U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 01-12-2013, 09:46 AM
 
Location: Copiague
12 posts, read 40,228 times
Reputation: 13

Advertisements

I've been living in Copiague for about two years or more and I must say I love it. Its a blue collar working area and very safe. I live south of sunrise closer to Montauk and the area is beautiful and quiet. Where I live their is a large Polish presence as well as other white groups such as German and Italian. I agree north of sunrise could be a bit shady but still the crime rate is pretty low. School district unfortunately has lots kids coming from north Amityville and does have a Hispanic gang presence but still relatively safe. My son attends Great Neck middle school and never once did he have a problem with anyone. I need to hear why Copiague gets a such a negative review. Am I missing something?
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-12-2013, 09:50 AM
 
Location: Islip,NY
16,929 posts, read 19,666,757 times
Reputation: 17186
Not sure why other than it's a very diverse community. I work in the Copiague schools a food service worker. My Nieces and nephew all go to the schools in Copiague.My nephew is in 8th grade at the MS, my oldest niece graduated from the HS this past June and is away at college, and my other niece is a Junior at the HS. My SIL loves living in Copiague. All three of them are A students. If I had to choose neighborhoods to live in, Copiague would not be my first choice though.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2013, 09:55 AM
 
Location: Copiague
12 posts, read 40,228 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Not sure why other than it's a very diverse community. I work in the Copiague schools a food service worker. My Nieces and nephew all go to the schools in Copiague.My nephew is in 8th grade at the MS, my oldest niece graduated from the HS this past June and is away at college, and my other niece is a Junior at the HS. My SIL loves living in Copiague. All three of them are A students. If I had to choose neighborhoods to live in, Copiague would not be my first choice though.
My first choice would be in the Hamptons but that's not going to happen but regardless Copiague is a beautiful place to live in. Especially south of Sunrise highway. I had a choice between Lindenhurst, W.Babylon and Copiague. Didn't really see much of a difference between the three neighborhoods.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2013, 10:03 AM
 
Location: Planet Earth
1,474 posts, read 2,399,793 times
Reputation: 1466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justaguydude View Post
I've been living in Copiague for about two years or more and I must say I love it. Its a blue collar working area and very safe. I live south of sunrise closer to Montauk and the area is beautiful and quiet. Where I live their is a large Polish presence as well as other white groups such as German and Italian. I agree north of sunrise could be a bit shady but still the crime rate is pretty low. School district unfortunately has lots kids coming from north Amityville and does have a Hispanic gang presence but still relatively safe. My son attends Great Neck middle school and never once did he have a problem with anyone. I need to hear why Copiague gets a such a negative review. Am I missing something?
You live in Copaigue but your son goes to Great Neck MS? Maybe that's why he hasn't had trouble with the Hispanic gang problems at Copaigue, cause he doesn't go there.

There's plenty of towns worse than Copaigue, but more better ones than not.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2013, 10:18 AM
 
1,481 posts, read 2,707,131 times
Reputation: 978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justaguydude View Post
I've been living in Copiague for about two years or more and I must say I love it. Its a blue collar working area and very safe. I live south of sunrise closer to Montauk and the area is beautiful and quiet. Where I live their is a large Polish presence as well as other white groups such as German and Italian. I agree north of sunrise could be a bit shady but still the crime rate is pretty low. School district unfortunately has lots kids coming from north Amityville and does have a Hispanic gang presence but still relatively safe. My son attends Great Neck middle school and never once did he have a problem with anyone. I need to hear why Copiague gets a such a negative review. Am I missing something?
You answered your our question. "Schools" They key factor here on L.I.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2013, 10:19 AM
 
Location: Copiague
12 posts, read 40,228 times
Reputation: 13
Yes MS on Great Neck Road which I wrote he attends. Never had a single problem.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2013, 10:21 AM
 
Location: Copiague
12 posts, read 40,228 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky25 View Post
You answered your our question. "Schools" They key factor here on L.I.
Regardless nothing wrong with the neighborhood. Those kids are mostly from N.Amityville not Copiague itself. Copiague school might not be the best but its definitely decent.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2013, 10:22 AM
 
1,495 posts, read 1,914,518 times
Reputation: 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBitterness View Post
You live in Copaigue but your son goes to Great Neck MS? Maybe that's why he hasn't had trouble with the Hispanic gang problems at Copaigue, cause he doesn't go there.

LOL, thank you for calling out this delusional poster.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2013, 10:28 AM
 
1,495 posts, read 1,914,518 times
Reputation: 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justaguydude View Post
Regardless nothing wrong with the neighborhood. Those kids are mostly from N.Amityville not Copiague itself. Copiague school might not be the best but its definitely decent.
Define "decent"?

Well according to greatschools.org the high school is rated a 4. That is not decent in my book.
Walter G O'Connell Copiague High School - Copiague, New York - NY - School overview

I think you want to believe that it is a nice area and want other people to agree with you. Hey look, if you are happy with Copiague then good for you. Not everyone is going to agree with you.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2013, 10:28 AM
 
Location: Copiague
12 posts, read 40,228 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
LOL, thank you for calling out this delusional poster.
I think your delusional. You obviously didn't read my original post. Do you have kids that go to MS in Copiague?
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top