Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 11:42 PM

11,538 posts, read 12,562,494 times

Advertisements

There are rental buildings in Lawrence and the neighboring areas, but as others have said, the five pets are going to be a problem. $1800 might be a bit low for a full house rental that isn't a dump.

By "Lawrence," the OP might be referring to a business located on Rockaway Turnpike which is not very residential. There are quite a few import/export companies in the vicinity because of the proximity to JFK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 09:00 PM

5 posts, read 10,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
There are rental buildings in Lawrence and the neighboring areas, but as others have said, the five pets are going to be a problem. $1800 might be a bit low for a full house rental that isn't a dump.

By "Lawrence," the OP might be referring to a business located on Rockaway Turnpike which is not very residential. There are quite a few import/export companies in the vicinity because of the proximity to JFK.
Correct, the business is located in Lawrence and I wont be looking to live in Lawrence or anywhere in the Five Towns, I was trying to find out the best places to live around there, I will be willing to drive up to 45 mins, and the budge I will discuss with the company, knowing the name of good areas will help me to check the rental average. Thanks

Old 09-08-2014, 02:15 PM

5 posts, read 4,287 times
Did you ever think about maybe in Queens? I hear that Briarwood is not bad, about a 15 minute drive down the Van Wyck. There are some apartment buildings in the neighborhood that will accept pets. Just an idea.

Old 09-08-2014, 02:22 PM

1,474 posts, read 3,044,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrherbivore View Post
Did you ever think about maybe in Queens? I hear that Briarwood is not bad, about a 15 minute drive down the Van Wyck. There are some apartment buildings in the neighborhood that will accept pets. Just an idea.

Did you realize that you are responding to a thread over 2 years old? I am quite confident the OP (That's original poster) has settled in by now.

Old 09-08-2014, 03:19 PM

3,445 posts, read 6,038,230 times
Why don't you simply contact mrhervibor and explain to him not to post to old threads. Give a first time poster a bit of instruction.

No need for Bitterness and public humiliation.

Old 09-08-2014, 03:29 PM

1,474 posts, read 3,044,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
Why don't you simply contact mrhervibor and explain to him not to post to old threads. Give a first time poster a bit of instruction.

Do you have anything to do in your life than to stalk my posts? I wasn't rude at all, just pointing out it is a 2 year old thread. I didn't insult. Get a hobby and stop stalking me.

Old 09-08-2014, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBitterness View Post
Did you realize that you are responding to a thread over 2 years old? I am quite confident the OP (That's original poster) has settled in by now.
Maybe there is a reason I chose to respond after two years ... like perhaps ... I am related to the OP and am being ironic with her. Perhaps you should consider all the alternatives before responding to posts ... you might end up looking like a fool.

Old 09-08-2014, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post

Looks like public humiliation is on the other foot

Old 09-09-2014, 11:33 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,406,455 times
wonder where she ended up? this is getting interesting

Old 09-09-2014, 04:47 PM

5 posts, read 10,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
wonder where she ended up? this is getting interesting
Hi! I ended up in Briarwood with my husband Mr Herbavore, and my five babies (2 dogs and 3 cats). We found a really affordable place and a 15 minute commute to work and a safe calm place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island