Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 08:15 PM

240 posts, read 1,053,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Willys View Post
I lived in N. Bayshore. Potters blvd rite off Spur drive next to the southern state.
So you're comparing Rocky Point to North Bay Shore? WOW thats an intelligent comparison. Winding wooded roads near the beach, and treeless grid pattern streets in the middle of the island must look very much alike in your eyes.

Last edited by rockypointny; 10-09-2007 at 08:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2007, 08:56 PM

1,696 posts, read 5,175,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockypointny View Post
So you're comparing Rocky Point to North Bay Shore? WOW thats an intelligent comparison. Winding wooded roads near the beach, and treeless grid pattern streets in the middle of the island must look very much alike in your eyes.
Actually I lived across the street from a park. It had woods, baseball field, basketball court and a playground for kids.Bayshore also backs up to the ocean, not a sound. What I meant by my comment is they both have there fair share of white trash. No punn intended to anyone here.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Willys View Post
Actually I lived across the street from a park. It had woods, baseball field, basketball court and a playground for kids.Bayshore also backs up to the ocean, not a sound. What I meant by my comment is they both have there fair share of white trash. No punn intended to anyone here.
I'm not going to deny that there isn't white trash in some areas of Rocky Point, but the majority of the population is NOT. It's a shame that you are using a small segment of our RENTER community to judge the entire town. If you were to ask any Long Islander where they would rather live, North Bay Shore or Rocky Point, they wouldn't need to think twice. It just is not a justified comparison. In my opinion, the closest comparison on Long Island to Rocky Point is Kings Park.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:14 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,655,751 times
Quote:
I'm not going to deny that there isn't white trash in some areas of Rocky Point, but the majority of the population is NOT. It's a shame that you are using a small segment of our RENTER community to judge the entire town. If you were to ask any Long Islander where they would rather live, North Bay Shore or Rocky Point, they wouldn't need to think twice. It just is not a justified comparison. In my opinion, the closest comparison on Long Island to Rocky point is Kings Park.
I think Kings Park is much a closer comparison.

Cut him some slack RP, Willy moved to Jersey years ago.
He's thinking back to when N.Bay Shore was White and Rocky Point was summer bugalows and bikers,he doesnt know.

Weve gone back and forth with him on this for a while.
He worked here once a long time ago...thinks he knows the town.
Hes out of touch with the current North Shore landscape.

C

Old 10-09-2007, 09:16 PM

Quote:
I'm not going to deny that there isn't white trash in some areas of Rocky Point, but the majority of the population is NOT. It's a shame that you are using a small segment of our RENTER community to judge the entire town. If you were to ask any Long Islander where they would rather live, North Bay Shore or Rocky Point, they wouldn't need to think twice. It just is not a justified comparison. In my opinion, the closest comparison on Long Island to Rocky Point is Kings Park.
Heck me either!

But me putting down RP is like you putting down N. Bayshore. Its only one small portion of Bayshore!

Old 10-09-2007, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamboy View Post

Cut him some slack RP, Willy moved to Jersey years ago he's thinking back to when N.Bay Shore was White and Rocky Point was summer bugalows and bikers.He doesnt know.

Hes a little out of touch with the current North Shore/LI landscape.

C
That's pretty funny, we should put that on the Welcome to Rocky Point sign, "No longer just Bikers and Bungalows"

Old 10-09-2007, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamboy View Post

Cut him some slack RP, Willy moved to Jersey years ago he's thinking back to when N.Bay Shore was White and Rocky Point was summer bugalows and bikers....He doesnt know.

Hes a little out of touch with the current North Shore/LI landscape.

C
N. Bayshore is still white, I pass through at least once a year. If you go by the LIRR in Bayshore well THATS a different story.

I worked in RP in the late 80's on 25a. My brother lived in Sound beach in the late 80's.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:24 PM

Quote:
That's pretty funny, we should put that on the Welcome to Rocky Point sign, "No longer just Bikers and Bungalows"
The Bungalows are gone but the bikers arent!

Old 10-09-2007, 09:25 PM

I guess that is understandable, i hear from neighbors that back in the mid-80's old Rocky Point was a far cry from what it is today. There was little new construction in old Rocky Point, and many rentals and foreclosures. If that is what your using as a visual for your comparison i can understand how your opinion may be skewed. However, the Tides and Pickwick were still nice, if not nicer back then.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:27 PM

Quote:
I'm not going to deny that there isn't white trash in some areas of Rocky Point, but I still like it. Just put bars on your windows and get 2-3 dead bolts for your doors. If you were to ask any Long Islander where they would rather live, North Bay Shore or Rocky Point, they wouldn't need to think twice. It just is not a justified comparison. In my opinion, the closest comparison on Long Island to Rocky Point is Kings Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island