U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 09:19 AM

252 posts, read 425,996 times

Advertisements

Roosevelt Field fix-up brings 2,800 jobs, Neiman Marcus

I must say I am pretty surprised I guess that puts the nail in the coffin for the Mall at Oyster Bay project (of which Neimans was to anchor).

Neimans has wanted to enter the Long Island market since the 90s but Roosevelt Field hadn't been on tehir hit list I guess they could not wait any longer. This will change the landscape of the mall for sure....great news for Long Islanders and Roosevelt Field...I still remember the expansion that brought Nordstrom here. It will be interesting to see what other stores are planned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 09:26 AM

9,123 posts, read 10,669,064 times
I wonder what side of the mall they are building this in???

The people in Syosset must be happy.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:26 AM

3,228 posts, read 3,800,369 times
I wonder where on the property they're going to build this.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:29 AM

1,820 posts, read 2,131,466 times
No one goes to Roosevelt Field any more, it is too crowded.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:59 AM

252 posts, read 425,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
I wonder what side of the mall they are building this in???

The people in Syosset must be happy.

I am wondering if there are going to use the empty lot across from the former COMPUSA and build some type of pedestrian bridge to connect it to the main part of the mall (similar to the Somerset Collection in Detroit Metro area). I can't see them realigning the ring road around the mall and the expansion that brought Nordstrom already made the footprint of the mall very tight.

That could work well especially if they plan to make it the more upscale part of the mall and have it separate from the main, more *common* area. Neimans is a destination and will bring luxury retailers that Roosevelt Field has never had, but most of those stores are already at the Americana............

Old 03-01-2012, 10:01 AM

855 posts, read 751,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetties View Post
I went to RF last Sunday for the 1st time in years and was actually surprised at how few people were there. I must say though the place was alot more diverse then it used to be. Caucasians were not the majority.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:15 AM

3,228 posts, read 3,800,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVR1997 View Post
I am wondering if there are going to use the empty lot across from the former COMPUSA and build some type of pedestrian bridge to connect it to the main part of the mall (similar to the Somerset Collection in Detroit Metro area). I can't see them realigning the ring road around the mall and the expansion that brought Nordstrom already made the footprint of the mall very tight.

That could work well especially if they plan to make it the more upscale part of the mall and have it separate from the main, more *common* area. Neimans is a destination and will bring luxury retailers that Roosevelt Field has never had, but most of those stores are already at the Americana............
I would think Nieman wouldn't want it's customers traipsing through the parking garage and then across a foot bridge to get to their space.

The Modells by the mall recently closed. Did the Legal Seafood close as well? Maybe they do something with that space and the movie theater? Or they just put it right in the middle of the parking lot on the west side

Old 03-01-2012, 11:10 AM

840 posts, read 1,279,167 times
nice one yogi. i dunno why they'd want to make it bigger, I think it's bigger than Sea Cliff or Carle Place at this point.
Manhasset much better experience anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetties View Post

Old 03-01-2012, 11:19 AM

372 posts, read 407,095 times
The mall in Huntington is expanding as well, and attempting to attract more luxory stores.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:33 AM

175 posts, read 269,165 times
yes, the modells and the legal seafoods is closed. i heard they were closing the theater very soon too. so maybe that whole block will be demo'd and neiman goes there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island