Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 04:32 PM

491 posts, read 828,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njean View Post
hi, please tell me about farmingville the homes look nice and price is not bad Iwould like to know about the school system for my son who needs special education. what is important to me is the schools because my son has autism. my price range is from 450,000 to 575,000. thanks
Ever been to Pueblo Mexico ?
Over 40% of all the childeren (under 8) in the schools over there cant speak English. The teachers have there hands so full and sick of all this goverment mandated ESL & related "Bullstuff" many have quit.

I wouldnt live there if people paid me, BAD BAD scene every morning with 1000's of 1/2 drunken men on the street looking for work, cat calling women going to work, little girls going to school.

-Joe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 04:38 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,677,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean sean sean sean View Post
I'm still trying to figure out why people think Farmingdale is in any way a bad area....
Youre kiddin' too ..right?
Farmingdale and Farmingville have plenty in common.
It's got dem Middle Island Migrant Workers Blues.

"On any given morning on Conklin Street, the two-lane extension of the Hempstead Turnpike that runs through the center of the village, dozens of vans and trucks pull onto side streets to pick up the day laborers waiting on the corner. It is a sight that has changed little for years, despite the village's efforts."

So much for the "Incorporated village will take care of it" theory

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/14/ny...and%20Refugees

C

Last edited by clamboy; 10-18-2007 at 05:01 PM..

Old 10-18-2007, 04:59 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,072,850 times
I lived in Farmingville (bought a house in '96, sold it (barely) in 1999.

The house was a good price. I thought the area was okay (I had gone back and checked and rechecked the area over and over).

Well, the neighbors were obnoxious. One only spoke to us when my husband came home one day in a bad mood and told this guy's dog (huge German Shepherd) to shut up. The guy (we'd never seen him before) sprang out of his house and said, "Leave my dog alone!" or something spicier...(white trash).

The guy across the street used to dump his rubbish and trash across from our driveway. Teens used some of it to smash our windows. (we forgot the timers one night, came home late from visiting my sister (who'd just had a baby) and found our window broken.

I was actually a month pregnant myself and very upset. I was so distraught at the idea of this sort of meaness that I could have had a miscarriage. I spent the next day guarding my house till my husband came home from Home Depot. A few teens (seeing our broken window) thought they'd break a few more and cased out our house. I stood at the front door glaring at them.

Kids thought nothing of trespassing on your (fenced) lawn, stuffing junk in your mailbox, smacking berries with a bat at your door (the junkman's kid). No one ever spoke to us in three years, except one day when Junkman's wife came over to tell me (now I was 6 months pregnant) that a 'burglar' was on the loose and had tried to break into her house (I had seen our flood lights go on about 4 am..)

Another time police showed up at our house after my husband and I got home from work. I was cooking dinner, still in my 'dress clothes.' The police said "You called us?" (I guess someone was trying to get us in trouble with the cops?) Clearly they saw it was not us who called and left.

We were quiet people who never bothered anyone. I was constantly shocked at how low class these people acted. (I'm from a nice area where people know how to respect their neighbors.)

Sorry for the epic-- but these are only a few incidents in 3 years...DO NOT MOVE TO FARMINGVILLE. There are a few nice streets but not where we were.
And yes, there were plenty of 'day workers,' but I am not getting into that. Again it was 8 years ago..is it better or worse now..? Who knows?

Oh, and there was a lot of traffic in and out and cars constantly hanging on my road (signs of drugs/fencing items/crime). There was no reason for all the corner traffic and strange people 'doing things' in their cars..(later I read some signs of crime and bells went off..)

Old 10-18-2007, 05:05 PM

1,058 posts, read 3,488,366 times
Quote:
Oh, and there was a lot of traffic in and out and cars constantly hanging on my road (signs of drugs/fencing items/crime). There was no reason for all the corner traffic and strange people 'doing things' in their cars..(later I read some signs of crime and bells went off..)
Unfortunately, it sounds like so many other places on Long Island today.

Old 10-18-2007, 06:07 PM

2,845 posts, read 10,511,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamboy View Post
Youre kiddin' too ..right?
Farmingdale and Farmingville have plenty in common.
It's got dem Middle Island Migrant Workers Blues.

"On any given morning on Conklin Street, the two-lane extension of the Hempstead Turnpike that runs through the center of the village, dozens of vans and trucks pull onto side streets to pick up the day laborers waiting on the corner. It is a sight that has changed little for years, despite the village's efforts."

So much for the "Incorporated village will take care of it" theory

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/14/ny...and%20Refugees

C
Oh so it's bad just because there's brown people there? I guess Oyster Bay is a piece of junk too.

Old 10-18-2007, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Oh so it's bad just because there's brown people there? I guess Oyster Bay is a piece of junk too.
No no.....not brown people

ILLEGAL people.

C

Old 10-18-2007, 06:57 PM

2,845 posts, read 10,511,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamboy View Post
No no.....not brown people

ILLEGAL people.

C
What's that you say??? ILLEGALS?!?!!!! <-gasp-!> THE HORROR!!

Big deal...I'm really not convinced there's too many of them there either, if there are they must be really good at hiding. They certainly aren't having much of a negative impact on the economy or scenery in Farmingdale either.

Old 10-18-2007, 07:20 PM

25 posts, read 76,389 times
Default thanks

thanks to all that let me know about farmingville just trying to find a good area for me and my family it seems i have a lot of research to do. Schools is my main proirity it is important I find a disrtict that is good for children who have special needs. Its hard to buy a home and to invest so much and to have people bring the neighborhood down this is going to be my second home and I'll be dam to move some place then regret it like I do now. So thanks to all if there is more information about sulfolk county please share need to know especially for my son.

Old 10-18-2007, 07:34 PM

Quote:
What's that you say??? ILLEGALS?!?!!!! <-gasp-!> THE HORROR!!

Big deal...I'm really not convinced there's too many of them there either, if there are they must be really good at hiding. They certainly aren't having much of a negative impact on the economy or scenery in Farmingdale either.
No theyre everywhere...I disagree.

Farmingdale is Farmingville West.
Are you sure youre not in Bethpage?

C

Last edited by clamboy; 10-18-2007 at 07:42 PM..

Old 10-18-2007, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njean View Post
thanks to all that let me know about farmingville just trying to find a good area for me and my family it seems i have a lot of research to do. Schools is my main proirity it is important I find a disrtict that is good for children who have special needs. Its hard to buy a home and to invest so much and to have people bring the neighborhood down this is going to be my second home and I'll be dam to move some place then regret it like I do now. So thanks to all if there is more information about sulfolk county please share need to know especially for my son.
I wouldnt rule Sachem out.

Just Farmingville.

C
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island