Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 02:14 PM

31 posts, read 56,080 times

Advertisements

How is the hamlet of Bay Shore? I'm curious because I have heard mixed things about it. Some people say its nice, while others compare it to Brentwood and Central Islip. Also, are the separate hamlets of West Bay Shore and North Bay Shore nice? I mainly hear North Bay Shore being compared to Brentwood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 02:25 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,030,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Had3CooksAte2Had1 View Post
How is the hamlet of Bay Shore? I'm curious because I have heard mixed things about it. Some people say its nice, while others compare it to Brentwood and Central Islip. Also, are the separate hamlets of West Bay Shore and North Bay Shore nice? I mainly hear North Bay Shore being compared to Brentwood.

There are a few streets in downtown Bayshore that are pretty rough. 3rd Ave for example, not very nice.

Old 06-22-2012, 02:27 PM

428 posts, read 969,849 times
To me, it's like a ghost town (well, at least the areas near Sunrise Highway). It's way far out and not much to do.

If you're ok with that, the houses are big and it's pretty quiet.

Old 06-22-2012, 04:32 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,799,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Had3CooksAte2Had1 View Post
Bayshore? Have a look at what others are saying:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/searc...rchid=37442716

Old 06-22-2012, 06:44 PM

31 posts, read 56,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandEddie View Post
Bayshore? Have a look at what others are saying:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/searc...rchid=37442716
It says "Sorry - no matches or filtered words used in the search query. Please try some different terms." So I guess that no one else is talking about Bay Shore...

Old 06-23-2012, 04:17 AM

1,418 posts, read 2,806,812 times
some parts of bayshore are still beautiful. dont listen to what people say on here.

Old 06-23-2012, 04:50 AM

886 posts, read 2,646,550 times
Born and raised in the South Shore Mall area of Bay Shore (two words) and moved in 1987 to East Islip when I got married. When asked I am from I always say I am from Bay Shore as it has neighborhoods who still care more about each other and less about what the next door neighbor has.

Old 06-23-2012, 06:45 AM

20,928 posts, read 28,406,825 times
They are trying to rebuild bayshore back to the neighborhood it once was years ago. They are trying very hard to make down town bayshore nice. Yes 3rd Ave area is not nice or safe late at night but there are parts of Bayshore that are really nice.. I live in the next town over in Islip much better SD and nicer area IMO.There used to be alot of crack houses, prostitutes ect.. and they have cleaned that up for the most part.There are some nice restaurants in the area and beautiful homes on the water. If you can afford it the village of bright waters is very nice.

Old 06-23-2012, 06:48 AM

20,928 posts, read 28,406,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenia98 View Post
To me, it's like a ghost town (well, at least the areas near Sunrise Highway). It's way far out and not much to do.

If you're ok with that, the houses are big and it's pretty quiet.
Way Far out??? You make it sound like it's on the opposite side of the world. My mom lives in Nassau and from my house in Islip it takes me 35 minutes to get to exit 17 on the SS where she lives and if there is no traffic 25 minutes.

Old 06-23-2012, 08:32 AM

1,441 posts, read 2,752,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
They are trying to rebuild bayshore back to the neighborhood it once was years ago. They are trying very hard to make down town bayshore nice. Yes 3rd Ave area is not nice or safe late at night but there are parts of Bayshore that are really nice.. I live in the next town over in Islip much better SD and nicer area IMO.There used to be alot of crack houses, prostitutes ect.. and they have cleaned that up for the most part.There are some nice restaurants in the area and beautiful homes on the water. If you can afford it the village of bright waters is very nice.
I have to Agree with Lubby here. While Bay Shore may not be the brightest bulb...It definitely has its really nice spots. Lots of historic houses south of Montauk, Good resturaunts, very convenient to everything. They are trying to rebuild and revitilize the despressed areas of it...we will see.

To the person who said it was "way far out and boring" - lol 26 miles from queens isn't exactly boonie territory...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island