Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 12:32 PM

3,520 posts, read 5,701,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
The difference in price with Boars Head is mainly due to what grade level of a particular cold cut the establishment is selling. BH has many grades to each of their products. I believe they have somewhere near 10 or so for ham alone. The main difference with ham is simply the amount of water added...and that goes for many of their products. If a place is selling it so much cheaper than another store...you are buying the ham with more water in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
So you're telling me that boars head ovengold turkey in my local bodegamart is different than the ovengold at Stop and Shop? That sounds like a very un-boars head like thing to do, and I haven't noticed any difference in the taste.
Quote:
and you may not notice a big difference in taste.

my buddy is a regional salesmen for BH...this is all from him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
Im not buying that there are different levels of BH's meats.

Any link to prove that?
I dont buy this... We need more proof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 12:54 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,704,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
I dont buy this... We need more proof.
Why dont you contact the Library of Congress

Old 06-19-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Why dont you contact the Library of Congress

If you are making the claim, back it up with some evidence.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:20 PM

I explained where I got the info...go find your own info if you dont believe it.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:25 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,032,823 times
In all fairness, why would someone,even someone as demented as GPSMA, lie about Boars Head?

I mean, unless he wants to somehow cost someone $1.50 a pound more for turkey breast based on his lie..you'd have to be pretty sad and pathetic to get joy in something like that.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:26 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,712,359 times
Quote:
The difference in price with Boars Head is mainly due to what grade level of a particular cold cut the establishment is selling. BH has many grades to each of their products. I believe they have somewhere near 10 or so for ham alone. The main difference with ham is simply the amount of water added...and that goes for many of their products. If a place is selling it so much cheaper than another store...you are buying the ham with more water in it.

Some items can't be pumped up without watering them down. I purchased a small amount of the new BH Jerk Turkey at King Kullen and a few days later purchased more at Wunderbar deli in PJS. Tasted exactly identical -- one was no moister or dryer than the other, flavor was the same.

BH does offer a rather extensive selection of ham -- boiled, deluxe, glazed, Virginia, Black Forest, mustard glazed, tavern, sweet slice, low sodium, etc.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:35 PM

2,202 posts, read 4,327,433 times
I love Wegman's (Rochester & mid-Atlantic) but shopped at ALDI's (short for Albrecht Discount...a German Co.) in London.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:45 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,032,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Some items can't be pumped up without watering them down. I purchased a small amount of the new BH Jerk Turkey at King Kullen and a few days later purchased more at Wunderbar deli in PJS. Tasted exactly identical -- one was no moister or dryer than the other, flavor was the same.

BH does offer a rather extensive selection of ham -- boiled, deluxe, glazed, Virginia, Black Forest, mustard glazed, tavern, sweet slice, low sodium, etc.

That stuff is good!!!

Old 06-19-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
I explained where I got the info...go find your own info if you dont believe it.

Offer the proof, because I cant find it on the web. I could say I know the Queen of England and they are going to invade France tomorrow.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:13 PM

Ok...make you happy now....BH is the best in the world, hands down, no such thing as different grades with different prices.

It's not like a private company like BH is going to have that info hanging out on the internet.

But you hang on to you cold cut hopes and beliefs in life...it may be all you have and far be it from me to upset your ham and bolagna apple cart...ok, judge judy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island