Native vs. Transplanted Long Islanders (Rocky Point, Nassau: college, living in, restaurant)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Okay, the folks on that video were NOT typical of Long Island natives! Now I'll admit, there are some pretty dumb folks around here, but a lot of that has to do with the Progressive takeover of our public schools. A recent survey of the seniors from our HS revealed that NONE OF THEM could name our current Vice President! That's pathetic!
Native Long Islanders
1. Know the best restaurants and have excellent taste in fine dining
2. Know the back roads to avoid the LIE, Northern State, 25A, etc ...
3. Prefer the beaches before Memorial Day and after Labor Day
4. Know where to park outside the lots for the electric line LIRR without getting a ticket or towed
5. Tend to appreciate the history of many of our oldest villages, parks and arboretums
1. Seem unable to control their children's screaming levels, especially in above ground pools
2. Do not understand the meaning of 'MERGE'
3. Want to change where they move to to be "more like Queens"
4. Think everyone in the Hamptons is rich
5. Tend to view our parks as "party zones" and get too drunk to enjoy the natural beauty
I know you cant possibly park as well as anyone who learned to drive in Brooklyn.
and you are a woman driver also...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $53,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.
Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.