Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2013, 07:52 AM

1,609 posts, read 4,686,193 times

Advertisements

Its a month now with FIOS i am very happy my TV Pic has not froze once,PC is faster and phone service is fine,I shut down my TV top boxes at night and they come right back on with out a booting up pause. No thought of ever going back to optimum good riddance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 02:39 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,662,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeymaster View Post
When you say box, are you talking about the ONT? And what do you mean they "clipped" of the CV connections? Is that the copper wire? Because last I checked, Fios is not suppose to touch anything belonging to CV.
Verizon arrived with three pieces of equipment:
The big ugly box where the fiber from the pole is connected.
A smaller ugly box inside my home that is plugged into an electrical outlet and services the box outside.
The cool looking modem that connects to the box outside and services my wifi and set-yop boxes.

FIOS clipped off the ends of the CV cable that ran from the pole to my house.

Old 01-27-2013, 12:41 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,662,548 times
One other negative - caller id is not as useful as CV's. I think if the caller is another VZ phone it provides the entire name if not it will say 'New York', 'Out of State' or something else unusable.

Old 01-27-2013, 03:45 PM

I cut CVs cable off the peak of my roof

Old 03-06-2013, 05:15 AM

1 posts, read 1,716 times
Switched from FIOS to Cablevision 6 weeks ago. What a mistake. Sloooow channel changes, picture seems to freeze every so often, when you hit the DVR button on the remote you could make a sandwich before it turns on. Kids are ticked off I switched. So am I.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massapequan View Post
Switched from FIOS to Cablevision 6 weeks ago. What a mistake. Sloooow channel changes, picture seems to freeze every so often, when you hit the DVR button on the remote you could make a sandwich before it turns on. Kids are ticked off I switched. So am I.
So like so many of us you learned the hard way I would never go back to Dolan's Cable Vision it stinks Fios gives me so much more.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:08 AM

10 posts, read 13,103 times
If you are still with fios, pm me.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:47 PM

196 posts, read 418,685 times
I just have to say as someone who works for Cablevision, please don't blame a single person for hating an entire company. Cablevision is one of the largest, well paying employers on Long Island. A lot of us live and work here and we care about the product. Verizon will survive without FiOS on LI.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:07 PM

1,606 posts, read 2,961,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breetai3 View Post
I just have to say as someone who works for Cablevision, please don't blame a single person for hating an entire company. Cablevision is one of the largest, well paying employers on Long Island. A lot of us live and work here and we care about the product. Verizon will survive without FiOS on LI.
But the company you work for offers a shotty product and awful customer service. Sorry.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:10 PM

161 posts, read 321,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breetai3 View Post
Understood, however, I hope you not suggesting Cablevision is more worthy than Verizon. They are both big companies that could care less about the little guy. Having said that I have worked for both and I have FIOS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island