Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 01:00 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,300,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose65 View Post

That's the way us "evolved" hipsters do it. No one serves Pabst on LI. It's a shame.
You might be able to get it at the Handy Pantrys out in Suffolk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 01:03 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,704,930 times
No..they specialize in Colt 45.

Old 09-05-2012, 01:11 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,997,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
No..they specialize in Colt 45.
I actually found that Yuengling on tap someone asked about (but I think they were out east) in Wantagh of all places. Miller's Ale house sometimes has (2) 16oz cans of PBR for $3.00. Now that's a bargain! Too bad it's a big overbearing LI styled sports bar and cattle stampede.

Old 09-05-2012, 01:23 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,704,930 times
You do realize that PBR (and related beers under its mark) are not really brewed by anyone in particular. PBR is merely a holding company and pays for its beer to be brewed by any brewer with some excess vat capacity.

Evolved hipsters generally do not have any taste so its no suprise that they wouldnt know that PBR is just under-production swill.

Old 09-05-2012, 01:23 PM

840 posts, read 2,445,857 times
ns rules, ss drools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galicia#1 View Post
I agree way too many white devils living in RVC. Everyone is boring and the town is terrible. All those fools wasting their hard earned money gallivanting all night till the wee hours. You are the one with the correct perspective. Can you believe anyone would want to live in a town with projects? Craziness I say. All those surrounding towns with the colored...what a disgrace. How can a child grow up that way? It's not right that all these people on this very diplomatic forum keep suggesting such an awful place over and over again.

Old 09-05-2012, 01:26 PM

anywhere you are is where the party is at, you seem like a ball of fun. and no, frankly, i don't know anyone who wants to live near projects.

Quote:
I agree way too many white devils living in RVC. Everyone is boring and the town is terrible. All those fools wasting their hard earned money gallivanting all night till the wee hours. You are the one with the correct perspective. Can you believe anyone would want to live in a town with projects? Craziness I say. All those surrounding towns with the colored...what a disgrace. How can a child grow up that way? It's not right that all these people on this very diplomatic forum keep suggesting such an awful place over and over again.

Old 09-05-2012, 02:02 PM

909 posts, read 1,837,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunk10 View Post
anywhere you are is where the party is at, you seem like a ball of fun. and no, frankly, i don't know anyone who wants to live near projects.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/long-...ind-house.html

Seems like you didn't have any issues with living near them a little over a year ago. Less than a year on the NS and all of a sudden you are the man. What a sad state of affairs.

Old 09-05-2012, 02:04 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,300,458 times
Quote:
QOTD!

Old 09-05-2012, 02:08 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,997,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
You do realize that PBR (and related beers under its mark) are not really brewed by anyone in particular. PBR is merely a holding company and pays for its beer to be brewed by any brewer with some excess vat capacity.

Evolved hipsters generally do not have any taste so its no suprise that they wouldnt know that PBR is just under-production swill.
Nice try smarty pants. Pabst is brewed in 5 or 6 contract breweries (like every other overpriced micro brew in America that sells more than a dozen cases). In fact the breweries were mostly originally Pabst owned and purchased by Miller. The recipe is the same. It's an American original. It has as unique a taste as Sam Adams. Swill, yes. Swill like a fox. Under production (whatever THAT means). No.

Taste:
Charlie Papazian, president of the Brewers Association (The Brewers Association (BA) is an American trade group of over 1,900 brewers, particularly concerned with the promotion of craft beer and homebrewing), published the following tasting notes for Pabst Blue Ribbon in 2008: "A contrasting counterpoint of sharp texture and flowing sweetness is evident at the first sip of this historic brew. A slowly increasing hoppiness adds to the interplay of ingredients, while the texture smooths out by mid-bottle. The clear, pale-gold body is light and fizzy. Medium-bodied Blue Ribbon finishes with a dusting of malts and hops. A satisfying American classic and a Gold Medal winner at the 2006 Great American Beer Festival."

Old 09-05-2012, 02:10 PM

the difference between us is I have a sense of sarcasm and irony and you have no sense of either. my rvc search lasted all of 3 houses. you have the most insane case of south shore defensiveness I have ever experienced. and how do you know i am a man? you are so sexist.

Quote:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/long-...ind-house.html

Seems like you didn't have any issues with living near them a little over a year ago. Less than a year on the NS and all of a sudden you are the man. What a sad state of affairs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island