Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2012, 08:47 AM

130 posts, read 383,516 times

Advertisements

This is in Nassau not Suffolk, but beware of going to the Johns Farm shopping center in Plainview. There's always car accidents waiting to happen there.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 08:52 AM

3,423 posts, read 5,645,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakingpointe516 View Post
This is in Nassau not Suffolk, but beware of going to the Johns Farm shopping center in Plainview. There's always car accidents waiting to happen there.
I know this lot and it is dangerous, mostly because people dont understand what the arrows on the pavement mean and how to move in a circle thru the lot in one direction.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:53 AM

3,423 posts, read 5,645,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
Driving or walking across Hempstead Turnpike especially In Elmont and Franklin Square.
I'd have to extend this and say pretty much any part of Hempstead Tpke all the way to the NY 135 interchange is bad.

Old 08-17-2012, 11:27 AM

796 posts, read 1,744,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
The eastern section of Garden City. Never go there!

You've been warned.....
I completely agree... once you cross over Franklin Avenue, it's as if you're stepping into Hell

Old 08-17-2012, 06:11 PM

102 posts, read 296,304 times
Anywhere there are well tanned Norwegians residing.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:13 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,986,792 times
in my experience, getting run over by a woman in a large mercedes SUV on a cell phone. I seriously fear my life when I see that

Old 08-17-2012, 06:19 PM

20,822 posts, read 28,150,930 times
The parking lot where Cross Island Fruit market is in North Lynbrook. So many idiots in that parking lot and many fender benders.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:34 PM

5 posts, read 10,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelflight80 View Post
What are the most dangerous places in Long Island especially in suffolk county ny? Why are they dangerous? What happens? Are these places bad? What kind of influence is there? What is to be done? What makes the people afraid?
Without a doubt the News12.com Sound Off Board is the most dangerous place to visit on LI.

http://prod2.forum.news12.com/ubbthr...Board=1&page=1

Make sure all your inoculation shots are up to date before clicking the link.

Last edited by XW NIGHTMARE; 08-17-2012 at 09:04 PM..

Old 08-26-2012, 12:30 AM

2,621 posts, read 3,387,914 times
Ha, ha ha. I'm rather amused by the types of responses that everyone, thus far, is giving here to the OP's question(s). If I am interpreting everyone's attitude toward the OP's question(s) correctly, my take on everyone's shared attitude is as follows:
You all deem (rightly or wrongly) the OP to likely be some kind of "flamer" who is just looking to stir up passions that will become racial- or ethnic- or nationality- or socioeconomic-embroiled. You all think that the OP is just looking to start a controversial thread and inflame passions and are all decidedly determined to not contribute anything that you feel would be "taking the bait" and therefore giving humorous and off-base answers. In other words, not giving what you think the OP likely wants to hear or, in your opinion, rather to incite.
In any case, this is a humorous thread (thus far). Thanks for the entertainment, everyone (assuming my interpretation of your attitudes is/are correct).

To the OP (i.e., angelflight80):

I'm sure that if you type in "crime" and "suffolk county" OR "crime" and "Long Island" in the "Search field within the Long Island Forum, you will find a great multitude of threads over the years that this Long Island Forum has existed covering areas/locales that Long Island residents deem to be more crime-prone or riskier to one's personal safety. Whether the views expressed by the myriad contributors are, in fact, wholly accurate or partly accurate or are instead prone to exaggeration or reflecting prejudice toward the mere presence of certain populations or not (e.g., certain races or ethnicities/nationalities, the illegal immigrant population, et al) will vary from person to person (from contributor to contributor). In summary, this issue has been covered at great length and depth in multiple threads over the years . . . threads that you can find on City-Data.com's Long Island Forum by typing applicable keywords in the Search field (such as the suggested keywords supplied by myself at the beginning of this paragraph).

Old 08-26-2012, 06:59 AM

22,617 posts, read 36,530,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsAll View Post
Ha, ha ha. I'm rather amused by the types of responses that everyone, thus far, is giving here to the OP's question(s). If I am interpreting everyone's attitude toward the OP's question(s) correctly, my take on everyone's shared attitude is as follows:
You all deem (rightly or wrongly) the OP to likely be some kind of "flamer" who is just looking to stir up passions that will become racial- or ethnic- or nationality- or socioeconomic-embroiled. You all think that the OP is just looking to start a controversial thread and inflame passions and are all decidedly determined to not contribute anything that you feel would be "taking the bait" and therefore giving humorous and off-base answers. In other words, not giving what you think the OP likely wants to hear or, in your opinion, rather to incite.
In any case, this is a humorous thread (thus far). Thanks for the entertainment, everyone (assuming my interpretation of your attitudes is/are correct).

To the OP (i.e., angelflight80):

I'm sure that if you type in "crime" and "suffolk county" OR "crime" and "Long Island" in the "Search field within the Long Island Forum, you will find a great multitude of threads over the years that this Long Island Forum has existed covering areas/locales that Long Island residents deem to be more crime-prone or riskier to one's personal safety. Whether the views expressed by the myriad contributors are, in fact, wholly accurate or partly accurate or are instead prone to exaggeration or reflecting prejudice toward the mere presence of certain populations or not (e.g., certain races or ethnicities/nationalities, the illegal immigrant population, et al) will vary from person to person (from contributor to contributor). In summary, this issue has been covered at great length and depth in multiple threads over the years . . . threads that you can find on City-Data.com's Long Island Forum by typing applicable keywords in the Search field (such as the suggested keywords supplied by myself at the beginning of this paragraph).
Actually the OP is interested in LI as a hotbed of paranormal activity and everyone is just having a little fun.

This topic
Your head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island