Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2012, 08:18 AM

44 posts, read 83,838 times

Advertisements

I am in desperate need of seeking a dedicated caring Dermatologist who specializes or has knowledge of dealing with patients that suffer from Psoriatic Athritis. I live in Suffolk County, but willing to travel. Was hoping someone could suggest such a trustworthy Doctor.
Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2012, 08:35 AM

22,668 posts, read 36,787,758 times
Isn't that an autoimmune disease (as opposed to just psoriasis)? If so, you really need a rheumatologist.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:28 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,712,359 times
Yes Twingles, it is an AI disease.

Dr. Tonnensen at Stony Brook Dermatology, most of the doctors in that practice are very good when it comes to AI diseases with skin manefestations.

OP -- do you have a rheumatologist? If not, it would be best to develop a relationship with one.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:42 AM

92 posts, read 432,918 times
I have psoriatic arthritis. You do need to see a rheumatologist. I live in Greenlawn and see a doctor that has appointments in Huntington Station 1 day a week. Her main office is in Port Washington. Dr. Imperado I believe is the spelling. Part of the Huntington Medical Group. So far I like her. She is pretty thorough although I feel like I should push back a bit on the number of appointments. I am now seeing her every 2 months but originally it was every month. Good hours for me because her first appointment is 7:30am on that 1 day so I grab that and then hit LIRR blocks away and can be at office before 10.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:43 AM

840 posts, read 2,445,857 times
dr. anna imperato (rheumatologist) in manhasset is very good

Old 11-18-2012, 07:57 AM

44 posts, read 83,838 times
I wish to thank all of those that responded to my post, but this was the first chance I got free time to get back to normalcy since SANDY. Had no electric for 12 days, and my sisters house was totally trashed, so things were a bit crazy.
I do have a good rheumatologist, and really do like her and her professional etiquete, and most caring manners.
I had gotten injured at work and it involved both my knee's, and that was 18 month's ago, and have seen 8 orthopedic surgeons, because my knee's had gotten so painful, and was unable to stand or walk. I had gotten so frightened that I would be in a wheelchair, so sought out other Doctors until one had suggested a rheumatologist because he noticed red scaly patches of skin on my knee's, elbows, and legs. That is when she had ordered extensive blood work with markers, x-rays, MRI's, and had diagnosed me with psoriatic athritis. i was started on celebrex, and methotrexate. I have now gotten much better pain wise with the help of physical therapy, and am now able to walk, and have started to work out at gym. It was also suggested that I see a dermatologist, and so far have seen 2, and they really dont seem to care about patients with PSA, they are more interested in botox, and helping those who want to be wrinkle free, and look like they are 21. When I am in room awaiting to see the Doctor, he say's okay here is RX for another steroid cream, and that was after 22 consecutive sessions of Laser treatments over 5 months, and now my insurance wont pay for anymore laser, so he just tells me, here is another RX for cream or lotion, and if that doesnt work come back in 2 weeks and will write for another script. I am not very pleased with his conduct, and that is why I am desperately seeking a caring, kind, dedicated Dermatologist who deals with patients with Psoriatic athritis, at least somewhat knowledgable in the field of PSA, to help and understand those of us with that awful itch that gets worse at nights.
Thank You in advance for your suggestions

Old 11-18-2012, 10:01 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,712,359 times
Before my AI was diagnosed, I had one dermatologist who was giving me light treatments -- worst thing in my case. That is when I sought a new dermatologist.

Was the one you are currently seeing recommended by your rheumatologist? If not, is there anyone s/he would suggest?

I completely understand what you've written about derms being interested in the Botox clients, pimples, and other easy fix/easy money diagnosis and treatments.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:13 AM

38 posts, read 32,835 times
Dr. Noam Glaser (Dermatologist) in Massapequa. He is excellent. I have a family member with Psoriatic Arthritis who has seen him, as well as friends and myself who have seen him (for other skin issues, cancer screenings etc).

Old 11-18-2012, 05:26 PM

216 posts, read 445,884 times
I have been to Dr. Glaser's practice before, in Massapequa, not for Psoriatic Arthritis issues though. I must say that I was not happy with the practice. For a Derm appt, the PA was rushed and and alouf. Aso for a microderm appt, they made me pay prior to the appt. which I have never heard of. I would never go back. Just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverChessies View Post
Dr. Noam Glaser (Dermatologist) in Massapequa. He is excellent. I have a family member with Psoriatic Arthritis who has seen him, as well as friends and myself who have seen him (for other skin issues, cancer screenings etc).

Old 11-29-2012, 06:51 AM

3,180 posts, read 10,541,654 times
Dont you have to see a rumortologist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island