Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 05:10 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,144,053 times

Advertisements

It's genius, crazy or just vapor. This is the old Grumman site, right?

Quote:
Town board chooses indoor ski mountain plan for Calverton property

Riverhead's town board has agreed to enter into negotiations with Riverhead Resorts, Llc to buy and develop 750 acres of town-owned land in Calverton as a world-class themed resort headlined by an indoor ski mountain.
Town board chooses indoor ski mountain plan for Calverton property -- Newsday.com (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2007, 06:22 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,933,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post

Town board chooses indoor ski mountain plan for Calverton property -- Newsday.com (broken link)
This has been on the table for a few years. The first guy that proposed it was a phony, now this new company seems legit. They originally said it would be the second largest indoor ski resort in the world. There is one in India that is the biggest.. They better start fixing up Edwards Ave & River road to accomdate all the cars!

Old 09-19-2007, 09:01 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,676,759 times
Quote:

From the folks who brought you the Traffic Circles on 58

Hooray for stupid.

C

Old 10-30-2007, 11:01 AM

2 posts, read 11,157 times
Default Ski Resort

Where is this located and are there any pictures?

Old 10-30-2007, 11:12 AM

2 posts, read 11,157 times
Question Ski Resort

Where is this located and are there any pictures?
Whom do we get ahold of for investment?

Old 10-30-2007, 11:37 AM

1,079 posts, read 2,650,358 times
I wish they wouldn't do this. There's enough traffic out east as it is, what with all the "Citiots" coming out all the time. I'm also annoyed because what I read in Newsday stated that they will be using one of the last undeveloped areas on LI to make this mountain. And it will not help the local economy, I'm sure; it will only help the people that own it (who will not live in Riverhead, I'm sure) and will give summer jobs to a few teenagers.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:51 PM

1,359 posts, read 5,656,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJickler View Post
I wish they wouldn't do this. There's enough traffic out east as it is, what with all the "Citiots" coming out all the time. I'm also annoyed because what I read in Newsday stated that they will be using one of the last undeveloped areas on LI to make this mountain. And it will not help the local economy, I'm sure; it will only help the people that own it (who will not live in Riverhead, I'm sure) and will give summer jobs to a few teenagers.
How can you possibly say it will not help the local economy? Jobs, tax revenues, ancillary business traffic. This is classic...people don't want taxes to raise, but don't want things being build to pay the taxes either. It can't be both ways. LI needs to realize that things need to be built or taxes will become unmanageable entirely.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:58 PM

491 posts, read 828,712 times
Quote:
It's genius, crazy or just vapor. This is the old Grumman site, right?]
Like said it’s the dumbest Idea since the traffic rotary’s on 58. Who the heck on Eastern Long Island skies anyway?

Part of the sight is the Grumman hanger where TWA800 was re-assembled also the morgue. I believe its being kept hush.
I think they made the Apollo lower Lunar Lander descent stages and engines there. The mosquitos must glow in the dark.
NO WAY can those old farm roads handle the traffic this junks going to bring. The jerks rushing to Foxwoods (via ferry)are bad enough.

I pull over and let them pass @70 then watch the Southold cops eat them alive.
They nail them good...REAL GOOD ....it makes me laugh especially whe I see these "suits" in handcuffs sitting on the ground next to the BMW's

-Joe

Old 10-30-2007, 03:36 PM

491 posts, read 828,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamboy View Post
From the folks who brought you the Traffic Circles on 58

Hooray for stupid.

C
No kidding !
Im thinking about something:
The zoning is 75 feet. They HAD to give the devoloper a variance for a 350 foot tall building

Now other devolopers from the west will bring discrimination lawsuits when they cant get or "buy" variances for tall apt buildings. In the end they will have to give in or spent all there $$ in court.
.....Leave it to Riverhead, what idiots !
This is exactly what happened in Great Neck

Old 10-30-2007, 03:44 PM

81 posts, read 349,934 times
I think this topic was covered in an old thread..and I remember some one voting to put this thing in Garden City.

I second that vote!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island