Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 04:26 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,182,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape_From_NY View Post
Heh, and I'm sitting on an empty home in SC(4 years now, as of last month) while stuck on LI paying rent. Thankfully, the taxes in SC are next to nothing.
You're renting on LI? If you own a home in SC, why aren't you living in it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 08:30 PM

90 posts, read 217,382 times
IN A HEART BEAT, i just wish i had my house up for sale 7 years ago, now I'm stuck in this cesspool.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:47 PM

475 posts, read 849,311 times
The same ol'e stinking thinking!!! One of the best pieces of advice I was ever given was "bloom were you are planted." I live in a little country town just outside of Charlottesville Virginia called Orange. There is not a darn thing here besides Sheetz, Food Lion, Mcdonald's, Burger King, a local library, and a small mainstreet with a pharamcy and few other small things. However I can got to Richmond for shopping, DC for the Smithsonians, Culpeper for the Bakery and the little shops along Davis Street, and I have peace of mind. I can also go up on Skyline Drive, have a picknic, camp at Big Meadows, and just enjoy the scenary. I'm from New York as well, not Long Island but my point is you make your own happiness. New York is just a state and like any other, it has it's pros and cons. EWhen I first moved south I got caught up in that New York this and New York that, I'm a New Yorker too, blah blah blah!!!! I realized one day that I was missing something, I was to to much comparing and not enough living. Regardless of where you choose to reside always remember that the sole of purpose of life is to enjoy it, it's hard to let go of your roots, everybody want's to be a New Yorker, but truthfully speaking who cares where your from, it's where your going that makes the bigger difference .

Old 07-17-2012, 10:57 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,105,556 times
Don't forget apple picking on Carter Mountain, wineries, and lacrosse, baseball and football games at UVa!

No beaches but the mountains are wonderful.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:26 PM

475 posts, read 849,311 times
Oh yes UVA sports and I do enjoy Carter Mountain. As far as beaches go if I miss the ocean that much I can take a 3 day vacay to Va. Beach.

Old 07-18-2012, 06:15 AM

19,008 posts, read 16,824,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
Don't forget apple picking on Carter Mountain, wineries, and lacrosse, baseball and football games at UVa!

Old 07-18-2012, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven r. View Post
Oh yes UVA sports and I do enjoy Carter Mountain. As far as beaches go if I miss the ocean that much I can take a 3 day vacay to Va. Beach.
And it's not that expensive.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:48 AM

We already know about it down here, but I figured you may want to visit and pick some apples on Carter Mountain.

Old 07-19-2012, 05:00 PM

12,769 posts, read 18,268,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post

Guess what? Long Island has apple-picking, wineries, lacrosse, baseball, football and even mountains!

Whodathunkit?

Oh ya we have beaches too.

Old 07-19-2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Guess what? Long Island has apple-picking, wineries, lacrosse, baseball, football and even mountains!

Whodathunkit?

Oh ya we have beaches too.
C'mon Dawg, Long Island has a few hills but no mountains. One thing you have that we don't, heavy traffic to get to all these things. I can hit 5 or 6 wineries in a day. A few times we've hit a winery or two and then headed to Klockner stadium to watch some Long Island kids play lacrosse for top ranked UVa. Couldn't fit in the apple picking though.

The Island has had wonderful agriculture forever, wish it was growing more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island