre going back to your bag theory.

Whatever dude. I admire the stubbornness- Even when you're wrong.
I have no stake or fight in this. I could care less if you go there or not..heck it's not my favorite burger joint either, but at least give credit where credit is due -- instead of acting like a child. They're fresh. Get over it.

no, again, its common knowledge to those that have lived in the area all thier lives. its not my fault that your so ignorant about massapequa's true history.

skin on thier fries? thats a thing of the past. one of the best things that have gone the way of the dodo.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:12 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,972,586 times
Quote:

You can have skin on frozen fries too...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Old 01-28-2012, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post

I have yet to find a piece of skin the way they were pre 1995 at all american.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:47 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,745,437 times
Quote:
I have yet to find a piece of skin the way they were pre 1995 at all american.
I've had AA since I was a kid. What does that have to do with anything? Like I said, you can believe what you want. For someone that eats AA religiously such as yourself, I'm surprised you didn't know this about the skin .. or the fact that they're not frozen or shipped in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post

I know Kay. Taz said earlier in the thread that there is no skin on them.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/22705338-post11.html

Old 01-28-2012, 01:39 PM
s13

797 posts, read 1,280,157 times
Quote:
no, again, its common knowledge to those that have lived in the area all thier lives. its not my fault that your so ignorant about massapequa's true history.

skin on thier fries? thats a thing of the past. one of the best things that have gone the way of the dodo.
Taz Crazy says it, I believe it, that settles it.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:54 PM

825 posts, read 1,034,420 times
Back on topic, Sonic is absolutely overrated. Their food quality (and service, typically) is among the lowest in the industry. The drinks are neat, but that's about it. 5 guys, or a diner burger are your best bet on LI. Do you guys have a chain called Smashburger? Very under-rated place! Their rosemary garlic fries are legit.

All American is OK, but agreed, it's not that big of a deal.

Old 01-29-2012, 03:01 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,972,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dba07 View Post
Back on topic, Sonic is absolutely overrated. Their food quality (and service, typically) is among the lowest in the industry. The drinks are neat, but that's about it. 5 guys, or a diner burger are your best bet on LI. Do you guys have a chain called Smashburger? Very under-rated place! Their rosemary garlic fries are legit.

All American is OK, but agreed, it's not that big of a deal.
IMO Sonic is middle of the pack (along with AAB), I would reserve the "lowest in the industry" for the big 3 fast food chains...

Old 01-29-2012, 03:20 PM

Quote:
I've had AA since I was a kid. What does that have to do with anything? Like I said, you can believe what you want. For someone that eats AA religiously such as yourself, I'm surprised you didn't know this about the skin .. or the fact that they're not frozen or shipped in.

I know Kay. Taz said earlier in the thread that there is no skin on them.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/22705338-post11.html
Ive had it since I moved to pequa, in 75. it was always a treat to have it and when you have it as often as kids have, you practically know everything about the place and knowing the neighbors, you know about the politics (who owns what, why they cant expand, why they changed the name of carvel.) I know it all, and so do the neighbors.

bottom line is, theyre shipped in frozen. the owner found it cost less than paying someone to cut them. its simple economics. if you cant understand it then you never will. I had it twice in the last 2 weeks and not one piece of skin. I even wanted to snap a picture of the guy pouring them out of a bag into the fry baskets but that would have been a bit over the top to prove you wrong.

like i said, the next time you go there, watch the fries coming out of the bag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island