U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 08:58 AM

1,136 posts, read 1,044,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Yeah I am not addicted to my cell phone like most people are. There is no one that I need to call right away that can't wait until I get home.
People still "call" people??? =P

In the age of texting, social networking and blogging....vocal communication is dissapearing more and more each day. A shame...but true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 09:15 AM

10,995 posts, read 6,909,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
People still "call" people??? =P

In the age of texting, social networking and blogging....vocal communication is dissapearing more and more each day. A shame...but true.
Yes we do LOL I have no clue how to text and don't even care about it. None of my family texts except my brother. My husbands brother and his family text constantly. My husband has never texted either.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:33 AM

3,108 posts, read 2,264,737 times
Quote:
Yeah I am not addicted to my cell phone like most people are. There is no one that I need to call right away that can't wait until I get home.
I guess it comes down to your lifestyle. I couldn't imagine living without mine. It has replaced my laptop,camera GPS. I have to keep on top of emails and even sent business proposals, trade stocks and pay bills with the phone. I video chat when I can't make meetings and stream movies when I bored. I watch football games if I'm forced to leave my house on Sundays. My phone is literary my life line.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

Old 08-08-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
I guess it comes down to your lifestyle. I couldn't imagine living without mine. It has replaced my laptop,camera GPS. I have to keep on top of emails and even sent business proposals, trade stocks and pay bills with the phone. I video chat when I can't make meetings and stream movies when I bored. I watch football games if I'm forced to leave my house on Sundays. My phone is literary my life line.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2
Yeah I can understand how some people can't live without their phone, especially if they need it for business/work. I video chat as well using skype but with long distance family and still use a home PC. I am not living in cave man times per say just with my cell phone LOL.

Old 08-08-2012, 12:28 PM

8 posts, read 2,362 times
Pre-paid Tracfones are the best for those who rarely use it! No need for a contract, no need to pay monthly bills. And minutes never expire.

Old 08-08-2012, 12:52 PM

1,136 posts, read 1,044,014 times
Quote:
Yes we do LOL I have no clue how to text and don't even care about it. None of my family texts except my brother. My husbands brother and his family text constantly. My husband has never texted either.
Wow, I can't imagine that. I send around 1500 texts a month, and am constantly on twitter. It's become second nature. Lol. Only really when I'm out and about though. When i'm home I try to put it down and do other things.

It's also obviously a generational thing. Obviously 60 year olds aren't going to be texting as much as a 20 something.

Old 08-08-2012, 03:18 PM

14 posts, read 13,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamedge View Post
Pre-paid Tracfones are the best for those who rarely use it! No need for a contract, no need to pay monthly bills. And minutes never expire.
Hi.

I live on the south shore. Could you recommend a Tracfone retailer in the Lynbrook, RVC area?

What is the least amount I should expect to pay for a Tracfone with 60 minutes of prepaid calling time?

Thanks, Pam.

Thanks to all who took the time to reply.

Old 08-08-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
Wow, I can't imagine that. I send around 1500 texts a month, and am constantly on twitter. It's become second nature. Lol. Only really when I'm out and about though. When i'm home I try to put it down and do other things.

It's also obviously a generational thing. Obviously 60 year olds aren't going to be texting as much as a 20 something.
LOL I am not 60 I am 41. I also don't use twitter or face book
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island