Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 01:12 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times

Advertisements

Go check Scwartz report LI politics to see how deluded SCPD cops are. They openly admit a cop working overnights will be making close to 200K in a few years under this contract. How absurd is this going to get?

Old 08-03-2012, 01:16 PM

6,384 posts, read 13,159,566 times
Wait, first you said they were in open in public. That is why I called you on it. Now they are in some woods thru a secret hole in a fence.

Im in the area all the time. I will keep ad eye open for all the prostitutes and heroin addicts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMalo View Post
Use the cut through between Kohl's and the gas station on Hawkins.

They just patched a hole in the fence by the wooded area where they were camping, out of sight.

Just because you don't know where to look, or just because you don't know what to look for, doesn't mean it isn't there.

You think the only people using heroin on LI are middle class teenagers?

Old 08-03-2012, 01:24 PM

3,524 posts, read 5,703,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
Wait, first you said they were in open in public. That is why I called you on it. Now they are in some woods thru a secret hole in a fence.

Im in the area all the time. I will keep ad eye open for all the prostitutes and heroin addicts.
I'm in the area all the time too.

While I dont doubt that there are heroin addicts everywhere, I'm with rocafeller that I havent seen this either.

Dont forget the secret hole is in the fence between 2 buildings that are 100 feet off the road.
If it does exist, I'm thinking the poster has a little too much first hand knowledge for that much information.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:30 PM

140 posts, read 214,446 times
Selling out the unborn
Greedy As A Pig - YouTube

Old 08-03-2012, 01:49 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,771,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Go check Scwartz report LI politics to see how deluded SCPD cops are. They openly admit a cop working overnights will be making close to 200K in a few years under this contract. How absurd is this going to get?

Dont believe everything those yo yo's say over there. That site is a complete free-for-all, everything said has to be taken with a grain of salt.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Dont believe everything those yo yo's say over there. That site is a complete free-for-all, everything said has to be taken with a grain of salt.
Judging from the lingo used there are more than a handful of real cops on that site.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:04 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,771,626 times
Quote:
Judging from the lingo used there are more than a handful of real cops on that site.
Oh there are, no doubt. Anyway they were saying they would make 200k with 150 in OT working nights in 2020, when their last raise kicks in. 2020 is a long way off, 200k in 2020 may be more like 150k today with the way things are going, plus in the interim who knows what will happen with the counties fiscal crisis? What cracked me up is how many were complaining about the 2 year pay freeze. Are these guys kidding? They should be jumping for joy they got what they got.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:05 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,474,894 times
I wish our health care professionals were treated the same way as far as "give ups". Instead the state furloughed them, held pay for years, and took away benefits.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Oh there are, no doubt. Anyway they were saying they would make 200k with 150 in OT working nights in 2020, when their last raise kicks in. 2020 is a long way off, 200k in 2020 may be more like 150k today with the way things are going, plus in the interim who knows what will happen with the counties fiscal crisis? What cracked me up is how many were complaining about the 2 year pay freeze. Are these guys kidding? They should be jumping for joy they got what they got.
It's a display of their insular and out of touch mentality. As for their salaries, in terms of the LI job market 40K might be a good salary by then compared to what's out there in private industry.

It's absurd to think one cop will be making maybe 60K with overtime and a tier 6 benefits package, while a guy on the same force will be making 150K with a $0 contributory pension because he was hired a year earlier. You think there might be some resentment within the force due to this? How could there not be?

Old 08-03-2012, 02:48 PM

3,122 posts, read 4,953,860 times
Quote:
It's a display of their insular and out of touch mentality. As for their salaries, in terms of the LI job market 40K might be a good salary by then compared to what's out there in private industry.

It's absurd to think one cop will be making maybe 60K with overtime and a tier 6 benefits package, while a guy on the same force will be making 150K with a $0 contributory pension because he was hired a year earlier. You think there might be some resentment within the force due to this? How could there not be?
D,

That stuff happens.. finally made it's way to the burb's. When I was hired and miss by one day( I was the sacrificed unborn or the one thrown under the bus) and got screwed Top pay went form 3 years to 5. I lost also some benefits, vacation days and chart days. What was I suppose to do, things are sometimes beyond our control ....You have options( quit,resign choose another career) I was pissed but never jealous or resentment never entered my mind. I did what I had to do and things worked out.

Man you can't have it both ways...they are taking steps to correct the years of mistakes(isn't what you want?) Unions won't or as a last resort give up current members and much rather go after the unborn. The union president can say anything they want but their main objective is to get the best possible contract for its members not the public. They spew a lot of rhetoric and propaganda it's part of their way accomplishing their goals.

Schwartz report seriously....why would you even go there. Biggest ***** stirrers in the world with maybe 3 % are real cops.

I called a real cop who actually worked under me years ago. He hates the contract, no one ever wants to take a zero and almost 3 makes them irate. Funny your right only SCPD think they are underpaid, funny how that works. I'm with you I also feel they are over compensated but some steps are being implemented to change that long term but yet you have a problem with that too.

It took many years to get in to this situation and it's going to take many more to get out of it.
There are no overnight solution here. At least steps are moving in the right direction. Relax.....itiswhatitis
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island