Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 01:31 PM

428 posts, read 966,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
You guys are tough on asthetics. Most shopping centers on LI are run down. I've been to 5 different Green Cactus and they are basically direct rip-offs of Baja Fresh chain in California...same food, same decor. Dirty? Sloppy? Alrighty.
Fair enough. I do agree I am tough on aesthetics, but if you’re an expensive suburb, you should at least be able to give me good aesthetics, no?

Case and point, though. Baja Fresh in Lake Success (New Hyde Park) – it’s clean, nice/simple. Looks nothing like how the owners keep the Green Cactus restaurant - they're old and run down. Baja Fresh is not. It’s hard when you’re running a food business. People look at where they’re going to eat food, and it’s pleasing to eat somewhere nice and clean/new.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 01:39 PM

13,507 posts, read 16,971,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Speaking of which -- have you tried the Cabo Fresh in Stony Book? Haven't been there yet, hearing mixed things.

Oh, and that shopping center is not run down LOL
Not great. Another wannabe Chipotle like Ghost Chili. It seems like every new Mexican place now has to be assembly line style burritos.

Old 06-07-2012, 06:19 PM

418 posts, read 1,067,041 times
I like Green Cactus! Food is decent, I also like their free side things - the home-made salsa and esp. the pickled jalapeno, onions and carrots.

My favorite Mexican dish is chile relleno - and I have not found any restaurant on Long Island and even NYC that can offer good chile relleno, the kind I have had in Southern California and New Mexico .
If any one has a suggestion - please let me know.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:03 AM

7,801 posts, read 10,072,662 times
There's a southeastern chain called The Taco Maker that is really decent. It's sort of like Taco Bell but with greater quality food. They are primarily found in Florida, Georgia, and Puerto Rico.

Old 06-11-2012, 06:29 AM

12,769 posts, read 18,294,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenia98 View Post
What I meant was chain restaurants. Sorry, I should have been more clear. I meant chain restaurants where you can sit and have a meal on the weekend aside from BK/McDonald's. Chain restaurants as opposed to local family owned restaurants that are deserted We frequent the area and can't find anything bedsides that one Fridays in Baldwin or Freeport/RVC
There are more than u think- Oceanside has a ton... But sunrise: Applebee's Baldwin, Fridays rvc, white castle valley stream, wendys Baldwin.

For the person who mentioned bellmore there is only one ff chain and that is Arby's. They wanted to make a McDs but the town shot it down.

And I do not eat ff except for Chipotle- it is a godsend! Everything is fresh and super tasty. Closest one is 14mi away wahhhh

Old 06-11-2012, 07:03 AM

909 posts, read 1,830,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
There are more than u think- Oceanside has a ton... But sunrise: Applebee's Baldwin, Fridays rvc, white castle valley stream, wendys Baldwin.

For the person who mentioned bellmore there is only one ff chain and that is Arby's. They wanted to make a McDs but the town shot it down.

And I do not eat ff except for Chipotle- it is a godsend! Everything is fresh and super tasty. Closest one is 14mi away wahhhh
Don't forget Ruby Tuesdays, Outback and everyones favorite Joe Crab Shack.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
Closest chipotle to Bellmore/Merrick etc is probably the one by Hofstra on Hempstead tpk. Need a closer one, chipotle is far better than crappy green cactus which hasn't been good since the old days in Roslyn.
Theres also one in Hicksville by broadway mall

Old 06-11-2012, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galicia#1 View Post
Don't forget Ruby Tuesdays, Outback and everyones favorite Joe Crab Shack.
Haha total Walter moment but ruby and outback are in island park by Oceanside but yes joes too - btw any good? There's also moe's in Oceanside.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:30 AM

909 posts, read 1,830,261 times
Quote:
Haha total Walter moment but ruby and outback are in island park by Oceanside but yes joes too - btw any good? There's also moe's in Oceanside.
Yes I know, I grew up there. I went to Joes once in Houston. Nothing to write home about. Summer is here go to Peters and enjoy some baked clams.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:03 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,208,465 times
Quote:

White Castle = Lynbrook
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island