Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2023, 10:11 AM

602 posts, read 313,717 times

Advertisements

Someone at WE Transport, the Long Island based school based bus company, needs to grow a pair and give this poor woman her job back....

https://nypost.com/2023/10/09/bus-dr...was-alcoholic/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2023, 10:20 AM

8,814 posts, read 21,280,851 times
Maybe there's an office job for her.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 10-09-2023, 10:47 AM

1,466 posts, read 759,691 times
I don’t think she should be driving children after this incident. Stuff happens but we need to have some responsibility for our actions here. As said above maybe she can work else where in the company but she can’t be responsible for driving children. Her choice and her choice alone resulted in this.

She chooses the wrong beverage but we will trust her with 2 Dozen kids ?

Old 10-09-2023, 11:10 AM

2,605 posts, read 3,402,582 times
There's no way I'd be comfortable with her driving my kids to school and back. You just grabbed a drink from a fridge and didn't even bother to look at the label to see what it was? I'm not buying her story. I do feel bad for the lady and hope she gets another job soon but she shouldn't be driving a bus full of children.

Old 10-09-2023, 02:05 PM

22,669 posts, read 36,798,199 times
Agree - give her an office job. I see no malice on her part but you can't make a mistake like that and keep on driving.

Reminds me of the guy who gave his toddler Mike's Hard Lemonade not realizing it had alcohol.

Old 10-09-2023, 02:14 PM

2,666 posts, read 1,185,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Maybe there's an office job for her.
That is a good idea. She worked there for 15 years never had anything like this happen until now one mistake not deliberate drinking.

Old 10-09-2023, 06:19 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,359,123 times
Not a mistake. No way. You would know after the first sip. And you would know what you grabbed, open and drank. Stop giving someone the benefit of the doubt in a ridiculous situation

Old 10-09-2023, 08:45 PM

3,375 posts, read 1,969,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
Not a mistake. No way. You would know after the first sip. And you would know what you grabbed, open and drank. Stop giving someone the benefit of the doubt in a ridiculous situation
I'm someone who had to stop drinking anything alcoholic about 15 years ago because of medication I was taking. After I stopped the medication I just never went back to drinking anything with alcohol because I'd rather eat my calories : ) About a year ago I was at a friend's house and had a hard seltzer with a fruity name and a very fruity taste. I truly didn't even know what hard seltzer was but I did feel a little lightheaded not too long after the drink.

My point is that for someone who doesn't drink, you really might not know there's alcohol in the can, especially for something like a fruit flavored hard seltzer. I'm not advocating that she should drive the bus but I am saying that I know it's possible for a non-drinker not to taste the alcohol in a fruit flavored drink. Isn't that the point of those drinks? For them NOT to taste like alcohol?

Old 10-09-2023, 09:05 PM

5,054 posts, read 3,956,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfomd129 View Post
I'm someone who had to stop drinking anything alcoholic about 15 years ago because of medication I was taking. After I stopped the medication I just never went back to drinking anything with alcohol because I'd rather eat my calories : ) About a year ago I was at a friend's house and had a hard seltzer with a fruity name and a very fruity taste. I truly didn't even know what hard seltzer was but I did feel a little lightheaded not too long after the drink.

My point is that for someone who doesn't drink, you really might not know there's alcohol in the can, especially for something like a fruit flavored hard seltzer. I'm not advocating that she should drive the bus but I am saying that I know it's possible for a non-drinker not to taste the alcohol in a fruit flavored drink. Isn't that the point of those drinks? For them NOT to taste like alcohol?
Beyond that, she has a tastebud issue due to the chemo she’s on.

There’s really no chance she’s a boozer.

Surely there’s a job for her dispatching the busses or as a helper on a handicapped bus or something.

Old 10-10-2023, 03:37 AM
Status: "I have read 26 books this year!!!" (set 2 days ago)

449 posts, read 197,438 times
I vote to give her an office job. That way, she won't be homeless. Prayers up for this woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island