Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 03:03 PM

1,474 posts, read 3,057,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mambwe View Post
I don't have a problem with Tom posting his name and revealing his profession. He has helped a lot of people, myself included, with real estate related questions. If it was a conflict with the Terms of Service I'm sure the moderators would have stopped Tom long ago. He has been a member of this board a lot longer than the people complaining and has been contributing way before most of the you. Let the Moderators do their job. Thats why they are here. There have been other members in the past who have advertised their business and also contributed to this forum without issue. Kbinspections has been doing home inspections for board members for years. I'm sure there are also others that have advertised their businesses. Who cares? As long as they can contribute to the board like Tom and Kbinspections I see no issue with it. When people start pulling up old Home Alarm threads thats a different story.

If there is one member who doesn't contribute and should have his account deleted it is MrBitterness. I've never seen anything worth reading from any of his posts.
Oh give me a break. You have a problem with me only because I told you it wasn't your neighbors responsibility that a tree on their property fell on your house and you didn't like that. You are also the one begging people to rep you.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:14 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,112,817 times
I will only reveal my name in DM's as I have done many times. I have stated in early posts that I was a teacher by training, but that career lasted only a few years as a relocation and eventual return left me out of the teaching field and on Wall street from where I am retired.

I can assure you that I have no agenda, other than to learn about how others may have handled a situation they are dealing with OR if I have had a similar experience lend a hand in how I handled a similar situation. I will agree that there are some who may have an agenda, but I choose to ignore them (you can block those posters, if you choose) and only respond to the ones that I believe are here for the same purpose as I am.

Currently, I am in contract on a home and the interaction with my attorney is less than satisfactory, to put it mildly. Rather than post the dealings for all to read, I sought the expertise of both Tom Moser and Elke Mariotti, via DM, to see if they had ever encountered a similar situation. While I never met or spoken with either Tom or Elke, I asked if they would comment on my situation because they have over the years gained my respect as two Realtors who have a vast bundle of knowledge that are willing to share on CD for nothing in return, discounting of course, the satisfaction one gets from helping one another.

To my mind, if someone has consistently offered help and gained a client because of their sharing here on this forum, they deserve all the clients they get. There is nothing that speaks better of you than your reputation, and that is in any walk of life.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:31 PM

520 posts, read 1,653,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBitterness View Post
Oh give me a break. You have a problem with me only because I told you it wasn't your neighbors responsibility that a tree on their property fell on your house and you didn't like that. You are also the one begging people to rep you.
First off, you weren't the only or even the first person to tell me I was wrong in that thread. It has nothing to do with that thread. Everything that I have read of yours has been babbling garbage. I guarantee that Tom has 10 to 1 more posts than you that contain actual substance.

Secondly, Since seem to think you are the enforcer of the terms of service why don't you go report me for asking, not begging, for rep points.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:40 PM

1,474 posts, read 3,057,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mambwe View Post
First off, you weren't the only or even the first person to tell me I was wrong in that thread. It has nothing to do with that thread. Everything that I have read of yours has been babbling garbage. I guarantee that Tom has 10 to 1 more posts than you that contain actual substance.

Secondly, Since seem to think you are the enforcer of the terms of service why don't you go report me for asking, not begging, for rep points.
The only way to judge how helpful someone is on this forum is by rep points. Look at mine as compared to yours, and we have roughly posted the same amount of times. So obviously others have felt I have been more helpful than you.

As far as Tom, and this is the last time I'll write this. He is a great contributor and I have absolutely nothing against RE agents. I just felt he, or any other agent, should not have posted in that one particular thread which concerned FSBO vs hiring an agent. His opinion was too biased to have commented there.

Anyone who wanted to take the time to go through your prior posts would see you obviously have a bone to pick with me so your opinion regarding me is irrelevant. You can write anything you want in return but I will not get into this ridiculous back and forth with someone attacking me for no other reason than I disagreed with him.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:41 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,727,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomMoser View Post
Since I seem to get blasted all the time since I am a real estate agent and state it up front (I also use my real name), I thought I might challenge everyone else to state their real name and their profession so that we might see if any of their posts are biased.

I haven't read any of the responses here so I don't know if this has been said or not:

I would never, in a million years, give my real name and profession on some anonymous internet message board. How do you know if some lunatic who may disagree with you will find you somehow and start harassing you at home or at work??

Tom, you choose to put your name and profession out there becuase there is a potential for you to make some money, make business connections.

Old 12-30-2012, 06:13 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,112,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
I haven't read any of the responses here so I don't know if this has been said or not:

I would never, in a million years, give my real name and profession on some anonymous internet message board. How do you know if some lunatic who may disagree with you will find you somehow and start harassing you at home or at work??

Tom, you choose to put your name and profession out there because there is a potential for you to make some money, make business connections.

I made a previous post in this thread that states my opinion (just that, MY opinion), but I must say in my mind putting your name out there as they have done can also be a great risk, as you so aptly pointed out. Therefore, in my mind it adds legitimacy to their post knowing that they not only put their own names but also their reputation on the line to help other posters. Again, acknowledging that, this is my opinion.

Old 12-30-2012, 07:58 PM

1,919 posts, read 7,108,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
[/b]

I made a previous post in this thread that states my opinion (just that, MY opinion), but I must say in my mind putting your name out there as they have done can also be a great risk, as you so aptly pointed out. Therefore, in my mind it adds legitimacy to their post knowing that they not only put their own names but also their reputation on the line to help other posters. Again, acknowledging that, this is my opinion.
Rep points for this, ITA

Old 12-30-2012, 08:12 PM

31 posts, read 52,703 times
Dearest Tom Hoser,

How about, NO. It's the internet, we are not going to give our personal information. It doesn't make us "scaredy cats". What kind of a 12 year old mentality is that anyway?

Old 12-30-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Beagle View Post
Dearest Tom Hoser,

How about, NO. It's the internet, we are not going to give our personal information. It doesn't make us "scaredy cats". What kind of a 12 year old mentality is that anyway?
Don't get mad at Tom. I believe it was the idea of MrBitterness first. Blame it!!

Old 12-30-2012, 08:20 PM

Don't forget my rep point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island