Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2012, 08:04 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,099,795 times

Advertisements

Roslyn County Club Passes Town Board - New Hyde Park, NY Patch

There is no talking to these idiots. Last September at a local meeting on the subject, I had all the figures for the public pool fees and the community pools that extending membership opportunities to local residents, that were close in proximity to RCC. Jon Kaimen stated the actual fees for using the pool had yet to be calculated but it would be roughly $1000 - $1200. When I listed all the fees for the area pools, there was not one that was within $200 of his $1000 lower end guesstimates for a family
membership. I continued, no one would want to pay not only more money but perhaps drive a further distance to use this facility. His response. "I disagree." He ignored my response which was "based upon what facts?"

There is even a split among the residents of RCC as to the wisdom of this plan.

TNH taxpayers open your wallets and watch the $$$ take flight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island