Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 11:33 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,685,820 times

Advertisements

and what exactly is the Red Lobster crowd?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 11:39 AM

19,097 posts, read 16,933,621 times
/\

I think of Golden Trough I mean Golden Corral with a Seafood motif..

Last edited by VA Yankee; 05-08-2012 at 11:49 AM..

Old 05-08-2012, 11:39 AM

3 posts, read 3,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galicia#1 View Post
Many Oceanside residents are very upset by the Shack. They didn't realize the Red Lobster crowd was gonna find their way there. Why would you eat fast food seafood living on LI?
You ain't kidding. This has always mystified me as well. When I'm in the midwest/southwest, I'm not looking for "The Outback", either. You'd be surprised, though.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:40 AM

7,844 posts, read 13,196,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post
We ate there 2 weeks ago. We had to go on a Monday night because the crowds were CRAZY and waiting times ridiculous on weekends or even Thursday nights. We enjoyed the food and the staff/waiters were very friendly. The service was top notch..it's basically a fast food version of Red Lobster.

I would go there again but only for lunch..and I'm not sure why the majority of customers inside look like Freeport, Hempstead or Elmont residents... the portion sizes aren't exactly crazy like that at Red Lobster? I am surprised more Oceanside residents don't go there?

Wow...just WOW. Is that code word for "Hey, there's lots of African Americans that go there?" ...wow...

Old 05-08-2012, 12:02 PM

6,383 posts, read 13,112,839 times
Whats wrong with Red Lobster? I find it to be tasty.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:04 PM

6,383 posts, read 13,112,839 times
Yes, we all know what she was saying without coming out of the bag. Typical LI trash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Wow...just WOW. Is that code word for "Hey, there's lots of African Americans that go there?" ...wow...

Old 05-08-2012, 12:55 PM

3,122 posts, read 4,940,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post
We ate there 2 weeks ago. We had to go on a Monday night because the crowds were CRAZY and waiting times ridiculous on weekends or even Thursday nights. We enjoyed the food and the staff/waiters were very friendly. The service was top notch..it's basically a fast food version of Red Lobster.

I would go there again but only for lunch..and I'm not sure why the majority of customers inside look like Freeport, Hempstead or Elmont residents... the portion sizes aren't exactly crazy like that at Red Lobster? I am surprised more Oceanside residents don't go there?

Ouch...only on the Island but anyway...

I had the unfortunate experience of eating in one of these Lets just say the big "hook up" was more like the big throw up...

I often wondered where these place Like Red Lobster, Joe's crab house, Captain D's, Long John's Silver,McCormick & Schmick’s get there seafood from? To me it tastes like it comes from a farm or a fish bowl. No matter how bad they try to season this seafood it just can't mask the imitation taste of the fish.

I rather spend a few extra bucks and get something real, hand cut, properly prepared and came from an ocean. I can't stand these pre-cut, prepackaged, processed chains....disgusting

This is an example of what I'm talking about

Pescados Midlothian

Old 05-08-2012, 12:58 PM

119 posts, read 256,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
They're black. Don't insult those who are of Caribbean descent.

Old 05-08-2012, 01:14 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,196,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.I.N.Y. View Post
They're black. Don't insult those who are of Caribbean descent.
Gimme a break, ok. I was making a point at what the poster was getting at. I was being very "PC" and probably could have used the words that the poster INTENDED to use but I, unlike them, did not go there.

And if you want to go off topic and turn this into a geography lesson, where do you think Carribbean descendents came from?

Old 05-08-2012, 01:42 PM

72 posts, read 158,048 times
Last time I went to Joes Crab Shack...I thought it was meh....
Skimpy portions of frozen Red Lobster, Ms Pauls seafood.
Any good Greek diner is way better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island