Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 11:02 PM

26 posts, read 126,707 times

Advertisements

Hi everybody! I'm wondering if any of you know of any good dance studios that offer classes for 21+ and not just for kids. I would prefer for it to be around Wantagh, East Meadow, Levittown, or Farmingdale but as long as it's not more than a 30 minute drive from the Island Trees district in Levittown then it's fine. I'm having a hard time finding a studio. I'm looking to take jazz, lyrical, maybe hip-hop, and possibly zumba as well. When I was younger I took various types of dance classes from age 3-16 and I miss it, and I could use the work out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 11:08 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
i am not from there but senior centers offer tons of dance classes for older people.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:47 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,152,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKE3714 View Post
Hi everybody! I'm wondering if any of you know of any good dance studios that offer classes for 21+ and not just for kids. I would prefer for it to be around Wantagh, East Meadow, Levittown, or Farmingdale but as long as it's not more than a 30 minute drive from the Island Trees district in Levittown then it's fine. I'm having a hard time finding a studio. I'm looking to take jazz, lyrical, maybe hip-hop, and possibly zumba as well. When I was younger I took various types of dance classes from age 3-16 and I miss it, and I could use the work out.
How about Arthur Murray Dance Studios? They have several locations on Long Island; here's a link:

Arthur Murray Dance Studios - 11 Studios on Long Island New York!

Good luck and happy dancing

Old 03-27-2012, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke Mariotti View Post
How about Arthur Murray Dance Studios? They have several locations on Long Island; here's a link:

Arthur Murray Dance Studios - 11 Studios on Long Island New York!

Good luck and happy dancing
Authur Murray I'm pretty sure only teaches ballroom dancing, that is not what I'm looking for. Thank you though.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i am not from there but senior centers offer tons of dance classes for older people.
I'm also looking for high impact dance classes, I'm only 22. I don't think that'd work out for me.

I want a place that teaches kids and young adults.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:07 PM

721 posts, read 1,566,815 times
I know a bunch of places near Huntington but that is probably too far for you. There are lots of places that teach zumba near me too although that is not my thing. Have you tried calling local studios? I dance quite a bit but mostly swing/ rockabilly. Sometimes we dance here, sometimes we go to the city for lessons.

I found this one on google. They have zumba and hip hop. I'm sure there must be others. Google and call the studios.

Long Island New York Dance School Studio Long Island Dance School Class New York Studio Class

Old 03-27-2012, 12:46 PM

11,635 posts, read 12,703,351 times
Silva Dance Academy in Rockville Centre

Old 03-27-2012, 03:17 PM

477 posts, read 1,406,609 times
There is also Long Island Danceworks in East Meadow on Hempstead Tpke.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrunner+2 View Post
I know a bunch of places near Huntington but that is probably too far for you. There are lots of places that teach zumba near me too although that is not my thing. Have you tried calling local studios? I dance quite a bit but mostly swing/ rockabilly. Sometimes we dance here, sometimes we go to the city for lessons.

I found this one on google. They have zumba and hip hop. I'm sure there must be others. Google and call the studios.

Long Island New York Dance School Studio Long Island Dance School Class New York Studio Class
Huntington is not too far. And I have googled, but everytime I search all I can find is a ballroom dance class or kids dance classes :/. I will look into the link you gave me. Thank you.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
Silva Dance Academy in Rockville Centre
That's for ballroom dancing. Thanks though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island