U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 05:36 PM

10 posts, read 21,902 times

Advertisements

Maybe if your 18, Its a train wreck. White trash heaven. The barn is what brings in the Shirley crowd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2007, 09:25 AM

1,359 posts, read 3,821,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastend39 View Post
I still say Hampton Bays Is on the way up, wait and see 3 years from now I think you will agree with me. I see the plans in the back room at the building dept. you are not even going to recognize the place by 2010. many positive projects in the works, In a town that has been so way underrated for way too long.
Could you please explain? I would love to know what would change the place so much.

Old 10-15-2007, 02:20 PM

1,125 posts, read 3,054,410 times
I have always like East Hampton the best...Hampton Bays never did anything for me...Southampton was too snobby for me...but nice...Westhampton, don't know much about...Cupsogue Beach was always a favorite though...

Old 09-01-2012, 02:38 PM

1 posts, read 511 times
Hampton Bays IS the Hamptons...Hamptons = Westhampton - Montauk (South Fork)....Flanders is nice but will be harder than Hamptons Bays since it has no town & has the same zip code as riverhead & is basically just roads off Route 24. Yes, Historically. Historically, Southampton was a place with just a bunch of potato farmers & look at it now...

Old 09-02-2012, 02:12 PM

8,126 posts, read 8,472,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamboy View Post
No...historically its where the help lives.

Not bad ...but not the Hamptons

Try Remesenberg/Eastport/East Quogue.

Im hearing Flanders (believe it or not) may be the next buy out there.

C
Flanders is like a further out east version of Patchogue. Up and coming? Never happened.

Old 09-02-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastend39 View Post
No offense CB but I don't get what your saying, Do you have real estate Interests In Flanders? I think a little full disclosure is might be necessary.If your worried about "the help" as you referred to them.Flanders seems like the real problem. Historically Hampton Bays seems to have played host to many more elite than a lot of the towns you favor.I am really thinking of buying there, It has a nice sense of community yet not to sleepy. Remsenburg or East port not for me. You need to drive miles and miles just to find a book store or god forbid a Star bucks.Hampton Bays Seems to have a perfect blend of atmosphere. And did you know CPI is going? It will be replaced in 2 years by a 120 million dollar luxury time share. I have seen the plan it is beautiful.Flanders not so much.
I always like Hampton Bays and it has huge demands for rentals. It does have a college type feel. Honestly though, I think the residents like it like it is. It was like pulling teeth when the McDonalds went in (even though that might be E.Quogue). Personally I don't forsee major changes to the area. Now you just have to find Mrs. D's hot dog truck.

Old 09-02-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HampsWest View Post
Hampton Bays IS the Hamptons...Hamptons = Westhampton - Montauk (South Fork)....Flanders is nice but will be harder than Hamptons Bays since it has no town & has the same zip code as riverhead & is basically just roads off Route 24. Yes, Historically. Historically, Southampton was a place with just a bunch of potato farmers & look at it now...
Flanders is considered Northampton but it is rarely used. The hamptons don't want any association with flanders due to many issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island