Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 12:17 AM

10 posts, read 34,139 times

Advertisements

It seems like a logical assumption. Geographical it is in a great location easy escape to points west.yet just a short drive to all things that make the east end special. Both on the north and south folks, plus shopping and food food and more food. If we can just pull Flanders up by its boot straps Hampton bays would have great neighborhoods all around It. And the best water ways in the Hampton's.I would like to hear others thoughts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2007, 06:22 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,675,564 times
No...historically its where the help lives.

Not bad ...but not the Hamptons

Try Remesenberg/Eastport/East Quogue.

Im hearing Flanders (believe it or not) may be the next buy out there.

C

Old 10-12-2007, 09:00 AM

No offense CB but I don't get what your saying, Do you have real estate Interests In Flanders? I think a little full disclosure is might be necessary.If your worried about "the help" as you referred to them.Flanders seems like the real problem. Historically Hampton Bays seems to have played host to many more elite than a lot of the towns you favor.I am really thinking of buying there, It has a nice sense of community yet not to sleepy. Remsenburg or East port not for me. You need to drive miles and miles just to find a book store or god forbid a Star bucks.Hampton Bays Seems to have a perfect blend of atmosphere. And did you know CPI is going? It will be replaced in 2 years by a 120 million dollar luxury time share. I have seen the plan it is beautiful.Flanders not so much.

Old 10-12-2007, 09:26 AM

1,079 posts, read 2,649,754 times
My parents have been trying to sell their home in Hampton Bays for over a year, at least. There are also three or four houses for sale on their block. They want to leave for a number of reasons, one of which is the town is becoming "Spanish town." There are lots of Guatamelans (they tell me) moving into the area, and my stepfather says he can see when a town is going to take a turn for the worst (ex-cops say they can tell easily). They also tell me that 50% of the elementary school is Spanish-speaking. I don't know if this is true, nor does it really bother me.
It's a really nice town, for sure. I'd say it's a safer bet than Flanders.

Old 10-12-2007, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastend39 View Post
No offense CB but I don't get what your saying, Do you have real estate Interests In Flanders? I think a little full disclosure is might be necessary.If your worried about "the help" as you referred to them.Flanders seems like the real problem. Historically Hampton Bays seems to have played host to many more elite than a lot of the towns you favor.I am really thinking of buying there, It has a nice sense of community yet not to sleepy. Remsenburg or East port not for me. You need to drive miles and miles just to find a book store or god forbid a Star bucks.Hampton Bays Seems to have a perfect blend of atmosphere. And did you know CPI is going? It will be replaced in 2 years by a 120 million dollar luxury time share. I have seen the plan it is beautiful.Flanders not so much.
Poormans Hampton.

Bluecollar Hampton

Shirley Hampton

Whatever.

End of story.

C

PS
You're new here.
No..Im not an agent.
Yes Flanders has a long way to go...but damn its cheap for the Hamptons as compared to the Boardy Barn.

Last edited by clamboy; 10-12-2007 at 03:39 PM..

Old 10-12-2007, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJickler View Post
My parents have been trying to sell their home in Hampton Bays for over a year, at least. There are also three or four houses for sale on their block. They want to leave for a number of reasons, one of which is the town is becoming "Spanish town." There are lots of Guatamelans (they tell me) moving into the area, and my stepfather says he can see when a town is going to take a turn for the worst (ex-cops say they can tell easily). They also tell me that 50% of the elementary school is Spanish-speaking. I don't know if this is true, nor does it really bother me.
It's a really nice town, for sure. I'd say it's a safer bet than Flanders.
Totally

The helps got to live somewhere.

C

Old 10-12-2007, 05:27 PM

Calmmy, I am not that new i have been reading your posts for 2 years, and just so you know. The Bordy barn is closing next year as well. Flanders is scary why are you so partial to Flanders? Don't take me wrong. I hope they can clean It up. It would be better for East Quoge and Hampton bays if they do. but Flanders has a problem in common with Riverhead. That problem Is the jail, I believe that if a person Is arrested,Lets say in Selden. Because we all Know its one of your favorite towns . That person should be released at the end of their sentence back to the place where the where arrested.Think about it . Why should Riverhead carry that statistical repeat offender risk.To many low life's get out and stay in the area.

Old 10-12-2007, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Calmmy, I am not that new i have been reading your posts for 2 years, and just so you know. The Bordy barn is closing next year as well. Flanders is scary why are you so partial to Flanders? Don't take me wrong. I hope they can clean It up. It would be better for East Quoge and Hampton bays if they do. but Flanders has a problem in common with Riverhead. That problem Is the jail, I believe that if a person Is arrested,Lets say in Selden. Because we all Know its one of your favorite towns . That person should be released at the end of their sentence back to the place where the where arrested.Think about it . Why should Riverhead carry that statistical repeat offender risk.To many low life's get out and stay in the area.

No worries...sorry if I jumped on you.

All I was trying to say was that I know some investors who are buying Flanders on the cheap.

Im not partial to it...I do think its a decent value for the area.
Thats all.

I think its kind of sad that The Boardy Barn and CPI are gone.

Hampton Bays was always the Unhampton.
Thats really part of its charm.

As for Western hamptons ...I still say Remsenberg Speonk is the way to go.

Best

C

Old 10-12-2007, 08:21 PM

1,359 posts, read 5,655,200 times
I think that Flanders is going to boom more so than HB b/c HB is a solid area with solid houses, but Flanders has a lot of crap that can be knocked down. Who knows, but the whole area will be crazy in the not so distant future.

I would love to buy something out there.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:28 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,931,947 times
Quote:
Hampton bays is looking more like Brentwood everyday. Mostly Spanish speaking workers living there year round, a few sweet spots near the water for summer only residents. I've heard Flanders is the better buy as well, Quioge & Speonk(aka Remsenberg) are still good buys too compared to surrounding areas.

And about CPI, it has been closing "in two years" since I was selling shots in my mini skirt & a bikini top there in the 90's. The plans were hanging up in the hall upstairs where the rooms are for the employees that live there on weekends in the Summer. We spent many a labor day weekend partying because it would be the last.
I'd say the Boardy Barn closing is nothing but bull too, that is unless the drunken white kids don't want to deal with all the Amigos hanging out over there anymore & they aren't making money.
Don't be fooled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island