Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 09:27 PM

1,336 posts, read 4,956,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Irvine is a real long assed way from Beverly Hills.

Hamptons much?

Crooks
Irvine is a perfectly nice place and just up the road from Huntington Beach, a spot where everyday people from around the country uproot their lives and move everyday. How many everyday working people uproot their lives and move to the Hamptons? none.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 12:17 AM

1,775 posts, read 3,776,418 times
California is appealing to many people because of the weather and beaches. Who doesn't want to live and work in rear round 60-85 degree weather?? LI is overshadowed because people strive to move and live in NYC, which many non NYers define as just the borough of Manhattan.

I wouldn't want to live anywhere else..I have lived in upstate NY, South America (my grandmother lives in SA), and Paris, France. None of those places appealed to me like NYC. Yeah high taxes suck but that's the price I pay for having access to beaches in the summer and world renowned Broadway shows and world class museums within a 45 min- 1 hr min drive of my house. To me, it's the best f both worlds.

Old 05-07-2012, 04:50 AM

7,658 posts, read 19,136,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
Irvine is a perfectly nice place and just up the road from Huntington Beach, a spot where everyday people from around the country uproot their lives and move everyday. How many everyday working people uproot their lives and move to the Hamptons? none.
Time out.

Of course its as nice as LI.Are you suggesting that wide eyed starlets are landing by Greyhound in Irvine (or even HB) hoping to be discovered as the next ingenue at the In N Out?Its about as ridiculous as your goofy farstucker LI claim.

The Burbs of LA are very similar to the burbs of NY but the Hamptons are loaded with TV and Film hopefuls.
(Except with out all the Hollywood drifters)

Crooks

Old 05-07-2012, 05:34 AM

5,301 posts, read 4,738,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
comparing OC or southern CA to long island is hysterical. people from all over the country if not world dream of moving to southern CA. NO ONE from other parts of the country even remotely considers moving to LI. LI is almost entirely natives and some who took job transfers to the area. People around the US dont uproot their lives to accomplish their dream in moving to nassau or suffolk county. They do that exact thing and move to southern ca every day. whens the last time u saw some wide eyed young girl from missouri stumbling around selden or lynbrook saying wow, cant believe i finally made it here?
So what? This thread is about wanting to move from LI or wanting to stay not moving to the area. Check legal divas post she hit it on the head.

Oh and FYI California is LOSING population right now for the same reasons as LI high taxes, high COL. Google California losing population and you will see dozens of articles on the subject. Seems the "California dream" isn't what it used to be either.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:23 AM

1,441 posts, read 2,746,586 times
Happy Monday

Youre all insane, and way too hopeful/sentimental that Long Island is the best place on earth. It's really not. Theres a whole world out there, I suggest you go see it.

As I said before, even Cape Cod is 10 times nicer than this Island...anyone who doesn't see that or admit to that is plain blind or have never been there to compare/judge.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
South Bronx?? You drinking too much of that Shirley water, savaged?
The water out here is 10 times better then you westerners, so yeah. Pine Barrens?

Old 05-07-2012, 06:34 AM

3,480 posts, read 5,671,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post
California is appealing to many people because of the weather and beaches. Who doesn't want to live and work in rear round 60-85 degree weather?? LI is overshadowed because people strive to move and live in NYC, which many non NYers define as just the borough of Manhattan.

I wouldn't want to live anywhere else..I have lived in upstate NY, South America (my grandmother lives in SA), and Paris, France. None of those places appealed to me like NYC. Yeah high taxes suck but that's the price I pay for having access to beaches in the summer and world renowned Broadway shows and world class museums within a 45 min- 1 hr min drive of my house. To me, it's the best f both worlds.
CA is a great place to see, living there... well something about the earth moving unexpectedly as a more common event bothers me a bit.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:03 AM

999 posts, read 2,353,401 times
Yes i'd leave today , right now if i could get everything there overnight

Old 05-07-2012, 07:11 AM

909 posts, read 1,832,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
Happy Monday

Youre all insane, and way too hopeful/sentimental that Long Island is the best place on earth. It's really not. Theres a whole world out there, I suggest you go see it.

As I said before, even Cape Cod is 10 times nicer than this Island...anyone who doesn't see that or admit to that is plain blind or have never been there to compare/judge.
How does Cape Cod compare in price to LI? How long of a commute to a city for work?

Old 05-07-2012, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galicia#1 View Post
How does Cape Cod compare in price to LI? How long of a commute to a city for work?
Just as expensive if not more...not big on real estate eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island